MARCH MADNESS 2015 : THE DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Dragonaur wrote:

Peipei wrote:
Design #2: Rose Shower
Model: Roxy 
 I was thinking that Peipei's Rose Shower dress is "MMMMaaaahhhvelous!" But I hear heels are right out for KimLuster's Kimber Lee character. So I tried to figure out something that would work with tennis shoes!
http://dragonaur.deviantart.com/art/Kimber-Lee-fashion-519549459
Head over to DA to see what I ended up with.
Dragonaur that is incredible!!  You are so talented…!!!  On Kimber Lee's skin tone - that's just because I sometimes have trouble getting 'skin tone' right with watercolors and when I try to correct it after scanning I mess it up worse.  So any caucasian skintone is fine.  But… This is wonderful - I wouldn't care if you made her skin purple…!!
I'm gonna post it in my Godstrain Extras comic if you don't mind (if you do let me know and I'll remove it).  I guess that's something we all need to establish… is everyone generally okay with others taking and reposting what others have done with their characters (with reason, of course)?

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Thanks all for the kind comments! I really enjoyed working on those designs. Got some more coming up shortly :3!

VinoMas wrote:Peipei - Wow!  So creative.  I would be honored if I could use your red dress that Roxy is wearing and of course I would give you fashion designer credits!
Yes! Please feel free to use my design if you wish. And yes, would love the credit ^^!

Dragonaur
Dragonaur
Posted at

KimLuster wrote:
Dragonaur wrote:
 I was thinking that Peipei's Rose Shower dress is "MMMMaaaahhhvelous!" But I hear heels are right out for KimLuster's Kimber Lee character. So I tried to figure out something that would work with tennis shoes!
http://dragonaur.deviantart.com/art/Kimber-Lee-fashion-519549459
Head over to DA to see what I ended up with.
   Dragonaur that is incredible!!  You are so talented…!!!  On Kimber Lee's skin tone - that's just because I sometimes have trouble getting 'skin tone' right with watercolors and when I try to correct it after scanning I mess it up worse.  So any caucasian skintone is fine.  But… This is wonderful - I wouldn't care if you made her skin purple…!!

I'm gonna post it in my Godstrain Extras comic if you don't mind (if you do let me know and I'll remove it).  I guess that's something we all need to establish… is everyone generally okay with others taking and reposting what others have done with their characters (with reason, of course)?

Sure you can post it up there. Just credit it, which you did.
Well, I tried my best to make her resemble your reference, without having to take to water colors myself! ^_^

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Character Marguerite by Luccia. I tried to color in a way that was similar to the drawing (colored pencil?). 

Design #3: Flower Power
Model: Marguerite

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

It looks great Peipei - for a second I really did think it was all a single drawing!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Oh man, you guys are killing it! I can't wait until I have a bit of spare time to play around with all your characters.

Dragonaur wrote:
Last one for a bit… This is HippieVan's character "Dee." 
http://dragonaur.deviantart.com/art/Dee-fashion-519630003
I love it when a character forms on the paper with minimal erasure! ^_^;

I love it! You captured her crazy hair and everything so perfectly! :D

Posted at

"Tall Tails", a rather risque backless look, modeled by Marguerite from "Techniplex"

Posted at

"Plague Vogue", a biohazard suit for the 22nd century, modeled by Kimber Lee Luster, from "the Godstrain"

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

FC….!!!  Wow!!  Those are just incredible!  And those designs…!  So wonderfully wicked and cool!  Just beautiful!  There aren't enough superlatives in English!!  (gonna grab the Kimber Lee one if you don't mind *rubs hands in anticipation*)

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

Peipei: That is the cutest dress! And with body art =D She is actually a girly character, so it fits her well. Perfect for up coming Easter, too.
fallopiancrusador: Super sexy! That's her favorite sleeve style, too. I'm gonna have to feature that dress in my comic at some point.  I'll credit you for it. May I?
Thank you for choosing Marguerite! She's going to have to give a tour of her closet after these awesome designs.

Posted at

@ KimLuster: Glad you like it! Getting that huge volume of hair into her bubble helmet posed quite a challenge, so I put it out the top. She's got so much length that she didn't even need an extension! I can link to a higher resolution image if you want.
@Luccia: I would love it if you used the dress in your comic. I loosely based it on an existing design. I can't wait to see Marguerite's fashion collection!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
@ KimLuster: Glad you like it! Getting that huge volume of hair into her bubble helmet posed quite a challenge, so I put it out the top. She's got so much length that she didn't even need an extension! I can link to a higher resolution image if you want…
I think the image I copied from here worked very well - thanks again!!  Wow!

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

So great checking in and seeing all the fantastic pieces of artwork and fashion and characterization going on.  It feels like a real love fest and I thank all of you for participating and for the imediate response!  This is a collection I worked on a few months ago with a super hero theme.  This is Saundra from Confession of a Paper Doll!  She is Tanjii's sister from YOUR CHOICE…

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Paper doll submitted for the DD fashion show.

KimLuster and VinoMas have both suggested I use my avatar as a model so here goes:

..And perhaps a more realistic one:

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Wow Vino - I love Superman Saundra!  And plymayer, those new models are so good - even the 'realistic' one lol!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Haha! Nice work Plymayer. I can't decide which one to use!

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Use them all ?  :)

Ironscarf wrote:
Haha! Nice work Plymayer. I can't decide which one to use!

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Nice work to everyone so far :D! Glad you like the doll/outfit Luccia :3! I've been busy with work and things so I haven't been able to check back that often ;s. Here is my next outfit, Japanese street fashion inspired style, using Ironscarf's Kyoko paper Doll. :D

Design #4: Nihongo Style

Model: Kyoko

Posted at

haha, Peipei! We must have been working on Ironscarf's Kyoko paper doll fashion at the exact same time today.

Here is my urban inspired, kimono-chic outfit design for Kyoko from Awfully Decent Fellows ( https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Awfully_Decent_Fellows/ ).

Kyoko Character Design by Ironscarf
( https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/Ironscarf/ )

Fashion Couture Design by kawaiidaigakusei
( https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/kawaiidaigakusei/ )

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Wow you two!  That is some impressive stuff with Kyoko!!  Both so very beautifully done!  I think some of you could've designed fashion - for realz!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.