Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

We Meet Again....

Posted at

My husband, Mike (Ethan) and I used to have a lot of fun on this site, even sat in at a convention. Our primary comic was, "Marital Bliss???" (Quit writing it back in 2011 when we got pregnant.) Two kids and a life lived later…..Well, Mike died earlier this month. Blissfully married for 22 Years, with him for 30, my Grenn. Then SHAZAM! I'm a widow, a single mother to two funktastic children…that was NOT the plan. He was the sensitive artist and I was just his muse. So, you can imagine I am alone without my soulmate. I am swirling in grief and overwhelming sadness. So, remembering good times, looking through his art, a bit inspired?

We had just bought a farm and he has started a new business, all was going according to plan, then BAM! No more American Dream. He left over 30 sketchbooks filled with movie pitches, comics, screenplays and novels that he commanded I go through and try to make something of on his deathbed…. I get the rest of my days to raise our 7 and 9 year old and try to get over my Superman.

Started dabbling with a new comic, will post something soon. Cheers, Stay safe my friends and hug em if you got em.

Jen (Lynn)

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Jen, I'm so sorry about your irreparable loss. I can't even imagine how you feel. But, you must keep going on for you and your childs.

We in the community, are here for you.

Cheers

Avart

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

maritalbliss wrote:
My husband, Mike (Ethan) and I used to have a lot of fun on this site, even sat in at a convention. Our primary comic was, "Marital Bliss???" (Quit writing it back in 2011 when we got pregnant.) Two kids and a life lived later…..Well, Mike died earlier this month. Blissfully married for 22 Years, with him for 30, my Grenn. Then SHAZAM! I'm a widow, a single mother to two funktastic children…that was NOT the plan. He was the sensitive artist and I was just his muse. So, you can imagine I am alone without my soulmate. I am swirling in grief and overwhelming sadness. So, remembering good times, looking through his art, a bit inspired?

We had just bought a farm and he has started a new business, all was going according to plan, then BAM! No more American Dream. He left over 30 sketchbooks filled with movie pitches, comics, screenplays and novels that he commanded I go through and try to make something of on his deathbed…. I get the rest of my days to raise our 7 and 9 year old and try to get over my Superman.

Started dabbling with a new comic, will post something soon. Cheers, Stay safe my friends and hug em if you got em.

Jen (Lynn)

Jeeez… I remember youguys. I'm so sorry :(
I only just read this now :(

Posted at

Welcome back Jen. We're honoured that you're returning during such a challenging time in your life. I'm really sorry about your loss. I hope we get to see you a lot. Looking forward to your stuff :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Hey! I know you!

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be. You and Mike were an amazing team. And you are an amazing woman.

(I was so excited to see who posted, but then deeply saddened to read your post. Roller coaster of emotions.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.