Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Well, let me axe this to the candidates:  any one confident enough to want to share their role?  

oh hahahHAAAHa

I digress.  I can't vote for Kroatz.  I never understand what he's saying. 

and same. same always seems to want to kill me. and sometimes he succeeds, too. >:P

so that leaves TFGM and Product. Actually, TFGM wasn't too bad in the last game … but then when was the last time Product played mayor?

I dunno. I'd run myself except I'm too preoccuppied getting artists for the radio play comic (hint hint, nudge nudge – except for BFFSatan, gullas, Kroatz, rokulily – hey, not a bad showing, really. Anyone else from the Mafia group?)

oops. digressing again

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:

I digress.  I can't vote for Kroatz.  I never understand what he's saying.
That's not a very nice thing to say… I'm hurt.

Wounded even.

If you vote for me I'll turn my five-page final page into a six-page final page. 

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

o_O

Radio Play Comic bribery!  I don't know who I'm going to vote for, Kroatz, but this is a brilliant brilliant idea of yours. It's got brilliancy.

Product?  TFGM?  same?  will you do a radio play comic page????????????

Posted at

same wrote:

Kroatz wrote:

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Come on Same and Ayesinback, you two should definitely vote for me!

Same isn't going to win anyways, just like I normally wouldn't because it's always the same people that win. And Ayesinback has the most to gain from seeing me in office!

I wish Harkovast was here. 

Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
it's always the same people that win

Seriously, I don't run that often.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

@PP, you can't beat a good axe…

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Well, Mr.Placement. That's a pretty bold statement from the permanent pardoner…

If there is any hope for the mafia game, there needs to be a change in the way people play it. Time and again new players joined, only to never reappear again. Because of the inner circle, the people that always play the game, it becomes pretty hard for an outsider to really feel like a part of the game.

I'm not a Mafia virgin, but I am a relative outsider. I'd like to be elected, because i think it might make the game more interesting if there was even a slight glimmer of hope for new people. We shouldn't be making the same choices every game, because that will eventually end up killing the game. Again.

And maybe this time it won't crawl back up again. 

Posted at

@Ayesinback: I don't know what this radio show thing is. If you tell me more and promise me your vote I may do it since I will have free time after I grad this Saturday.
That is actually pretty true I think I joined on the 5th game and I felt like a total outsider. The
circles were already there. That is how I got my long standing hate for Crocty and love for people that have unfortunatly left DD.

Kroatz wrote:
Time and again new players joined, only to never reappear again. Because of the inner circle, the people that always play the game, it becomes pretty hard for an outsider to really feel like a part of the game. n.

Posted at

Kroatz wrote:

… wait… The permanent… THAT'S MONKEY'S TITLE! Seriously!

You wanna know what I just did? I just went and visited every single mafia game, on this forum. Do you wanna know how many times I've been in office? 5! Five fricking times, I've been either the mayor or the pardoner, over the course of 50 frigging games (where I've probably played close to 40 of them (missed the first 3 and I've actually ran quite allot of them)). Edit: Last game was nr 35: Babes boose and Bullets. I also don't run for office as nearly as often as many other people do.

Should I compare myself to monkey? He's probably been in office almost 50% of the games, where applicable; he runs in almost every single game, not counting the variant games where there was no election.

I was a huge contributor to the games. I helped design allot of the structure and rules that we use as default. I've often revisited the vanilla core rules and fiddled with them, to get rid of exploits that were getting out of hand and rebalance the game. And if there's one election that I may be guilty of running and winning multiple times over, it was the GM election. Hence the reason why the title I was granted was "The Game Master".

So while I don't mind participating in some election banter, I RESENT unfounded accusations that I'm a determent to the game.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Product Placement wrote:

You wanna know what I just did? I just went and visited every single mafia game, on this forum. Do you wanna know how many times I've been in office? 5! Five fricking times, I've been either the mayor or the pardoner, over the course of 50 frigging games (where I've probably played close to 40 of them (missed the first 3 and I've actually ran quite allot of them)). I also don't run for office as nearly as often as many other people do.

Should I compare myself to monkey? He's probably been in office almost 50% of the games, where applicable; he runs in almost every single game, not counting the variant games where there was no election.

I was a huge contributor to the games. I helped design allot of the structure and rules that we use as default. I've often revisited the vanilla core rules and fiddled with them, to get rid of exploits that were getting out of hand and rebalance the game. And if there's one election that I may be guilty of running and winning multiple times over, it was the GM election. Hence the reason why the title I was granted was "The Game Master".
So while I don't mind participating in some election banter, I RESENT unfounded accusations that I'm a determent to the game.
You're right. I should have been more careful choosing a target for my angry rant. Like you I would like this game to become more popular again. My point wasn't just about the people running for mayor, or pardoner though. It's the same with the people running the games. Of course, the last two years there wasn't an overabundance of people playing, or running for GM, but it is quite hard to get into the game.

In any case, sorry for the low blow. It was meant with the best of intentions. You HAVE been a great influence for the game. and you HAVE always tried to do what was best for the game. I'll try to do the same. 

Posted at

It is the Fourever Pardoner actually. Becuase my first four games I became the Pardoner. I highly doubt being in office 50% of the games but I'll have to check out the numbers later. I probably have ran for office 95% of the time and the reason why I always run is because I am almost always a townie((I'll crunch some numbers later to find percentage)) What can you do? Vote and find clues? NO ONE LISTENS to me when I point out clues. They are swayed by the fast talkers like Product, Crocty, Salsa. I rather have the two votes, bodyguards, the off chance people with roles contact you, and double lynch abiltiy. 

Product Placement wrote:
Kroatz wrote:

You wanna know what I just did? I just went and visited every single mafia game, on this forum. Do you wanna know how many times I've been in office? 5! Five fricking times, I've been either the mayor or the pardoner, over the course of 50 frigging games (where I've probably played close to 40 of them (missed the first 3 and I've actually ran quite allot of them)). Edit: Last game was nr 35: Babes boose and Bullets. I also don't run for office as nearly as often as many other people do.

Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
sorry for the low blow.

Hmh. Well, it's pretty clear cut that we lost allot of people when the duck sobered up. Harkovast, for example, left because he got sick of the problems that were affecting his comic. We've lost allot of good comic makers, for these exact same reasons. Fewer artists = fewer readers to visit the site = less of a reason for new people to sign up their comics here = next to no growth.

The forum is also still in a very inconvenient state, which makes running these games even harder. I mean, it's not like the forum section is currently buzzing with activity in general, so getting new players to pop up is gonna be a challenge, regardless of how fair and nice we try to keep things.

I hate to see the place like this, since I've got good memories from here, not to mention owing it credit for getting me in touch with my significant other. But wowio needs to step up their game, if they want things to get better. In all honesty, I have no idea why the heck they don't do that. Seriously, it can't be good for their business to maintain the site in such a piss poor condition.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote:
It is the Fourever Pardoner actually.

Come to think about it, I think it was the Everlasting Pardoner.

Posted at

TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote:
fast talkers like Product…

Oh, you're just jealous of my Axe.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I think it's the Hissy-Fit red cape.

When do the votes have to be in?  No posts yet from four players.

Without them, I feel a heavy burden.  So, uh, in case there's a poor loser,  I'd appreciate some coverage from the medic tonight.  :D

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i run to save myself
or medic me
time is short
s.o.s.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hey.

I've got first dibs on medic, as much as we're all friends and all

Posted at

Time is short to change your vote, so come on down and fill that ballet folks!

Posted at

and by short, I mean an hour and ten minutes short, not most o you mafia players short. Although a lot of you are very very… short 

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i ask of you all, do not vote for the man with an axe named forgiveness. for that is exactly what you'll get
take heed town
take heeeeed

Posted at

rokulily wrote:
i ask of you all, do not vote for the man with an axe named forgiveness. for that is exactly what you'll get

Seriously? How has the axe wronged you so?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

rokulily wrote:
i run to save myself
or medic me
time is short
s.o.s.

Confused. Is the tally a little behind a change of heart?

Or is vote for Roku a vote for Kroatz?

Posted at

Roku's cries for help are because she discovered the true, sinister, purpose behind aglets.
In a completely unrelated to aglets topic (do not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES remove the aglets from your shoes) twenty minutes till the deadline, at time of writting Product has a nice lead going, with Rukulily now swinging on by the first to second rule

Posted at

So, in an election more back and forth than one of those play ground animals on a giant spring (love those things) mud was flung at terminal velocity and people said some pretty mean things. Now, I might just be the disembodied voice of an alcoholic character, but if you ask me boys and girls, this was the most crazy election ever. Well ok, I can't back that up, but hey it was still fun to watch! In any case, much as you can't trust the word of an add exec, Product swept the elections like his axe through his many enemies (some of whome I knew and now join me in what ever dimention Mafia DMs and NPCs may call hell!), and like in all politics behind every leader is a good woman. Yes, even when the great leader was a woman there was another behind her. They're called friends, you perv. Christ. Huh? Oh yes, Rokulily collected up the neat roll of pardonner. And so sets the sun on another day in Townston. Who know what will happen in night 1? Certainly not me, I mean, why do you think I would know, or even tell you for that matter?!
TL;DR
[spoiler] Product Placement is mayor, and Rokulily is Pardonner. Also the axe is very upset about all of this[/spoiler]
Now, murderers (you know who you are) get stabbing!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.