Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Comment of the previous posters song and post your own type thread.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The original Bowie version of Unwashed & Somewhat Slightly Dazed is VERY typical of that late '60s style of folky rock pop music, bith in style and lyrics

People always call Boiwe a trendsetter but it's only because he stood out in popularity. Looked at in context the music he produced was always in keeping with the time- though he definitely LOOKED better doing it than anyone else.

The performance is great. I love the sound, especially the harmonica. It's fun and catchy and full of energy. A real gem of a song from his early, more naturalistic period.

The performance by Apes Pigs and Spacemen has a very different feel. Their style gives it a more threatening, dangerous sound, which works. It's nice when people put a different spin on things and it works out. I prefer the original but I don't hate their version.

——————

This is Icehouse with Crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0IQitxZy0
The man has an EPIC mullet. The clip is everything I thought was stylish and sophisticated when I was a little kid XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I have to comment on my OWN song choice… the infamy! :(

Crazy is a great song, the guy who picked it for this thread was obviously a supergenius. What a lovely piece of 1980s Australian music with cool outfits and a horrible mullet.
Iver Davies was like a proto-ozoneocean.

——————-

My current song choice is Your Time is Gonna Come by Led Zeppelin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fssblRRCgmg

This was a very early song for them, but it sounds more like something by a much more mature, together group- which goes to show how well they clicked. Every band member has a major part in it: Beautiful organ music by Jones, amazing acoustic and steel slide by Page, big bold drums by Bonham, and amazing lilting yet strong vocals by Plant.

The recording is lovely, but my fave part are the lyrics- a jilted young man who's basically whining pathetically about his unfaithful girlfriend.
"You don't respect me and you sleep around, you've pretty much left me… well I'll show you, I'll stop hanging around and leave you too! One day… I swear. One of these days I'm gonna go… I am. That'll show you. Yeah."

Sway
Sway
Posted at

It's hard to say anything new about Led Zeppelin which hasn't been seen before by a hundred other people, and often in better words. But I will say this: there really hasn't been anything like them since. Even the bands that try to replicate their sound or tone seem to fall short. There's just something there in that group of guys that makes creating auditory atmosphere seem easy.

I've been listening to a lot of John Carpenter stuff lately. Most people know him from his filmography (which I am also a huge fan of), but fewer recognize him for his amazing songwriting accomplishments. When Carpenter was at his prime, nobody could make genre movies like him: Halloween, Escape From New York, They Live, and their ilk are indelible classics. Yet many of those films also had equally iconic scores, many composed by Carpenter himself. Carpenter is almost seventy years old and just released an album of unreleased themes earlier this year. They are all, unsurprisingly, incredible. If you like his other stuff, you should definitely check it out.

Assault on Precinct 13 (main title): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5UU2TxOcZs

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Most of John carpenters soundtracks are great, except ghosts of Mars because that was the worst thing about the film. This is a great track.

I'm listening to the latest album from Therapy? I've not heard these guys since the late 90s but us a good album.
https://youtu.be/wUl85X4nYBE

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.