Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Sleep is required… 18 pages done but I have to sleep. Will finish it tomorrow, with a little luck.
Here is the cover for it anyway. The rest is black and white though… that said as I will fail to complete it in 24 hours I may colour it… maybe.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Just wanted to give a cheer to all involved. rah! rah!

WARNING: This could hurt your eyes!

Seriously, sounds like a fun challenge. Maybe when I've grown out of my art infancy I'll give it a go.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Just wanted to give a cheer to all involved. rah! rah!

Seriously, sounds like a fun challenge. Maybe when I've grown out of my art infancy I'll give it a go.

"Give me 6 months and I can move than boulder" (or 6 years, whatever)
go to http://www.ustream.tv/wowio and chat with us! :)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

im trying to chat, but it's being an asshole! everytme i type soemthin, it tells me to log in again!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

im trying to chat, but it's being an asshole! everytme i type soemthin, it tells me to log in again!
I had the same thing happen. But I stopped trying awhile ago.

—-

I just retried and: success

Posted at

Let's give a hand of applause to Gene hole for being the first person to both finish and submit his artwork to the DD24 community comic.

I'll be spending the next minutes uploading it now so you can start looking at it and giving him thumbs up.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I had the same thing happen. But I stopped trying awhile ago.

—-

I just retried and: success

thans! ill keep trying. outa curiosity, did yer name happen to have any hyphins or anything like that?

Posted at

So I finally got the home page set up so that it displays the first page, instead of the last page, like I want it to be doing but I'm still figuring out all the kinks.

For example, I can't seem to get the top banner image to align perfectly in the middle. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about if you check out the comic. At any rate, if anyone's interested in helping me with the site design, either through advice or becoming an assistant, then please be in touch.

And don't forget to send in your pages when you're done ^^

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

re 24-hour comic: is this only for the complete 24 pages, or can those with partials submit?

For anyone in the wowie chat around 1 or 2 AM who witnessed my post that went astray, this was the reference

Congrats to everyone who gave it a go, and thanks to PP who's shepherding the collection

Posted at

re 24-hour comic: is this only for the complete 24 pages, or can those with partials submit?
Anyone who participated can send their submission to the comic and I will post them. However, I would like it if you're honest and tell me if you managed to finish all the pages in in less then 24 hours or if you required more time and I will make a special note that you beat the challenge, if you did.

Got some more great submissions. Will be working on posting them now. :)

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

i did 7 pages then went to play Marvel vs Capcom 2. not because i ouldnt finish it, but rather i told the story i wanted to tell in 7 pages when i thought it would take me the whole time. =\

Posted at

i did 7 pages then went to play Marvel vs Capcom 2. not because i ouldnt finish it, but rather i told the story i wanted to tell in 7 pages when i thought it would take me the whole time. =\
Please submit your work.

Anyone who sends me a 'partially finished/less then 24 page/not finished on time' comic will still get posted and get this fancy banner:

Those who sent in 24 pages that they finished on time get this instead:

Posted at

I would've participated, but like NaNoWriMo this is just set at a really bad time for me. Let's see…24 badly drawn, poorly thought-out comic pages, or actually finishing two important projects on time? Doing the whole hourly update thing wouldn't have been very interesting in my case since I don't have classes on Saturdays and, anyway, spent a good six hours or so working on one thing only (and another 4 baking and getting groceries). Not a terribly interesting weekend, I'm afraid.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I didn't succeed, I have 18 pages done, as in pencils inks, ten of them are yet to be lettered. I also have roughs for the last pages. I plan to finish them once I have completed my regular updates for the week, one to go. Once ready I will send you the lot.

That lot didn't take 24 hours though, about 10 hours work, the rest was sleeping and looking after my kids.

Posted at

No worries. As long as it was a 24 hour project, that was started on the 2nd, I consider it to be a valid entry. I will mention that it wasn't finished on time but that's about it.

Posted at

I would've participated, but like NaNoWriMo this is just set at a really bad time for me.

I never really understood why a 24-hour event wasn't at least scheduled for the summer, since that would have made it a lot easier for more people to participate.

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

I would've participated, but like NaNoWriMo this is just set at a really bad time for me.

I never really understood why a 24-hour event wasn't at least scheduled for the summer, since that would have made it a lot easier for more people to participate.
It would be cool to have a winter thing. Winners would get to go outside and play in the snow.
Or mud, depending on your location.

Posted at

Just throwing out a final reminder that the 24 hour comic is still accepting submissions about comics that were created for this day.

I'm guessing everyone who wants to donate their work have already come forward but we've got 10 great comics to go through so far. If anyone else is interested in including theirs in this collection, then they're more then welcome to do so.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.