Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anyone else noticing a lot of media outlets are struggling?

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Other than that, and the mind boggling awesomeness of the law & order formula, TV is gay.
Ummm, as a representative of my people. TV is NOT gay. If it were, it would be a lot, lot different. Please think of another pejorative.

Crappy?

Posted at

Other than that, and the mind boggling awesomeness of the law & order formula, TV is gay.
Ummm, as a representative of my people. TV is NOT gay. If it were, it would be a lot, lot different. Please think of another pejorative.

yeah. if TV was truly gay, then I'd actually watch a lot of shit more often…. nothing like two men making out. yummy. >=D

and of course, lesbains too for the guys with an lesbain fetish out there.

RDraconis
RDraconis
Posted at

I've never been a fan of radio, but I do like watching TV and movies. the internet is kind of boring to me if I don't have something specific to do on it. ^^;

I wouldn't mind if TV was gay. Except for Will & Grace, there aren't really many shows that even acknowledge the existence of that. Or maybe it's just the shows I watch… And a lot of shows hae really stupid romances, too.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ugh, Will and Grace was irritating… Not so much "gay" as men acting like caricatures of fussy prima dona women. Jebus, Ellen was better. -well not as funny, but cleverer and with nicer characters.

Speaking of sitcoms, you know what sitcom I grew to DESPISE? Fraiser (spelling?), that show really sucked hard, the more so because it pretended to be clever when all it was, was a cheap shitty spin-off that would substitute intelligence for the mention of fashionable brand names and expensive restaurants. It was the most dull, repetitive piece of dross… It even used dog jokes for F**ks sake! "awww, look at the puppy, innit cute! look how it widdle's on the man's leg, how cute!"

The Simpsons parodied it best when Homer flicked over to it on TV and "Myles" says to his brother "Well your mother-in-law is so fat that when she sits around your fabulously appointed stylishly yet tastefully decorated three story luxury apartment, she really sits around your fabulously appointed stylishly yet tastefully decorated three story luxury apartment".
That's Fraiser to a T: Long winded, pointlessly banal, unfunny rehashing of old jokes and formulas dressed up to appeal to vapid people who mistake a few extra syllables for intelligent comedy. :P
The kind of people who'd buy a dog turd if you slapped a "deluxe" sticker on it. lol!

Ah, but Cheers… The show that gave birth to the mutant Fraiser was just the opposite; A smart show that frequently played dumb. That was a quality piece of work.

marine
marine
Posted at

Ugh, Will and Grace was irritating… Not so much "gay" as men acting like caricatures of fussy prima dona women. Jebus, Ellen was better. -well not as funny, but cleverer and with nicer characters.

Speaking of sitcoms, you know what sitcom I grew to DESPISE? Fraiser (spelling?), that show really sucked hard, the more so because it pretended to be clever when all it was, was a cheap shitty spin-off that would substitute intelligence for the mention of fashionable brand names and expensive restaurants. It was the most dull, repetitive piece of dross… It even used dog jokes for F**ks sake! "awww, look at the puppy, innit cute! look how it widdle's on the man's leg, how cute!"

The Simpsons parodied it best when Homer flicked over to it on TV and "Myles" says to his brother "Well your mother-in-law is so fat that when she sits around your fabulously appointed stylishly yet tastefully decorated three story luxury apartment, she really sits around your fabulously appointed stylishly yet tastefully decorated three story luxury apartment".
That's Fraiser to a T: Long winded, pointlessly banal, unfunny rehashing of old jokes and formulas dressed up to appeal to vapid people who mistake a few extra syllables for intelligent comedy. :P
The kind of people who'd buy a dog turd if you slapped a "deluxe" sticker on it. lol!

Ah, but Cheers… The show that gave birth to the mutant Fraiser was just the opposite; A smart show that frequently played dumb. That was a quality piece of work.

Might as well mention Night Court too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.