Moonlight meanderer
D0m
D0m
Posted at

Do you ever regret your profession?

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I've been shot, stabbed, fragged and blown up.
Hey Penguin! So you must have like medals n' stuff, right? Which ones?

Posted at

2 part question.

What are your thoughts about the over all progress of restructuring/rebuilding Iraq and is it true that
No Good deed goes UnPunished?

bonus question…
Do you think that bringing Air Conditioning to Iraq will cut down on alot of the random senseless violence carried out by these suicidal madmen that seem to appear out of nowhere?

Posted at

How long were both of you out there? Phantom & Notlikely.

Well im Currently deployed….. Hence the long wait to reply…… ive been here almost 10 months….. i have around 5-8 left….. i really have no idea when were returning…..

Posted at

how tasty are the MREs?

well….. it depends….. they range between prison chow, and regurgitated aborted fetuses……

Posted at

Wait, 50 cal inch long bullets? WTF you talking bout, soldier?

Just the diameter is 1/2 an inch long. Bullet length is 5.45 inches.

yeah…. inch long was wrong…. sorry, typed as i was falling asleep….. and actually…. the bullets OUTSIDE of the cartridge are around 3 inches long and a half inch wide….

Posted at

i want phantom to tell the story about his kidney

Posted at

what would you recomend for someon looking to get into the army?

well….. if you have anything planned for the next 8 years of your life…… forget it…. otherwise go ahead!!!! its not as bad as the media makes it out to be…… oh and by the way……. get used to running…. you need to be able to run a mile in 8 minutes just to get in basic training…… oh and you WILL deploy…. actually most people are deploying straight from basic now….

Posted at

Have you heard any weird folk tales while there?

Have you ever killed anyone? How did it feel?

(applies to any soldier)

hmmm folk tales…… well…… idk….. these people are pretty boring lol….. no real stories……

as for the killing….. this isnt like WW1 or 2 were not just marching and shooting….. we only kill when necessary………. but yes…… and i was too busy in an adrenaline rush to really feel much……. im sure if hes comfortable with talking about it, phantom will be able to elaborate more than I, seeing as he was in fallujah AND a tanker……

Posted at

Do you ever regret your profession?

NEEEEEVEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! (army joke)

Posted at

2 part question.

What are your thoughts about the over all progress of restructuring/rebuilding Iraq and is it true that
No Good deed goes UnPunished?

bonus question…
Do you think that bringing Air Conditioning to Iraq will cut down on alot of the random senseless violence carried out by these suicidal madmen that seem to appear out of nowhere?

I believe that we have made major progress in restructuring the government in Iraq….. as for the rebuilding……. we do what we can….. but it seems to stay the same to me….. as for no good deed goes unpunished…….. absolutely false….. everything we do to better the lives of the locals gains us further trust and support….

as for the air conditioning…… ok…… it seems to be believed that Iraq is a third world country, by a large percentage of Americans….. this is completely false…. Iraq was a very rich country at one point and enjoyed most if not all the household comforts that we do…… in these last few wars, thay have lost alot of the value of their country, but hey still remain a wealthy country…… most dwellings here have air conditoning and have had it far before we were EVER deployed here……..

Posted at

Oh yes!!!! please do!!!!! Educate us!!!!

Posted at

I hate this story. A lot.

On patrol in some POS town west of Fallujah. I got out of my Humvee to pull secruity on the rear while my dumb CO did something in the house next to us.

No one even heard a gunshot.

Sniper shot me under the vest and protective plate. I fell flate on my face. I felt like I was melting out onto the street. I was bleeding out and no one even knew. I got up to my knees and pulled myself to the humvee's back left door looking for help. My driver took my vest off to try to help..

I got shot AGAIN. This time it blew apart my kidney. And wasn't slowed down by a vest, because it was off while I was getting first aid, the bullet tore threw me and into the driver doing first aid.

Somehow I managed to pull my pistol out and start shooting at the window it was coming from and the sniper ran off.

So from that day I lost a kidney,
but gained two purple hearts and a silver star.

I never did another mission in anything other then a tank.

Posted at

Have you heard any weird folk tales while there?

Have you ever killed anyone? How did it feel?

(applies to any soldier)

hmmm folk tales…… well…… idk….. these people are pretty boring lol….. no real stories……

as for the killing….. this isnt like WW1 or 2 were not just marching and shooting….. we only kill when necessary………. but yes…… and i was too busy in an adrenaline rush to really feel much……. im sure if hes comfortable with talking about it, phantom will be able to elaborate more than I, seeing as he was in fallujah AND a tanker……

I don't kiss and tell.

Posted at

On patrol in some POS town west of Fallujah. I got out of my Humvee to pull secruity on the rear while my dumb CO did something in the house next to us.

Sniper shot me under the vest and protective plate. I fell flate on my face. I felt like I was melting out onto the street. I was bleeding out and no one even knew. I got up to my knees and pulled myself to the humvee's back left door looking for help. My driver took my vest off to try to help..

I got shot AGAIN. This time it blew apart my kidney. And wasn't slowed down by a vest, because it was off while I was getting first aid, the bullet tore threw me and into the driver doing first aid.

Somehow I managed to pull my pistol out and start shooting at the window it was coming from and the sniper ran off.

WOW…….. well…..ummm…….. hmmmmm……. damnit i cant think of anything that brave ive done……

Posted at

WOW…….. well…..ummm…….. hmmmmm……. damnit i cant think of anything that brave ive done……

It wasn't brave it was stupid. I wasn't scanning my sector in detail, I probably would have seen the sniper setting up.

Posted at

It wasn't brave it was stupid. I wasn't scanning my sector in detail, I probably would have seen the sniper setting up.
well its still far more than ive seen…… and i dont know if i coulda lifted my weapon after that……

Posted at

most soldiers don't like talking about their kills.

i mean really, most people are inundated from birth to respect human life and it gets turn around when they go to war. but in the end the protective instinct takes over and "it's them or me" kinda deal

mlai
mlai
Posted at

My dad doesn't talk about squat unless he's drunk. Then he sometimes spills the beans.

The only thing I remember he talks about killing without being drunk is when he took a sidearm and shot some sort of GIANT gila monster or lizard/reptile type thing that scared the bejeezus out of him when he was taking a bath. That's in the wilds of SE Asia somewhere.

Posted at

My dad doesn't talk about squat unless he's drunk. Then he sometimes spills the beans.

The only thing I remember he talks about killing without being drunk is when he took a sidearm and shot some sort of GIANT gila monster or lizard/reptile type thing that scared the bejeezus out of him when he was taking a bath. That's in the wilds of SE Asia somewhere.

Like I said I don't kiss and tell.

But that has to be one of the most asked questions I get. My question to civilians is why do you want to know?

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

my dad never talked about his time in africa or vietnam. neither did any of his military friends. He did however talk about his time in germany and acores. probablly because nothing bad happened there.

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

My grandpa was an MP the only stories I get are from my mom and there is nothing bad in them. I was thinking of joining the air force so I could fly those sweet ass jets.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.