Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The "holy moly sudden page views madman" thread.

Posted at

I was just checking my stats and saw I had under two page views, a first time for me and I have no idea what's going on but I want to say thank you to everyone.

I thought I make a thread to see what's up, and just talk about the feeling of "wow, that's a high number!"

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Under two? 2>

Why doesn't it just say one, or does the system not count that low?

Remember another view stat counter would say "under 5" . Never saw "under two"

Looked at some of my archives of completed comics that hadn't updated in years and the lowest I could find was "2 views"

Posted at

Two hundred views, I was very tired last night and so sorry for missing that.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Furwerk studio wrote:
Two hundred views, I was very tired last night and so sorry for missing that.

Be grateful for what you do have and work hard on having a consistent update schedule so readers always know when to look for new pages without being told.

My current comic has been featured, previous ones won all kinds of awards and I don't get 200 page views. If my readers are to be believed my stuff is real quality still don't get 200 views. I've been doing comics 12 years (still not spelling numbers) and update on regular schedule. All the things to build up page views. Still not over 200.

In point of fact, I've lost readers. Yeah, shit writing and too much a one (numbers below ten I spell out) trick pony.

Notice I'm using the number so lazy me doesn't have to spell out hundred. Being an old guy and on medications all warning of drowsiness I'm always tired. :)

So in conclusion, only spell out one to ten and over that use the number. Wont make errors.

And as far as page views? Be grateful for what you do have but don't give up striving.

Do what you love and love what you do.

(Edit. I am being disingenuous and facetious about my current comic's page views. It hovers around 150 page views a day and does indeed top 200 once a week. So I really can't complain. I've been doing the no page views shtick so long though.)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's really cool Furwerk!

—-

It's a misconception that "if you build it, they will come". Our internal comic promotion system is very limited because all comics here need promoting and the amount of views people can get through the site is a limited pool anyway…
What you need to get those views up to big numbers are external links on other sites- social media, blogs, wikis, Bad Webcomic review sites, ads, youtube links etc.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
That's really cool Furwerk!

—-

It's a misconception that "if you build it, they will come".
It's never been "build it and they will come". Learned that a long time ago.

It's "maintain it and they'll keep coming back"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.