Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I vote on proceeding where we stopped (if this gets the majority of votes, we should have a second voting on how the power reset will be like).

I also vote that Ink must not waive his vote.

Posted at

I…am not sure what to vote on. on one hand there are potential new stories to be added(especially if we have added people) on the other I want to reboot and improve what we already have (not to mention the extra stories we can mix into what we would already have and give every new person that plans on joining a proper understanding of what Zot is, time to devlope over the course to any newcomers that this piques the interest of.) it really is a tough call…

ok I've decided. I will vote for a reboot/retelling. (however, after much thinking I am just as ok with the continutaion of what we have should it get the majority.)

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

great cause i have alot of ideas flowing and ready to pour out

Ink_wolf
Ink_wolf
Posted at

(My laptop decided to die recently, so expect unseen levels of poor spelling untill I can commendeer a computer toedit this with.  I bless my smartphone for volenteering to transcribe this draft but the poor thing has no spell-check.)
for my vote I abstain…damnit Snow!
I will add reasons later, but for now I will simply say start something new.  start at the beginining all over again but do not try to tell the same story all over again.  call it a parellel dimension or a what if or whatever you want:  I want to see what else could have happened.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

a parralel universe…i like how you think Ink

Posted at

That's not too bad of an idea… Some events would be simmilar others diffrent. Such as what would happen if Pico and Snow were left in charge for a day(or at least won them a wager that alowed them to do so)?  What if Ink actually would have said yes to becoming a member of Zot? What if Snow Picked someone else other than Pico to help fight for his life in the house of Death? What would have happened if Torvek and Shadowblade actually got to have that final showdown and Ink was late upon revival? What if Claire's soul was cleansed upon being revived and she recieved something else instead? lot of questions right there. Plus at the same time we can keep the main story around and whenever are in the mood can add to that and see how things turn out there. Not to mention if we get others to join us we can have so much more happen.

Posted at

Seems like I'm fighting a loosing battle here (to hell with you, Ink). Alright, fine. Start all anew… You do know you're single handedly crushing all my plans right now? … *sigh* What "What if"-scenarios and alternative decisions are there for a character that doesn't go out of his way? Yeah, I know what you want to tell me right now. "Stop complaining and do it." I'll try.

Just lemme try to assemble the time to work up three proper character descriptions. After (or meanwhile) we should take the time and review the things we agreed to change for the better.

Posted at

Actually, I was going to say there is no law saying we can't do both. that way all ideas can come to flourish. I apologise if it seems we're ganging up on you as I have no doubt that you can fix some of the holes and help keep the inspitration flowing. However, there are some things that I'm sure all of us have in the back of our head that we want to see diffrently, as much as what we have planed for the future. How about we compromise? we take a few months at a time and alternate back and forth between this reboot and the main story. that way we don't drive ourselves into a hole just writing for one thing and forcing some to take a break while others make up some crazy filler plot. That way everyone can get something out of it. sound good?

As for the next suggestion sure we can review things. and take all the time you need with the characters descriptions.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

every couple of months? to easy

Posted at

Well I know for a certain I won't do two versions of the same RP at once. Yes, I know it's technically not at once as it's moreso one after another, but still. All it does is help complicate things even more. And honestly, I don't see any other way to take the "middle road". I was looking forward to some pre-parental tension, complications during pregnancy/birth and learning how to make the Nachzehrer at least slightly more useful, but whatever. At this point I am just agreeing on a new start just so we can leave this discussion behind now. Seriously, the more we delve into this discussion, the less sense everything makes and the more confusing it gets. Or maybe I just like to complain when I'm tired. You can tell by the number of just's in the sentences. Bad language skills and sleep deprivation don't mix well… I don't even know why I'm still typing. It's probably the best if you just ignore this entire post.

Posted at

Well alright…but if you ever want to change your mind on that matter the offer is still on the table. besides who says we can't add that to the reboot? It would really spice things up to have that happen eariler in the story during a tense time.

Anyway, onto the next matter at hand things we're agreeing to change or at least tweak slightly:
_____
-more time between posts
-try not to let the hour of day affect the story
-keep the erotic parts, just turn the dial back from a 15 to an 8 or 9 when making them(no need for a full on description)
-add some form of details/ info to the characters.
-don't godmod 
_______
anyone can add if I'm forgetting anything.
and now I'm having swings between what I'm feeling to do. I thought the main story was going to take place a year after but after reading the latest comment I want to put what you have to good use.*sigh* My mind is a mess when it comes to decision making. and really I'm too happy with what we have now. I'd like to take a moment and see if my heart's going to be in this decision and if im happy with it.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

goddamnit shadowblade dont procrasanate now…i wanna write

Posted at

ok he's what I've decided. I've put a lot of thought into this and after much concideration…I've decided to veto the reboot and stick with what we have now. There are ways and ideas that can balance things out. one of them I want to be the Divine court another being Damion. who knows ther might actually be some conflict in the heavens showing a potential uprising. plus I can't see giving up and restarting Snow and Val's marrige(especially with a kid on the way). nor Pico's and Mia's. So the question is how do we work balancing everything out with out saying the "wizards from the heavans did it" or at least by having them do it directly?

Also I'm sorry for procastinating its just my mentality of what I think is right and wrong bounces more than a bouncy ball on crack.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

how about this Damion comes across a powerful jewel and plans to use it to drain Picos powers but during a fight Pico breaks the crystal causeing a shockwave so powerful it hit zot and everyone that was powerful became….well level1 i guess

Posted at

not a bad Idea, but let's add to it. now, what if damion was chosen to raise some hell by the Divine court. he is granted additional power and attacks the city. Zot goes to stop him and Damion loses control becoming a full damon they defeat him but at a heavy cost. Shadowblade is missing and those that went to fight have been weakened dramaticly. That way we can say Zot still has power but is no longer at the levels it once stood at.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

great now we are going somwhere.

Posted at

The crystal idea sounds sickeningly random and the exhausting fight idea doesn't cover the required range of characters in a sufficient way. Also, it has a thought mistake. Doc could easily heal all wounds and exhaustion. And this is where I'm getting to the actual core of the problem. Why now? Well, because I simply forgot to mention it earlier. The actual problem with our overpoweredness is that nothing is permanent. Wounds don't last, illnesses known to bring mankind to its knees can be healed with outright arrogant ease. Hell, not even death lasts. Claire's revival was already way too easy for my tastes. When we go with weakening the cast, it must come along with all healers, most especially Doc, losing almost all their power too, and near entirely destroyed archives; that means the copy of the copy of the copy must be irreversibly devastated, and of the copy of that there is only 30% still readable, if at all. 

Posted at

You do have concerning points however, there are solutions.
Just because Doc is on a differnt wave legenth doesn't mean he can fix everything*snap* like that. there's a simple solution many of the things you just suggested.

We'll simply say its something Doc can't fix without risking the person's being and harming them only able to restore their Stamina(like usual) and its up to them to get themselves back where they were. As for still powerful staff, we can say that due to Damion's defeat strange things are happening in various areas of the world and Zot has been dispatched to control the situation, however they are having trouble despite their experience needing re-enforcements making the majority of healers enter the field to the battle field for who knows how long. leaving only the moderate caster and those still learning at the tower. As for the magical archives we can easily say a majority was stolen during a temporary blackout by an unknown being (likely a bigger baddy we'll run into over time)caused by damion's defeat and didn't have time to get them all leaving a few basic books on how to cast things and a few moderate tomes before the tower defences reactivated. It was all one big co-ordanated attack on Zot.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

sickenly random? a bit harsh dont you think? im just trying to give ideas no need to shoot them down.

Ink_wolf
Ink_wolf
Posted at

The Crystal idea is cleche, but it is exactly the kind that fits Zot.  i see nothing wrong with it.  I agree with Snow in that the ease at which bodily harm is mended dratrasticly undermines the harm itself.  this is even more obvious in the area mental scaring and death.  
Just to mention another factor: Ink is an entity at this point with sufficent ability to cause many of these changes and is currently doesn't belive that the world is real.  Perhaps he has a hand in all this (but is in no means acting with the heavenly court or damion.)  if we decide to involve him here, please allow me to handle the subtlety of his involvement.

Also, is it intended that Ink be weakened by the event as well?

Posted at

Okay, this is the thirx time I'm trying to get my motherfucking post up. I'm sick and tired of writing it all anew a thousand times.  So I'll just keep it short. Pico, no hard feelings. SB, your solutions are good,  but if we go with a large organized attack, let someone (who is not you) take lone control over the villain.  Reason: it makes that part more interesting and taking lead of both parties in a war never works. 

Posted at

Actually, Ink I was thinking of it being you that pulls me away. the reason? who knows. As for being weakened I do have an idea but it all depends if you wish to go through with it.

and snow, As for the one person playing the fiend who organized this the robbing of Zot and used Damion as a distraction, I will let you decide who gets to play that role. Now which character do you have in mind to pull it off? 

Posted at

… Do I have to? You must understand, my chunks of time as of now are pretty limited and volatile. I feel I could easily work up something but couldn't live up to the commitment that's necessary.

Posted at

Well,if you time is limited I understand. I could always come up with something new, and have  You ,Pico or Ink take the regins of "the theif". I mean if any of you are up for it. along with having the role of Damion's full on Deamon form.

picosux224
picosux224
Posted at

sure i think i can handle that

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.