Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

I got a question for all of you.

Why do you have to change your avatar every month or even week?

I mean every so often I see someone in a forum and their avatar has changed to something un-origanal. I mean I have stayed with my avatar in both my accoints for the 1/2 year I have been here and I like it. I mean why can't you find one that you and others like and stick with it.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Its okay to change your avatar once in awhile, but chaninging it almost everyother day is just to much. @_@ Just find something, and stick with it for awhile. If you don't like it, fine, change it, but not ever time you turn around! ><

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I see nothing wrong with switching avatars. They leave that option open for a reason ya know.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

I've actually only had four avatars ever, and no one seems to complain abut it. You're just blowing things out of proportion.

Posted at

Because the same thing over and over bores my brains out. I can't stand looking at the same picture for over a month. I've only kept the broom so far because there's a hidden meaning behind it (that no one's figured out yet, by the way.) Also, what is your picture, anyway?

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Ohh….yes. This is a crime against humanity….changing avatars.
Talk about finding ANYTHING to complain about.

I change mine when I'm bored with it/just plain bored in general. I'm already tired of my current one…but I'd like to make another animated one. So….I'm waiting….for me to animate it. =/

Posted at

It's nice to change things up every once in a while. I tend to stick with an avatar for a few months, then change it when I get bored of looking at it. I've had this one for a long time now, I'm considering changing it soon, buuuut I don't know what to change it to. D:

Posted at

I change my avatar so that it matches my signature better.

I don't usually change my avatar very much…

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

Because the same thing over and over bores my brains out. I can't stand looking at the same picture for over a month. I've only kept the broom so far because there's a hidden meaning behind it (that no one's figured out yet, by the way.) Also, what is your picture, anyway?
Your avatar needs cleaning.

I like to match my avatar to the season and in some cases, the hollidays.
It's fun.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

(that no one's figured out yet, by the way.)

Oh, because no one cares. ):

marine
marine
Posted at

I rotate between old standards of mine and penis related stuff.

Standard stuff I use is a parental advisory sticker or michael jackson doing the moonwalk.

The penis stuff is like this current one or a symbol or other character in penis.

Alethea
Alethea
Posted at

Ohh….yes. This is a crime against humanity….changing avatars.
Talk about finding ANYTHING to complain about.

It is a crime…We need to call….SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!

Or Sherlock Holmes. Your pick.

Seriously though, people have the right to change there avatar for whatever reason they want. Either from boredom, or tired of the old one or because they have stinky cheese sitting on the floor of their basement, they can change their avvie.

Why don't you change yours????

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I used to change them constantly, but now I'm pretty well known by just my avatar. I don't intend to change it, well, ever. I like it, I like what is in it, and I like that people identify me by it.

Most of my avatars, though, centered around either Jack Nicholson, Batman, or my comic.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

I mean I have stayed with my avatar in both my accoints for the 1/2 year I have been here and I like it. I mean why can't you find one that you and others like and stick with it.
I have a favorite shirt, but I don't wear it every day. Who cares how often someone changes their avatar? I'm seriously considering changing my avatar just to spite you. ;)

Nah, not really. I haven't even been here a month yet, so it'll be a while before I change it. Besides, it's my comic's main character (and it looks like me, too). On another forum, though, I am actually known for my habit of frequently changing my avatar, and people actually enjoy that.

Posted at

Clean sweep?
Are you hiding something under the carpet?
Go on… tell us…

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Why don't you change yours????
Good question… Seems that stagnant avatars are in the minority, so perhaps they are the ones requiring explanation. Afraid of change, are we?

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

The guy who made this thread has a pretty poor looking avatar in all honesty.

And I used to change my avatar whenever I got fed up of seeing it, but these days everyone seems to know me as retro Iron Man like they know lefarce as Jack Nicholson or Terminal as the coke can. So I completely agree with farces post.

Nothing wrong with change mind you.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

I get where some of you are coming from but I mean some times it just gets rediculous; like someone changing it three times in a week. I am just wondering what is it about the constant change that seams to make people think it is always the best thing to do. I do not agree with the theory that the uniform thing is completely random; it should say that something uniform should be random but to where it has some order to it.

Any way, to answer your other questions that are in here (in order of appearence). My avatar is a picture of Zero peering at you seeming to peirce into your soul. I don't change it because I like it to where I'd like to be identified by it online. I am not afriad of change, being liberal I beleive change is good but only when it is need or it beneifts others. That should answer any of the questions you have.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I am not afriad of change, being liberal I beleive change is good but only when it is need or it beneifts others.
…..are we still talking about avatars? O_o
Just getting kind of deep over little pictures above our names…

Posted at

Personally, I change my Avatar to showcase some of my more recent work.
Usually, My avs are mini cut outs of what is going on in my comic.
Plus, after designing so many of them, I have my own little neat stamp collection.

:)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Everyone who doesn't like my avatar better get used to it. But I will change it when I am sick, so you guys will know when I won't be posting.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I'm going to change my avatar and there's nothing you can do about it!

There now you can't see me at all I'm invisible MuWaHahahahahaha!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I change my avatar when I get bored of it. I actually got at least 17 avatars I've used throughout my "online life".

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've only kept the broom so far because there's a hidden meaning behind it (that no one's figured out yet, by the way.)
Ugh, fine… It's the broom thing from Wiki. The pedantic people there put it on messy articles that "need a clean up". …so you're saying certain forums or threads need "a clean up"? The Top Drawer presumably?

Anyway… People come to know you in a way by your avatars. If you change them a lot, they tend not to recognise you as well. Changing them on a theme is often a good idea though, that way even with a change you're still easily recognisable to people. I dunno, there's a lot of people here that do it that way.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.