Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Like I said, my process takes on average up to a week, but if there's a particularly lot of content going on in terms of number of panels, the layout and composition, etc., sometimes it can take up to two.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

There's an old thread from maybe around ten years ago, where I go over my process. It can take anywhere between 20-60 hours a page depending on setup and design required. Once a set is done and characters together posing and shooting is straightforward. Green screen sequence can take very long due to necessary editing and composite images. Have gotten up to fifty layers with figure over figure over and under setting.
Page composition and layout of panels and effects takes six to eight hours by itself, but that's the last step and after that it's done.

It's a front loaded process where single panels can take hours to get together and then with differing camera angles and adjusting composition of the elements in frame I can end up with twenty shots for what will be one panel.

Drawing would be so much easier if only my arm and wrist could take it. But I'd have to ice them for hours after doing one panel or even one character. The straw stuff is the best I can manage and that I've kept super simple and a strip can be done in a few hours.

Found the word file with the title "how I do it" 2010.

GeekyGami
GeekyGami
Posted at

lothar wrote:
Looking through all these I'm curious as to how long it takes y'all to make a page?

When I look at the file stats usually it says from 3 to 6 hours.
Most often it's 3, if a page has a lot of backgrounds, or a lot more panels than usual, then it's 6.

Not using color speeds things up tremendously since there's so much less to faff about with.

It also gives a lot more shortcuts to getting things looking a certain way compared to with color.

Posted at

My art before Genejoke colours it:

My art after Genejoke colours it:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.