Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What are the odds of re starting creator interviews?

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I read a few interviews we have here on DD. Very nice. So I was thinking, why don’t we go back to that? Maybe once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month? It can get a feature article on the home page to get to know both veterans and new comers. Just a little idea. What do you think? Bad idea, good idea?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I think it's a solid idea, i thought about it myself recently. perhaps it could be a quackcast thing?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sure, does someone want to organise that? :D

For the Quackcast they should be live interviews.
The person will have to be ready at 11AM new York time and have about 3 hours to spare.
(New York time is EST for Americans, -4 GMT for the rest of the world)
You'll need a gmail address so we can send oy a link to join our google hangout.
You'll also need a microphone and a descent internet connection.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I know it would work Great as a quack cast feature. I was more or least talking about the forum interviews we have here. Those are great too, at least to me. Why did it even stop? It was one of the best hidden gems in the DD. Maybe times have changed.

Posted at

This is a very good suggestion, @cdmalcolm1, I used to do creator interviews on the front page for Monday News when I first started. It takes a bit of coordination and advanced planning from the creator, but I am sure if people are willing to be interviewed, it is always possible. It is great exposure as well an interesting read.

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

I think it would probably work much better and more easily for all parties involved if they could be in-text interviews instead. There are certainly opportunities to have interviews and guest spots on your podcasts, if you're recording those at only a certain time, but there are too many different schedules to make that possible with the largest group of people.

I would say that it would probably be a better idea to establish a consistent interview format with the same questions presented to every creator, and some could be expanded upon if desired.

For something of a compromise, you could also try interviewing people via Discord, since you are after all on there. That way, you could converse with them in real time and change, add, or remove anything on the fly, to make for a more organic interview.

But I do think that email or private message is the way to go for completely assured interviews that would get you the maximum possible participants, which I think would be good for showing the range of variety and diversity in content on the Duck. I think that would be the fundamental format for success, with the option to do either of the others if it's possible for both parties.

Teh Andeh
Teh Andeh
Posted at

I really liked where this was going. any update on this?

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

I'm new compared to most folks and would be interested in this as well.

I think from an organizational standpoint, doing it via Discord or a PM is ideal. Is the QuackCast at 11 AM EST on a weekday? If those, may be hard for a lot of us who are working during those times.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

L.C.Stein wrote:
I'm new compared to most folks and would be interested in this as well.

I think from an organizational standpoint, doing it via Discord or a PM is ideal. Is the QuackCast at 11 AM EST on a weekday? If those, may be hard for a lot of us who are working during those times.

Quackcast is 11AM EST on the weekend.

Many web communities can usually only manage one or two projects at once. DD has just barely finished the Awards comic, the Anthology just had the due date extended and the Secret Santa just started.

So even without the RL affairs of the season a lot of folks have their hands full.

But–the two of you are willing and that's all it takes for an interview via PMs or Discord. Nothing is stopping you, make it happen.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Quackcast is 11AM EST on the weekend.
Yup, on Saturday :D

bravo1102 wrote:
Many web communities can usually only manage one or two projects at once. DD has just barely finished the Awards comic, the Anthology just had the due date extended and the Secret Santa just started.

So even without the RL affairs of the season a lot of folks have their hands full.

But–the two of you are willing and that's all it takes for an interview via PMs or Discord. Nothing is stopping you, make it happen.
Well said!

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

Totally understandable. Not to mention a lot of people (myself included) do comic creation in and of itself as a "side hobby".

I'd be willing to help organize something on the Discord or PM, but not sure how that would work, or what has worked in the past.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Personal message can be done through the site via the personal quack feature. Send questions, the other person answers and you can post them. In the past They've been put in forums or maybe you could arrange for it to be a newspost.

Discord involves using one of the channels on the server and having a conversation there. I think it can also be live? Then it's archived over there?

But it really boils down to getting folks together who want to talk, then Coming up with a bunch of questions and hopefully some answers. You want something to happen, just find someone you want to talk to, send them a PM/PQ and set it up.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Do some community Quackchat stuff between November and April, so I can be part of it! ;) (My formal, selfish request from a summer worker who never gets to go to any kind of convention, reunion, or festival.)

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

Sorry for the delay in circling back on this. What I could do is post an announcement thread with some standard questions, and have people DM (or PQ) me their answers. First come, first serve.

Could start with posting weekly or bi-weekly on the blog / news section (depending on the response I get), to help with visibility. However, I do not have blog access so either I would need news posting access or someone to post the interview contents on my behalf.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

There's no Sunday newspost.

Maybe we could have a Sunday morning talk show? The Sunday morning interview show as a Sunday newspost?

Or if weekly is too much append the interview to one of the existing newsposts, or at least promote it through existing newsposts.

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
There's no Sunday newspost.

Maybe we could have a Sunday morning talk show? The Sunday morning interview show as a Sunday newspost?

Or if weekly is too much append the interview to one of the existing newsposts, or at least promote it through existing newsposts.

I like the Sunday News Post idea!! :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.