Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Before i send out the script, i will get together some key references and place them here on the forum for all involved to see. Once i have everything on here i will start to send out PQ's;

References:

HA HQ Marine Lab (pending)

The Conduit & Containment Vessel (pending)

Hyprion (pending)

Titan (pending)

Titan 2022 (pending)

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I realise I'm a little late to this one to apply for a page…but if there isn't one yet, I'd happily do the cover?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Now the big ask…

In the first post i said that this could springboard into a bigger story. Without giving snything away, this short will end with a small group going 'off world' for a bigger mission. As far as the HA is concerned Titan is going to represent them, BUT theres room for one more…

Does anyone want their character to leave with Titan? It will make them a principle character in the following story but continuity wise, takes them off earth until that story happens.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Hm, possibly?  I always want to see others use my characters, but it's not like they're scrambling to use them in Heroes Alliance stories, and it's nice to think somebody would be using one of them.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

@Ironhand:  Sorry - but i can confirm that the front cover is being handled by someone (i will keep it a surprise).
I have given you the last page of the story though - which is a good one which will suit you.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
@Ironhand:  Sorry - but i can confirm that the front cover is being handled by someone (i will keep it a surprise).
I have given you the last page of the story though - which is a good one which will suit you.
No problem at all…looking forward to getting the script and seeing the cover!

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

We haven't seen the Flea for a while.  If he's still in continuity, he might be an interesting inclusion?

I really need to get more characters of my own in play so I can loan them out when cool things like this come along! xO

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Just an update:  I have sent the script pages which feature MindMistress to Alschroeder for him to okay afterwhich I will be ready to start sending out.

As for the character spot available, in the absense of any interest - It will be Exocet.

The idea that i intend to springboard from this is called "Protectors" and will feature a small team of heroes from the HUniverse heading to another realm to deal with a universal threat.

Protectors will also see the return of the blue aliens (The Soulless) from Heroes Unite #1

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

By character slot, do you mean the character going offworld?  Because I know I said it was okay if that happened with Astral.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

@Shasta:  Ah, cool. As your response started with 'possibly' i took that as a 'i will think about it'.

Astral would be great to include, especially as he features in the opening Act.

One hurdle before we confirm is that due to the nature of the 'Protectors' story im planning, it would not work for Astrals physical body to come along as well. Therefore this would only work if it is the Astral Projection that leaves with Titan. In this situation, i guess his physical body would be kept out of harms way at HA HQ?

Is this feasible and okay with you? It does have two good things, 1) it adds a dynamic to Astral by projecting over such a distance. 2) If 'Protectors' is axed before i get it off the ground, Astrals return is easily explained.

On another note, Alscroeder has responded - so once this Astral/Exocet decision is made, i will send out Script and references.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

That sounds great.  Yeah, Astral would probably keep his body at HA HQ.  And with him out of the picture for a spell, I could try to delve into what Sparkle would be doing, as she often stays with him.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

PQ's will start to go out from today - i will list in the first post who has had a PQ sent so you know if you should have received something or not.

References will be dealt with seperately.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Wasn't sure or not if you PQ me on where the script is. I'll check back later about it.

Also, I'm working on the Mr. imp story. I'm might redraw some of the pages again. I didn't like the way it came out.

And I'm going to find out about grabbing a page or two for the main HA comic.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Working on my two pages now :-)

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Annoyingly….my PC has updated to Windows 10 and is not playing ball with either my Cintiq or Photoshop at the moment.

I've downloaded Manga Studio which runs but i've never used it before - plus the Cintiq is still not functioning.

Until i get issues resolved, i am screwed :(
If issue is not resolved promptly…it may be end of my webcomic making.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I updated to Windows 10 the other week.  It caused my computer to overheat a lot, as in like two minutes of it on and it would turn off due to overheating, so I took the downgrade back to 8.1.  Therefore, I know that downgrade is an option (and that I would need a darn good convincing to go back to 10), if that's helpful.  I know I personally would be disappointed to see you fall out of webcomic-making.  You are a great artist, and it's always fun to see that art.

It makes me think how differently I do art, as well, as I do pencil/pen and paper up to lineart before scanning and using GIMP to color and letter.  It's always interesting to think when people don't do any of their art traditionally.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.