Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

Thank you! I know what you mean. XD I have a tendency to love making groups of villains. It just kind of seems natural that the more dangerous crime would tend to cluster together to become more dangerous. While a lone boogeyman can be a terrifying thing, if most of your villains are a solo act, you kinda lose some of the punch of the boogeyman.
After doing some thought, I thought of possible scenarios for the government connection to possibly use with each villain group, so that whatever one or ones you want can fit in with ease.
The Pact of Salem (TPS)- News stories are coming in about superhumans being murdered/assassinated/kidnapped and it's starting to make a big stink. The government connection suspects TPS's involvement and needs a team to face them that won't be afraid to get their hands dirty. The team would likely be sent in to the old TPS HQ to start.

The Rasputane (Ras)- Former CIA agents are disappearing off the map, picked off one by one- the thing that is in common? All cold war-era spies who returned from Russia. With very few of these spies remaining, the team is used to bodyguard one- who turns out to be the bait they needed to draw the baddies out.

The Cult of Humanity's Failure (CHF)- Unlike the other two- the team is not told about the Cult- but rather, the Cult is interested in taking Desperado for themselves, and so they show up to the party at the same time our team does.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i really like the idea of the big bad group bein brainwashed, Escutcheon! as a matter of fact, i wanted to end the Desperado/Bones corssover im making with a sort of questioning like that. whethere the program isnt just neutering some of these heroes or not, and in my story, Desperado does get away, so there's def still room for some chasing afterwards. Desperado also strikes me as the type of character that'd just instantly be against anything like R.I.S.E or TCOHM for the very reasons that you mentioned, Esc. he's such a "man of my own" kind of character, i think he'd find them laughable. (not that he IS my character) and that makes it all the more intruiging both of these groups would be after him and willing to fight for him.

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

You see that's odd because I assumed a thrill junkie like Desperado would love to have a chance to shoot at plenety of superhumans. In SHELL he seemedpretty bored with just killing normal cops.

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

I'll be glad to add the major members of whichever group(s) end up being chosen (if any) to the Villains thread.
But yeah. I think that since the tone of R.I.S.E. would likely be rather dark, we might want to consider some stylistic motifs. While I imagine that our ex-baddies/dark good-ies have their own outfits, it might give a bit more unity to thematically unite them. I'm not saying everyone should have all-black gear or anything like that- rather, there should be some level of contrast to make them all stand out, but enough in common that they are clearly a unit.
One of the interesting comparisons that might be drawn is this: HA is an assembly of heroes, people who don't feel bound to stick to any one theme. We can have people who look as sci-fi as Shell or Classic as Bombshell- gritty like Peligroso, yet lighthearted as Mr. Imp. In short, HA is as fantastic in its wide membership and its diversity as it is their powers and personalities.
Meanwhile, as a contrast, imagine R.I.S.E.- all of its members are either former villains or heroes who are a bit more Dirty than Harry- whose outfits, while still somewhat diverse, if my suggestion were to be taken, would have this centralized black/gray motif to them- who work together as a core unit- a centralized team, all for the same goal, with the same, if gritty, standards.
Whilst the heroes of HA can walk in the sunlight unharrassed, R.I.S.E. members can't stray too far alone- lest their enemies pay back old dues. Perhaps, even, a pack mentality may seep in- counterbalanced by the paranoia- the fear that this, in fact, is just what the government WANTS. And, in fact, perhaps the government DOES want them to be one pack. One united pack, ready to take orders and do whatever comes out- without question. Without rebellion. Without failure.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

JimHarbor wrote:
You see that's odd because I assumed a thrill junkie like Desperado would love to have a chance to shoot at plenety of superhumans. In SHELL he seemedpretty bored with just killing normal cops.
ah, but see? with these two groups after him, he can fight all the super creeps he wants, and then some!  and the less people he works with, that's the less glory that he has to share with others.
i could see him getting a kick out've these groups fighting eachother for him and then on top of it, they have to probably fight him as well. one man can just cause so much damage! XD

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Esc- i was wondering about that too actually. to have some kind of uniform look some how, since it IS a government organization. and you're right! it'd be a very cool contrast to HA, and we absolutely need contrast in there. maybe we can strike upsomething. i can see a sort of swat vest with R.I.S.E. stmaped on the back of it. but then again, that could be too concealing for some character's costumes. have you got any ideas?

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

Well, since most (or all) of the characters already have their own costumes, I imagine that the main part of these costumes would be intact, but they'd be a bit more themed. The colors would be aligned with each other- yet seperate enough that each has their own submotif.
Example: Riotmonger wears his riot gear armor. His normal riot gear armor is all black with a white visor. If the motif used for R.I.S.E. were Black and Gray, perhaps his armor would have a more gray-toned inside-facing side while his outward facing sides remain black. (So like, his chest, forearms, lower torso and legs that face forward would have gray armor, while the rest would be black). Alternatively, we could use multiple shades of black with his helm having gray stripes.
Ideally the things that R.I.S.E. would add would be practical things- bulletproof vests, body armor, that sort of thing. It'd be up to the characters' creators to spin it how they'd like, but the idea is that the team would, while still remaining somewhat unique, 'match' somewhat. We'd still see how their former costumes used to look in part, while seeing a more efficient look as well.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hm….i like that color scheme idea! maybe we can play around with that. im keeping in mind though, that Archangel's supposed to have a new costume i think, and i wouldnt want to mess with that design scheme.also, it might embelish him as the leader of the group more if we use his sort of color palet! so if we're going to go this route, maybe it's around whatever his new scheme is gonna be. also we oughta get everyon oneboard who's characters we're going to use. 
another route is just to have them wear a "R.I.S.E badge" somewhere visable. almost like a patch or a sheriff's badge of sorts.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I really like where this is going… great posts here. My plan is for Archangel and Alicia to have matching costumes. These will most likely be dominated by red and black, but I'm still experimenting. I'll try to have some pics up soon.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
I really like where this is going… great posts here. My plan is for Archangel and Alicia to have matching costumes. These will most likely be dominated by red and black, but I'm still experimenting. I'll try to have some pics up soon.

oh nice! red and black…such foreboding colors. i think that could be great for R.I.S.E. !

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

I'll get to work for a red/black Riotmonger set. This is really exciting. Who knows, this might end up spinning off or… maybe be a returning thing?

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i also couldnt resist playin around with Bones' get up and ended up with this!
gotta say, likin it!

and yeah! who knows where this'll lead!

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Badges are a bad idea if this is to be black ops. Think Subtle and militray aimed. Try looking at irl Militray uniforms and seeing how they woudl apdat to each superpower.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

well that depends. do we WANT this to be black ops? i for the most part was thinking it'd have some degree of being covert, but not more than say for instance military personal and you can CERTAINLY recognize them when they're in uniform, which is why i was toying around with the idea of a badge, since it's sounding like aside from a color scheme, there wont actually be a working uniform for this. 

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

Maybe an insignia on the shoulder or something? Or in various places, depending on the person's personality? Could be something that'd make for an other unifying motif. Ideally we're looking at various level of covert-ops style gear from what I can tell. It'll still be varied, but since the colors and general idea is mostly the same, it'll fit.
That's what I'm thinking anyway. I'm thinking I want Riotmonger in a bit more of a stepped-up version of his armor- and possibly at the end of the story, when deciding to stick with the team, changing his hero name from Riotmonger to Riotbreaker. Possibly. Was a thought.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

oooh, now we need an insignia! >:D i was gonna suggest maybe some kind of red pointy R but then it'll just get confused for Robin all the time,hahaha! so…if anyone's got any ideas? i say keep it pretty simple,right?
and sounds like Riotmonger'll be goin through some exposing stuff!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

actually…that's not a bad idea. as a basis i mean. throwing together a little something. tell me what you guys think. just a sec.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

how about something like this?

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

I could get behind that. Perhaps said insignia would not be something that would be a button or badge- but rather a tattoo, a decal, or even a removeable patch. Something tells me these at least at first, some of these guys/gals aren't gonna be too keen on their teammates.
I sure know Riotmonger/breaker isn't, at least in the beginning. The guy has enemies in capes. He's not really prone to trusting very many people at the moment.
Speaking of, I'm working on that revamped armor set, but it's slowed down by my college stuff…. aaaand that I was working on a new costume design for yet another Dueling Heroes character. xD I'm still on the fence if I want to have her in HA, as it may lead to spoilers.
EDIT: Riotmonger art design up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Perhaps alter the negative space a bit to imply a letter r to the viewers eye? 

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

how so? im not quite sure how it could be done and have it not get over muddled or unlegable. maybe you have a way to do it though? can ya mock something up, jim?
and…it's an intersting concept as a tattoo. maybe RISE uses it as a sort of way, not so much to advertise RISE, though it could be that, but to mark where these guys are. like maybe it not only labels someone as RISE as a brand, but also has some kind of tracking fluid injected under the skin? almost the Snake Pliskin sorta thing.hahaha! 

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

What about a red arrow with a black R in the background? With no actual background? Would work great as a decal or a tattoo. Also, yeah- could be a serum that puts in nannites for a say…shock remote? Something to keep them in line.

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Subdermal nanite based tracker/id/ shock colar devices. Very Cyberpunk. I imagine they woudl allow them to me marked and handled withotu being to publci while at the same time being a way to pump in supersedatives if anyone goes off teh deep end. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.