Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

There was an exception made for Spock to have bagpipes played at his funeral unless he was Spottish (Spock + Scottish).

I have a real weakness for Folk Songs and Ballads. I sang Jean Ritchie's version of "The Unquiet Grave" at my rabbit's passing and I would really like the song "The Parting Glass" or Bob Dylan's "Restless Farewell" sung/played at my own funeral.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Ozoneocean, you are no longer listed in my will.

Your request to be buried in a red hat makes me feel sad. I think of your avatar and it always has been shown wearing a red hat.

Bagpipes are way awesome! There were bagpipes at Spock's funeral in the Wrath of Khan. Yup, Scotty was playing them.
I wear a red hat almost all the time in real life, too.  I think if people saw me in the coffin without it, they would assume they were at the wrong funeral.

I had forgotten that they played bagpipes for Spock.  I wonder why they did that, instead of some kind of Vulcan funeral.  But then, wasn't he only half-vulcan or something?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Hawk wrote:
I had forgotten that they played bagpipes for Spock.  I wonder why they did that, instead of some kind of Vulcan funeral.  But then, wasn't he only half-vulcan or something?
IDIC. Infinite diversity in infinite combinations. Scotty saluted his friend according to his own culture. And James Doohan thought it would be appropriate and something Scotty would do. Then there's Kirk's line   "Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most… [voice breaks] human."
So a human funeral as befitting a Star Fleet officer?. But then ST:III was all about the consequences of ignoring Spock's Vulcan side, wasn't it? You mean the story actually makes sense and progress from one another? Even the Star Trek universe can sometimes be consistent and … logical?

cru
cru
Posted at

When I die I want you all to tie ropes to my arms and legs and work my corpse like a marionette to re-create the important moments in my life. Since there currently are none, if I die tomorrow I want you to dress me up in a revealing two-piece bathing suit and make my corpse dance to Sisqo's Thong Song with plenty of booty wiggle.

elli0tt
elli0tt
Posted at

I don't care because I won't be there.

the_beav
the_beav
Posted at

I want to have a good old fashioned funeral held in the living room. Set the casket up, open the lid, then everyone gathers around to get drunk and take pictures with the corpse. As for the method of death, I'd like to die of fright - maybe a broken heart. So many choices :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.