Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Thanks, everyone! Pages are just about to be assigned. I'll send the script around in the next few days.

Organizing everything via dropbox has worked well for HA #8, so I'd like to use it again for HA #9. So, I'll send around invites to all artists, and to do this, I'll need your e-mail-adresses (it would probably be best if you send me them via PQ). Everyone who doesn't like to use dropbox can still just send me their pages via e-mail or link them in a PQ.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I can pick up two of your pages if you need.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I signed up to provide a couple of pages of art as well as colouring this time around and I notice the slots are almost all gone! :O

Will there be room? I'm very much looking forward to it. 

PS. Forget that thing I said about wanting "less complex" pages to do: I'm happy to draw anything - complex might just take a little longer. :D

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I just managed to fill up all slots!

irrevenant, I gave you two complete pages and the colors for fukujinzuke's. ironhand might need a colorist, and it would also be great if you could do colors for some of my pages, preferrably my first three.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Thanks. :) And apologies for the minor panic attack there. O_o 
I'm happy to provide colouring where needed, including those first three pages. I hope I do everyone's work a reasonable amount of justice - that's a ton of artistic talent right there! 

Abt_Nihil wrote:
I just managed to fill up all slots!

irrevenant, I gave you two complete pages and the colors for fukujinzuke's. ironhand might need a colorist, and it would also be great if you could do colors for some of my pages, preferrably my first three.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I've added a "required references and information" text file to the Dropbox folder so we have somewhere to address questions and discussion that is potentially too spoilery for the forum. 

And yes I did have a couple of questions, why do you ask? :P

Posted at

Oh no, I didn't make the cut! Just like in high school…hahah.
I'm still around and willing to contribute any way I can. Whether it be fillers/fan art or as a stand in for any line work (on the off chance someone has to step down).

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I'm not quite as big on the Dropbox idea–in part because I want to have my pages be basically the only ones I see until pages go live.  That way I can follow the story more like a regular reader.  But I do want references.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Yeah, I can understand that.

You don't have to look at other people's pages to use Dropbox, though.  You can drag-and-drop your pages into the folder without ever opening it.  If you ever do need to open it (to make changes or something) you can set the folder view to "Details" or "List" view so you don't see anything except the filenames (though I find it nigh-impossible to make out the details at any setting less than "Extra Large Icons" anyway). 

What would also be handy would be if each comic page was one script page.  That would make it a lot easier to navigate so you could go straight to your bit if you wanted to without worrying about spoilers…

shastab24 wrote:
I'm not quite as big on the Dropbox idea–in part because I want to have my pages be basically the only ones I see until pages go live.  That way I can follow the story more like a regular reader.  But I do want references.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

AT first I was not going to do this issue, but I later changed my mind. I love working with your all. I will be doing 2 pages in act 2. I have not yet seen the script yet, but I'm sure it will be awesome as with all of the HA stories. thank you for the invite.
this time I'm going to take my time and try to put my best foot forward on those 2 pages. I plan on putting more color into it. and more details to my line art.
PS. i'm going to try and finish my poster for HA#8, (or#9), for fillers of that issue.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

irrevenant: Yep, that works very well, I think!

UncreativeName: Ah, sorry - of course it would be great to have you do a page as well. I may still make minor changes to the page assignments, as there are also still a few changes made to the script.

Nepath: Thanks for the offer! I'll get back to you if we need more artists.

cdmalcolm1: Thanks a lot, your pages so far have been great and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

D'oh, I was just about to start on my two! xD  

P.S. If you're redoing the script anyway is it possible to change it to one script page = one comics page?  That would be awesome.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

The main adjustments are being made to Act 3. As far as I'm aware, I think Act 1+2 are still greelit.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Oh cool.  If you are able to confirm that's the case, is it possible to get at least the script for Act 1 (and maybe 2) back in the interim so we can get started on it?  (Why yes, I *am* stressing a little about my first HA pages ever, why do you ask? >_>)

EDIT: Parts 1 and 2 are back up now. Y'all are absolute legends! :D

ironhand wrote:
The main adjustments are being made to Act 3. As far as I'm aware, I think Act 1+2 are still greelit.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I dont mind if a colorist wants to color my pages. If anyone's up for it!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

irrevenant wrote:
I'd love to provide colours if that's cool? 
PIT_FACE wrote:
I dont mind if a colorist wants to color my pages. If anyone's up for it!

Absolutely! thanks alot! I'll get em to ya pretty soon.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I'll likely start drawing pages tonight.  Actually, I was going to do it last night, but I didn't have quite as much time as I might have needed.

And I do plan on coloring my pages, but if somebody wants to color mine, I'm not averse.  Saves time for me if that's the case.  But if I start tonight, the first page of mine, at least, should be done tomorrow (I usually do pencils at night, inks when I get up and then colors and letters when I'm at a place I can get online, which is not at home).

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Double-post to say that page 9 of act 1 is sent off to Abt.  I should note: I colored the zombie skin a purplish pink and their eyes purple because I wanted to keep correlation with Zombie Queen's energy color from her reference picture.

It was also interesting to draw zombies.  I eventually looked at an issue of Comic Heroes I have that spotlights the Walking Dead (comic and show) in order to get some zombie visual inspiration.

On a note here: it's interesting when I think of the fact that "zombie" is a correct term here, despite it not often actually being used right.  A "zombie" is a creature controlled by another.  "Revenent" is the term for reanimated corpses.  Most "zombie" movies are just about revenents, though this instance has revenents that are zombies.  Fun linguistics.

Posted at

Sorry, I need to drop from my two pages. Can anyone cover?

Posted at

fukujinzuke wrote:
Sorry, I need to drop from my two pages. Can anyone cover?

I'm up for covering you. I see irrevenant will be doing the colors, which is great since I'm more of just a line art guy.

I guess I'd just need access to the script and I should be able to sort the rest out. If you want, you can PQ me or shoot me an email here: easycheesymac@gmail.com

Just let me know what's up :)

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

(a) I'm sorry I won't get to colour Fuku's stuff, and (b) it's great to see you made it into this issue after all, UncreativeName. :)  I checked out your comic "The Steed" a little while back and you have a great style.

I'm happy to do your colours.

I managed to get more done on the weekend than I anticipated (thank you again, BTW, for getting that script back up so quickly - that helped tons) so I should have my first page done fairly soon. \o/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.