pastel
pastel
Posted at

I also did this one.

She looks really cute :D

Awaxx
Awaxx
Posted at

I know you dont want the task of doing the job pastel so we will take whatever u give us hahah good stuff!

I also did this one.

She looks really cute :D

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Aww, I didn't mean to outclass you. XD

Oh, if any of you want to see the photoshop files, I've uploaded them both to a zip file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a9f0e493dbc1d6992fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871

Maybe it'll help if you want to copy certain techniques :D
That's how I learned at least.

Yay! I was actually going to ask about that. I know the theory (known it for years) But I always wanted to see what was behind it, you know.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well now I know how it is done…doing it is another matter. I kinda liked how my style turned out though. Sure it wasn't three dimensional, but it had more life than my usual style.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'll probably never be at everyone else's level, but I'm already seeing a bit of improvement. Probably something that I won't end up using…really depends. It will help out a lot with making shadows and highlights, that is for sure.

Posted at

nice only one proob you have his right eye colored on wrong side. : ) he is looking to his right

I'll probably never be at everyone else's level, but I'm already seeing a bit of improvement. Probably something that I won't end up using…really depends. It will help out a lot with making shadows and highlights, that is for sure.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

You mean the other blob was the pupil? I thought he was cross eyes..really…or…I actually think he looks good like that. It is an interpretation thing…*sweeps dirt under rug*

Yeah. I know I look amateur…but it is more like I've been stumbling blind for the past five years thinking I knew how to use photoshop.

This was a really good experience for me.

Posted at

well im glad you gained exp hope to see you put it to the test!!!!!!!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

One day, when you least expect it. I'll give you a decent colored picture. Won't be anytime soon because I have to finish my strip by Friday and I"m behind on another comic.

pastel
pastel
Posted at

Yeah. I know I look amateur…but it is more like I've been stumbling blind for the past five years thinking I knew how to use photoshop.

This was a really good experience for me.

Yay! It's good that you're learning new things. :D

It feels great how stuff like this adds up over time and you will really see an improvement in your art, guaranteed. :)

Jamesabels
Jamesabels
Posted at

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted anything new, my D#mn bamboos pen broke, new one is in the mail but it's still lame. Hey pastel, you have any tuts or videos on color theory and shading with color vs black and white and burn and dodge?

Posted at

A video of your coloring would be great im more visual.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

This has turned from "Please color my comic" to art lessons with Pastel. 0.0 That reminds me. Gotta finish coloring this weeks comic. Won't use any of the techs yet just because it was half done before I started to learn.

Posted at

lol thank goodness for pastel lol. Well there is no rush im still trying to draw new pages so you have time on your hands cant wait to see your finished work

Also any other work you want to show off colored please PQ it to AWAXX or also on the forum. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This has turned from "Please color my comic" to art lessons with Pastel. 0.0 That reminds me. Gotta finish coloring this weeks comic. Won't use any of the techs yet just because it was half done before I started to learn.

Posted at

Nice job this put a smile to my face.How long did it take u to do this? O can you PQ this image to Awaxx also

Also I failed to mention like this guy is the same race as the bone sword character. His final apperance in color would have a more darker domenic feel to it and his skin pale.

But is still a stick picture Niccea thanks!

I dedicate this to my Prometheus, Pastel. May your liver not be turn out by an eagle.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Lessee. I was distracted while doing it, but if I had to guess. In the area of 2-3 hours.

Edit: I think I might have leveled up a bit. *Niccea is evolving.* Amateur Artist evolved into Intermediate Artist!

Posted at

I've noticed everyone who is trying to color the 2nd time around is getting better.

Also I failed to mention like this guy is the same race as the bone sword character. His final apperance in color would have a more darker domenic feel to it and his skin pale.

Lessee. I was distracted while doing it, but if I had to guess. In the area of 2-3 hours.

Edit: I think I might have leveled up a bit. *Niccea is evolving.* Amateur Artist evolved into Intermediate Artist!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Figured. But all you said was color. You said nothing about color schemes. Except on the first picture.

Edit: Well, the customer is always right. I don't really like the effect the sallower skin has on it. But I'm still trying to find a happy medium. I changed the hair color because pale and blond don't go.

Posted at

Figured out how to make a scanned drawing transparent without turning it to mud!

This is cover art that "that kid yellow" sent me to try…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.