Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

My fight scenes would be Brutal if they weren't softened by the comedic imagery.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Battle is fightin' and fightin' is killin' .

Simple as that. Some of the best war movies IMO were those from the 1930-50s. No explicit guts but the pain is there.

Something about telling a guy to jump off a tank and he just screams "I ain't got no legs!" You don't see his legs just his pained face. The guy turning over the body and all you see is his reaction. You don't need to see that the body has no face or the insides are all over. You feel it.

But if you're going to show the actual fighting; I don't believe in pulling punches. I know what a weapon will do and I'll show it. These things are dangerous and you should know what they do.

Posted at

I would say they are intermediate at best because there's no blood, but it does involve hitting, punching and some moves I wouldn't want a kid copying hence the Teen rating.

I don't like drawing blood baths and even when a dead body is found or something along those lines, I just imply that it is there. I don't show it.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Not sure if this classifies as brutal or gory…

Pretty much the most violent I go…

rickrudge
rickrudge
Posted at

My Drako the barbarian character is a Japanese swordsman, so there’s going to be a lot of cutting, slashing, etc. there. And, my detective Tag Forester character has been known to fight and shoot in his comix and his girlfriend can wield a knife like nobody’s business.

Posted at

Went back to my script, I may have a alot of blood and gore in the third issue.

Posted at

My fight scenes range between
2. Intermediate and
3. Advanced
It's not that I like drawing violence, but I will be accurate to the reality of what the story demands. Both Tusk and Mindfold have narratives that call for unarmored people coming at each other with slice-y and stabby weapons, and I aim to depict the results of that honestly. I don't dwell on the blood and disfigurement, but I don't want to pull my punches either. (If you'll pardon the pun)

shizamura
shizamura
Posted at

Hummm, I think I'm gonna have to go with intermediate levels… I mean, people get shot and killed and it's tense, but I don't think it's overly graphic.

DeanZeeks
DeanZeeks
Posted at

For now, they're a one-hit knock-out

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.