Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

I have never met a single english person who is Alergic to Seafood, how can you be Alergic to seafood? it must be an American thing.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah… it's something I don't really get. I don't even use terms like "seafood", "red meat", "white meat", "dairy food" etc, because I know what a fucking nonsense they are. Most of the Earth's life lives in the oceans, and that life comes in a few million varieties… You can't be allergic to every living edible sea creature. It's just not possible.
Usually people just have allergies to coastal shellfish like oysters and mussels. Maybe things like prawns (shrimps in the US) as well. And that's mainly because of the kind of food those creatures eat… Their position on the food chain and the fact that many of them are harvested in busy harbours means they often get filled with a lot of nasty chemicals.

Maybe also crabs, clams, lobsters, crayfish and whatever else is cuaght in fairly shallow water, and that happens to eat a lot of sediment.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I'm not allergic to anything! Bwahahahaha. :twisted:

Man, you people would not want to come to my house. 3 cats, 2 dogs and 3 horses. And my mom is thinking on buying some chickens. My house is turning into a farm!

And I love seafood. Scallops and blue crabs and flounder. Mmmmm.

Eh, you could probably mix some honey and dust mite crap in there and I doubt I would care. :wink:

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I have never met a single english person who is Alergic to Seafood, how can you be Alergic to seafood? it must be an American thing.

I'm English, bitch.

Yeah… it's something I don't really get. I don't even use terms like "seafood", "red meat", "white meat", "dairy food" etc, because I know what a fucking nonsense they are. Most of the Earth's life lives in the oceans, and that life comes in a few million varieties… You can't be allergic to every living edible sea creature. It's just not possible.
Usually people just have allergies to coastal shellfish like oysters and mussels. Maybe things like prawns (shrimps in the US) as well. And that's mainly because of the kind of food those creatures eat… Their position on the food chain and the fact that many of them are harvested in busy harbours means they often get filled with a lot of nasty chemicals.

Maybe also crabs, clams, lobsters, crayfish and whatever else is cuaght in fairly shallow water, and that happens to eat a lot of sediment.

All of the above am I allergic to. I can only can take fish.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I do believe that all of that stufF can be considered "shellfish". I think Ozone does have it right. It's basically because you are reacting to what THEY eat. :shock:

Too bad for you, though. I love shrimp, lobster, crab, and clams! :smt050

But I guess if you've never had it, you don't miss it.

.: SpANG! :.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Hate to break it to ya, but you still may get allergies in your lifetime. A lot of people aquire them as they get older. :P

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

I'm English, bitch.

English and alergic to things? you must be doing it wrong.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Well technically, I am English because I was born in a hospital in England (the one that first created the term: "Mayday! Mayday!"), but my heritage comes from China.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Not having allergies could be a double-edged sword for you. You may make people jealous. :P

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but my heritage comes from China.
Heh, I wouldn't call that technical, you are English. If you go back far enough, not many people really have an origin in England. People still occasionally talk about the Norman invasion… But they only replaced the Saxon invaders, the Angles, Jutes, Vikings, Romans, even the Celts.

Basically where you're born, live, and who you identify with is who you are.

could be a double-edged sword for you.
:P

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

Not having allergies could be a double-edged sword for you. You may make people jealous. :P

That makes me think….I wish I didn't have allergies at all.

Everyday I feel like crap cause of mine.

I went to get a head scan one day. They looked and my sinuses and said I had the sinuses of a 90 yr old.

wierd huh?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I went to get a head scan one day. They looked and my sinuses and said I had the sinuses of a 90 yr old.
My sinuses look like those of an undeveloped infant. :lol:
-pretty rudimentary. I suffer extreme sinus pain occasionally… Still, I have much less problems with runny noses than I did as a child and I almost never get sick with colds or viruses these days.

Huxley
Huxley
Posted at

Crack,eggs,coconut,peanuts,you, and color dye.

gigatwo
gigatwo
Posted at

I'm allergic to:

Wheat
Peanuts
Cats
Kiwi's
Essential Fatty Acids
a crapload of beans, but not baked beans

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I usually get allergies in the form of headache, sneezing, a funny feeling chest, and SOMETIMES very watery eyes….I don't know what causes it. I'm guessing pollen at least….I have headaches a LOT. (And yes I had a scan. My sinuses are normal which was a bit of a shock to me….)

Though I notice I tend to get headaches in the sunshine……..hurray, I'm a vampire. :roll:

Corvin
Corvin
Posted at

sprite comics.

*rimshot*

really, mostly just pollen. which makes my current location truly a bitch, since its a giant cul de sac catching all the pollen blowin south by the farmlands to the north.

summers are awesome…

honey works. i combine it with nasal irrigation and allergy pills.

Corvin

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Rawr, I forgot I get hayfever as well. And when I get hayfever, I get hungry.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Hate to break it to ya, but you still may get allergies in your lifetime. A lot of people aquire them as they get older. :P

Bah. I like to think of myself as invincible! :P

I never had problems with my sinuses. They only thing that happened to me was that I got bloody noses every single day when I was little.
:P

Barguest
Barguest
Posted at

I'm allergic to nothing, despite a few times when I broke out into hives randomly.

Posted at

I'm allergic to insects and certain types of soap and shampoo because of a chemical that's in them (I have to pay really close attention to what's in my cleaning stuff o.o)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.