Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

BP, the world will never be the same again.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

You know what this means…

[spoiler]Free oil.[/spoiler]

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

There are deep water wells that don't blow. They wer properly inspected and had proper safety protocals. BP cut corners and bent the rules and it blows. We can do this and do it safely. BP didn't and the government looked the other way and the Gulf will pay for it.
No, this is the the way the story is being framed.

Why?

Because it makes all those other rigs in sensitive places look safe… All those trillion invested in them look safe.

The real truth is that similar accidents can happen at any time, to ANY of them. All it takes is that particular unfortunate conjunction of F-ups.

But that is true for everything. You make sure there are a minimal amount of errors and you still do it or else fear of Murphy would make certain you did nothing. Agoraphobia? Pantophobia? Don't take that shower because the floor of that bathtub is a lot less safe than that deep water drilling rig. (actually true) Don't get in that car it's a lot less safe than any jumbo jet. One death is a tragedy, a hundred is a statistic. I spill that oil on the floor (which I've done alot, been in those places where you work with lots of thick icky oil) and you go crazy with it. But what is a million gallons of oil in several quadrillion gallons of water? You clean it up and you use every method available. So far no one has in the Gulf.

I've worked with Murphy at my elbow a long time and it still has to be done. Think safety, live safety, your first mission is safety but shit will happen and you will have to take the necessary actions when it does. And they didn't going in and even now are really stomping on their dicks in the poor reaction to this.

MicMit
MicMit
Posted at

Here's my question about this entire damn thing, why is there all this bickering about who to blame, be it BP or bad government. BP has come forward that they do not understand why it is exactly this happened, and investigations are underway, yet we keep yelling at them for answers they simply don't have. Honestly, I feel bad for the BP ceo. He's a single person at the top of a giant corporation, he won't know anymore about the details of the event than Obama would know about the details of a town burning down. Yes, it's a terrible disaster but don't you think if either were in the place to know it was going to happen they would have stopped it?

At same time as everybody's getting mad at BP, they are also mad at Obama as if he should have been on the platform himself. It's a giant childish blame game!

Meanwhile, thousands of people are suffering from the oil spill and the wild life is being decimated. I could honestly care less about who's to blame. Now I was 10 when it happened so I can't verify this, but I don't remember this going on when 9/11 happened. I remember 24 hour coverage of people being pulled from rubble, firemen and police officers doing all they could to maintain order, and the everflowing help of millions of citizens doing everything they could.

We can figure out who's to blame after things stop dying.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I blogged about this:
http://kyupol.livejournal.com/47791.html
Holy god damn fuck.
Holy fucking god damn.
Let me save everyone the trouble of clicking his blog with a few intelligent quotes:
IT'S A CONSPIRACY THEORY
If you're an atheist who doesn't believe in the spiritual,
And the real threat is not the black oil but the different gases that escape from it that have names I can't even pronounce (sound like "sulfur" and "nitrogen'… I'm no chemist)

By the way, intelligent was written in MASSIVE sarcasm quotes.

Reizard
Reizard
Posted at

Obama called this another 9/11 or something like that.

A bit of an overexaggeration, eh, Barry?

Although I guess some of the really stupid 9/11 conspiracy believers would say it's related and the government's making an excuse to invade the UK.

Yeah well you see, there is obviously ann UFO that crashed there and the spilled oil MUST be the E.T.'s blood from all the carnage!

Feel free to LOL yourself anytime now.

Posted at

the note i think everyoner needs to make a point of talking about is that all the oil companies, all of the bastards had to come out when they were impressed upon to offer advice on how to deal witht his were forced to admit that none of them had any plan for the eventuality of this kind of shit going on.

you don't build something that big without a plan for it going all adam sandler on you and ruining everything. and yet they all do. they just expect the government to save their ass when their pretending like they run things gets them in the shit.

In terms of destruction of the sea bed and the little creepy fish critters It's the enviromental 9/11.
Then it's a good day to not be a sea bed or a creepy fish critt-

OH NO

this is the funniest thing i've seen al day. thanks chief.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

As a resident of one of the states on the gulf coast, I'd just like to set the matter straight. Yes we want those responsible for this mess to fix it and help clean it up. We would also like the media to stop blowing everything out of proportion. The Shrimping industry is going to be dead for the next several years and that just leaves us with the tourism industry. The media keeps showing pictures of oil on the beaches. We have no idea where they are getting those pictures because the oil is being cleaned up as it hits AND the bulk of the spill is about thirty miles out. I know this because my mom's boss was down there a couple of days ago. The mayors of most of the gulf states just want the media to stop sensationalizing the spill because it hurts the tourism industry and that is the only industry most parts of the coast have left.

So in short the media is making a mountain out of a molehill while ignoring the industry that's been hit the hardest.

MicMit
MicMit
Posted at

For those who might not be aware:

http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=203

Essentially reporters of any kind have been banned from getting anywhere near the oil spill at the risk of a fine of $40,000. Now I'm not a big conspiracy person but the governments reaction to the oil spill has seemed to me incredibly questionable, and now they are banning reporters from the scene for which there is no real explanation. You can't tell me that's not a little suspicious.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

My uncle is an engineer that specializes in off shore drilling. And I know it is not allowed for American companies are not allowed to drill in the gulf. Hence the reason that my uncle practically lives in Africa now. I know nothing about off shore drilling. Except for that.

Posted at

You cannot compare the Gulf Spill to 9/11.

Now, if Al Quaida managed to blow up a nuclear warhead in Manhattan and turned half the East Coast into a dead zone, then yes you can compare the Gulf Spill to that.

You think the Gulf is hard hit now, you ain't seen nothing yet (both humans and nature).

Al'Qaeda was created by the C.I.A. to give us another BOOGEYMAN. The C.I.A. brings in the drugs, hell, the military guards, helps harvest and brings in the opium from Afghanistan! They admitted it on Fox News and no one gave a crap. They even bombed their own pentagon to help fake us on 9/11 and move toward all this. The New World Order is nothing NEW… but it is being announced all over the place ans still no one hears it.

Inside job or not, the Gulf incident is being taken advantage of by those in power like always… "NEVER let a good crisis go to waste". So if you think you will walk away from this "disaster" with your butt intact, financially or otherwise, you've got another thing coming ;)

COREXIT. 'nuff said.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.