Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

My art tends to be uneven and takes me quite a long time (a week or two to produce a page).

If that's not a problem, I'd love to supply the art for one of the less complex pages.  Maybe two with enough lead time.

I've posted a page of comic at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Tales_of_the_Unpredictable_Chaos/ as one of the better examples of my artwork.

Thanks. :)

P.S. I'm happy to do colouring as always, but it'll take me longer than usual if I'm doing art as well.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

irrevenant: Thanks, added you to the list! I probably won't be able to color some of my own pages - it would be great if you could color some!

Posted at

I'm fairly new to this, but I'd love to dedicate a page (2 if necessary) of linework.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Huh.  I would have thought the codenames would have been reversed.  Archangel is angelic-themed, which tends to be hopeful, which is more like a beginning.  Fury is more devil-like, very destructive, which would work as an ending.  But I'm quite sure there's a reason you chose those names.

Of course, I also look at Fury and realize I may have to draw her in her monster form.  Hoo boy, that will be an interesting challenge.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I'm looking forward to this issue. Zombies are cool and I love the Fury and Archangel.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

shastab24 wrote:
Huh.  I would have thought the codenames would have been reversed.  Archangel is angelic-themed, which tends to be hopeful, which is more like a beginning.  Fury is more devil-like, very destructive, which would work as an ending.  But I'm quite sure there's a reason you chose those names.

Of course, I also look at Fury and realize I may have to draw her in her monster form.  Hoo boy, that will be an interesting challenge.
These are accurate observations; and yes, I do have a reason :) If you look at Archangel's previous costume, you'll see he's also had the "omega" symbol on his chest. One idea is that Archangel is actually more unhinged than Fury, even if his angelic symbolism and her demonic appearance suggest otherwise - his powers are, potentially, far more destructive, and he hasn't had the moderating upbringing Alicia had, which essentially keep her powers in check.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I've also thought of how Fury is a lot like the Hulk, and Sparkle has Hulk-like powers.  It would be interesting to see how they might interact with each other one day.  But that's a story for another issue, I'd think.  I don't think my characters are showing up in this one.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Actually, Fury seems to be more like Prime (from the Ultraverse) in that her 'demonic' form is a protective shell that forms around her normal body, rather than a physical transformation like the Hulk.  It makes one wonder if that is in fact the only form she can manifest, or just the one that manifests because she has been taught that her powers are evil and to be feared.  I'm sure the people scripting HA #9 have taken that into account. ;)

shastab24 wrote:
I've also thought of how Fury is a lot like the Hulk, and Sparkle has Hulk-like powers.  It would be interesting to see how they might interact with each other one day.  But that's a story for another issue, I'd think.  I don't think my characters are showing up in this one.

Posted at

I can lineart two pages if anyone wants to color them.

Posted at

I was just drawing stuff… Concept spinoff from Zombie Queen ref on Villains thread.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

Fuku, at first I was unsure of your Zombie Queen design, but then you posted a coloured version and now I say "yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"
You see, I wanted her to have dark gray skin becuase she was dark skinned before she died.
I also didn't plan on her having a scar on her face, but I think we should definately keep it. Might be a good story behind it.

Posted at

Scar is optional. The hero machine ref and sux's interpretation (villains thread, page 2) had the scar/tatoo too so that's why it's there on mine. I can remove it if you'd like. I also wasn't sure how zombie-ish she should look (i.e. exposed muscle tissue or other zombie/dry-cackled skin texture, but the latter is dependent on each artist's coloring skills)

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Very rough sketch I whipped up in under an hour earlier for Target. This is her RISE costume, I stuck with the red but tried to keep her general look the same. She's got a big opportunity to be a bad-ass. I like this character.

Posted at

Everything is looking pretty good. I think I can contribute a page at least, since I have some time before college starts up again. Thankfully it's my last Semester as an undergrad.

Posted at

Uh, hi, long time no see. As I've been absent from these forums for a while I felt necessary to reassure that I'd still like to contribute some art for this issue. So far the only reference to my art style is Heroes Alliance's Christmas Party 2012 page, I had a page drawn for the ninja issue but unfortunately there was some error when it was sent through e-mail (since then I've learned to use Dropbox more efficently). So if there's still a page left I'd like to give it a try.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I'm still good to draw and colour a couple of pages. 

It currently takes me a little over a week to create an entire page from scratch so I'll need to see the script a few weeks+ before my pages are due.  Being assigned nonconsecutive pages would be great if possible, too. 

I'm honoured to be able to contribute actual art to an issue and I want to avoid holding anything up due to my drawing speed.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm still good to draw pages.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.