Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Let me see…

Mock Wikipedia Page

Stringy and Mopy (officially titled Stringy and Mopy: The Adventure Begins) is a 2020 upcoming American superhero film produced by Jordan Peele and Directed by Alex Proyas starring Jaz Sinclair, Justice Smith, Megan Fox, and Halley Barry, and Henry Caville.

Taking place in the not-so-distant future, a famous superhero teenager befriends a high school pariah to help save his mother from the Mafia.

Something like that.

BearinOz
BearinOz
Posted at

Wow…I can only cringe at what they would do to Butterfly Effect !

1: Surfing plays a central role…and we've seen what they've done with that, in some Hollywood stuff ! An tolerated exception, for some of us (real surfers) was Point Break - the original version I mean. I don't even know why they bothered with that remake…which popped up on cable a year or so back. I got about 15 minutes in, or less, then deleted my recording . Some wanker who has never effectively surfed before, is taken out to an offshore bank and drops into a huge barrelling monster that…..anyway, bullshit overload ; goodbye movie.
The "dude" count, the stuntperson/actor thing, the representation of good France and Gold Coast (Oz) point and reef breaks, by filming on small summertime beach-break slop, in SoCal (or even worse, Florida !). AAaaarrggghh ! B-)

2: I have an intersex character . Yeah, just imagine….how 'Leslie' would turn out, I really dread to think. Plastic "Barby-doll" tits that look like over-inflated balloons (for someone who is meant to be relatively flat-chested, or at least small in that dept.)

3: Phil starts off on mainframe computers - they'd have to have whirring tape decks, etc. so it looked 'real' - I know 'cause I worked in a couple (state-owned) and every time the local T.V. wanted to interview some wanker local politician about I.T., we had to load dummy jobs for this effect to occur B-)

…the only upside would be getting a phat cheque for the rights . Enough to cover the shame, otherwise no deal !

B-)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Blood and water would be set in present day, the main characters, who are best friends would become gay. All offensive language would be removed, and it would probably become either a full on horror or a full on murder mystery rather than a bit of both. They would probably give it a happy ending too. Oh I just gave a spoiler.

Posted at

They'd make Shawa a loli instead of the shy bombshell that could put Daphne from Scooby Doo to shame, Richard would be a New Yorker who looks like Peter Parker and had never driven a car in his life, make Zoey a sympathetic lesbian instead of just a mean girl who's just used to getting what she wants (who also has her good side but that's later), make this take place not at a college in another dimension but rather a pro racing team with multiple teams in different motorsports like Penske Racing in another dimension (admittedly it's probably what I should have done, makes a little more sense) and Royce University would be where Los Angeles is rather than the college town is just a small Denver, Colorado. Also the country of Cleveland (California) would be seen as a glorious place of happiness when it's really a country recovering from a communist dictatorship.

Worst of all they'd get everybody's cars wrong.

Fun times for all and this is why I would be very, VERY hands-on if Hollywood wanted to do an adaptation of Fluffy 500.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@Ironhorse

Yep, ALL the cars would be wrong. That'd be the biggest change :)
They'd want to do deals with Toyota, GM etc so you'd only be able to have certain boring bands represented.

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
@Ironhorse

Yep, ALL the cars would be wrong. That'd be the biggest change :)
They'd want to do deals with Toyota, GM etc so you'd only be able to have certain boring bands represented.

No they'd make all the cars from Mini, Fiat without Ferrari, all the terrible European petrol brands, the Chinese bootlegs of said brands, and worst of all Smart cars. I'd rather see my Rav4 on the race track than one of those things.

Pencilz
Pencilz
Posted at

It wouldn't be Hollywood if they didn't put a love interest where it didn't belong. Or by changing some huge aspect of the story/characters to appeal to a wider audience.

ShaRose49
ShaRose49
Posted at

MegaRdaniels wrote:
It would be SJWed to death. The female protagonist would be downplayed (she will not be goofy, silly, or egotistical),

Aaack, I’d be so afraid of this!

For one thing, they’d probably do it live-action instead of animated, :/ but if done well it could still be good…

But yeah, like you said about it getting SJWed, my most iconic character is female, but she’s probably “too nice” and somehow “not strong enough” to be a REAL female superhero, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they took away the weaknesses that come with her powerful abilities, and just make her some crazy powerful woman who acts so tough that she doesn’t even seem human.

And if they were going that route, they might make Bluemist into a bumbling sidekick, (which is pretty offensive to me), and make Kairo even more twisted, and just make the dudes kind of unlikeable just so we all looove this female hero, yuchhh.

That aside, they’d probably make it either super-cheesy or super edgy, taking out the most emotional scenes because they want these heroes to seem all tough and strong, as if expressing emotions in ways other than violence is somehow weak or lame. I can’t think of anything else at the moment XD except for them taking out or watering down any religious beliefs some of the characters have

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.