Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

oh yeah, i like it!! im still a bit washey on incorporating the R in the insignia, but if anyone could pull it off i'd love to take a look. but i like how this concept's come along! i was looking for a way they'd be able to keep tabs on these guys. no way do you just 'trust" the better nature of such a group. :D and it's also a gateway to show how extreme that organizers of this agency could be. (strokes chin evilly)

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Here's my suggestion for a logo:

I went with the proposed arrow, but turned it into the "R" initial. The rest should look a bit aggressive, rugged, sharp, claw-like. The second arrow constituting the R can be read as intervention, getting back on the right track, something like that. And the "R" can be separately used as an insignia on the suits.

Hope you dig!

Posted at

I Like, I'm going to work on a rise color scheme for Militia and Gemini :D

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Here's my suggestion for Militia - I changed a few details from MrHades' great rendition, and subdued the color scheme a bit to fit it in with the RISE uniforms. Still, I think it's nice to have a bit of dark red and blue on his suit.

Posted at

Here is my outfit design for Gemini, I kinda wanted to give him a bit more of a professional  look to his uniform, so I went with a doctor look, but I added those straitjacket buckles to still show that he's still mentally disturbed. Still trying to figure out if he needs powers or not, any thoughts?

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

Loving the logo concepts! :3
Sux, I think that Gemini with some powers could be REALLY REALLY wicked. Since he seems to have a theme of discord, perhaps his power could be something subtle, yet horrifyingly dangerous. Perhaps something along the lines of building discomfort and paranoia in his targets or as an aura? Or perhaps he manipulates people's shadows- or can create discomfort in the subconscious rather than the conscious? I feel that a subtle power would make him all the scarier.
In the case of Riotmonger/breaker, he has a fairly weak power but uses it to amazing efficiency- he can bend light- and uses it to make it appear a couple feet away. Something that might not necessarily win a battle- but can do a lot of good.

Posted at

Escutcheon wrote:
Sux, I think that Gemini with some powers could be REALLY REALLY wicked. Since he seems to have a theme of discord, perhaps his power could be something subtle, yet horrifyingly dangerous. Perhaps something along the lines of building discomfort and paranoia in his targets or as an aura? Or perhaps he manipulates people's shadows- or can create discomfort in the subconscious rather than the conscious? I feel that a subtle power would make him all the scarier.
In the case of Riotmonger/breaker, he has a fairly weak power but uses it to amazing efficiency- he can bend light- and uses it to make it appear a couple feet away. Something that might not necessarily win a battle- but can do a lot of good.

hmmm I kinda like the discomfort part, he is a psychologist, so why not be able to use that expertise in battle, especially if it means that he can bring out the "ugly" side of them and have them fight either in a literal sense, or perhaps it is like being in a dream, where they are fighting them within their own mind….could be interesting.

Anyone have an idea or such about that? it could really show off both his powers and his own instability, since he says "We" and "Us" when he refers to himself, and often switches between the sad and mournful side to the angrily and insanely happy side.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

sux wrote:
Escutcheon wrote:

hmmm I kinda like the discomfort part, he is a psychologist, so why not be able to use that expertise in battle, especially if it means that he can bring out the "ugly" side of them and have them fight either in a literal sense, or perhaps it is like being in a dream, where they are fighting them within their own mind….could be interesting.

Anyone have an idea or such about that? it could really show off both his powers and his own instability, since he says "We" and "Us" when he refers to himself, and often switches between the sad and mournful side to the angrily and insanely happy side.

You know, i really like where you and Escutcheon are going with this! What if his powers to cause discomfort and discontent werent necissarily anything that could be turned "on or off" but were actually more constant? for instance, just standing too close to him, no matter who or what you are, could cause that person's resolve to become progrssively more shaken the closer they were to him, or the longer they remained in his presence. if so, i could really see him as a "last resort" type character R.I.S.E. would use to fight evil since his effects could become so horribly devistating for all involved. Like maybe he actually needs to be keeped locked away whenever he's not in use, or secluded and ONLY when it's completely necissary will they let him out…could pose for some fun problems down the road too. >:D whatta ya think?

Posted at

That could seriously work, it also doesn't help that he has split personality, so that in itself makes him a danger to others around him, magnify that by the constant emanation of discomfort and discontent from his being and he's a very "last resort/doomsday" sort of weapon.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Decided to do a concept sketch for Shadow Fox before the Wrath of the Zombie Queen issue.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Very rough version I whipped up of Target in her RISE costume.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Love it!! If I'm not being to ambitious ATM, I might try a group shot of some of the members soon.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

PIT_FACE wrote:
Love it!! If I'm not being to ambitious ATM, I might try a group shot of some of the members soon.
Awesome!

Posted at

Everyone is looking really awesome in their RISE uniforms.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.