Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Found a comic you love? Talk about it here!

Posted at

Last night, while looking through the forums, I ended up finding this comic written by "Dal dean", and it was one of the best comics I've read here in a while. (Although, heads up: It's rated M) It had a unique concept, interesting characters, a beautiful art style, and an engaging story that got me hooked.

But I was honestly floored when I saw that it only had one like. And it wasn't the first time I'd seen that happen, either. A lot of comics seem to not get enough attention, despite being pretty amazing. And that got me thinking: "What if there was a forum post for recommending other peoples' comics?" Well, here's that forum post!

If you found a comic recently that you really liked, post a link to it, along with why you like it so much! The only rule is that it can't be your own comic.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Likes has little to do with quality and a lot to do with promotion and timing.

All the pages were loaded at once which is a sure way to bury a comic so that no one notices it.

Very few readers search, most merely click on an avatar that catches their eye. So update over a few weeks so the comic shows up on the front page day after day and people see it.

I have five completed comics, do you think any got new readers or likes after they stopped updating?

At least Until some promotion on Twitter anyway.

Good find though.

OiTheRolk
OiTheRolk
Posted at

One comic I really like is little q by PaddyWolfe. It's a bit of an ambiguous/vague setting, which adds to the atmosphere of the story, and the art style is very pretty to look at. Originally I came across it by looking for something to scratch my abstract itch. Out of all the search results this one was the only one that could scratch my itch.

It's a bit sad, but it's heartwarming as well. It's paced nicely, and I'm interested to see how the story unfolds further.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.