Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

My mother said if I made real food like pasta or even sandwiches, my male friends would love me more….she said cookies don't mean as much to them as things they can make a meal out of.
That just sounds like a good way to get every guy in the neighborhood to crowd around your house like lions at the zoo feeding time.

I myself would be absolutely ecstatic to be given any food by a girl. But then, cookies are my favorite treat and after learning I tend to make more biological weapons with a stove than actual food, I'm not picky if a girl is offering. Every guy has one food that is more appealing to him than anything else on earth.

Nothing says, "I like you" quite like handing a guy a plate of his favorite food. It's possibly one of the only cues we truly understand. We're dumb like that.

edit: Since I'm kind of playing a slightly less active role around the forums, you can catch me on AIM at mouichidou. I'm trying to avoid derailing everyone's threads here with the few posts I am making right now.

I must be ugly then…cause no one is getting the "I like you" cue from me with food… T-T…..sad face.

lba
lba
Posted at

I must be ugly then…cause no one is getting the "I like you" cue from me with food… T-T…..sad face.

Or the guys in your area are exceedingly thick. Which I think is more likely the case. Remember, this is the male gender we're talking about here. A group who's stupidity is world-reknowned.

Say, I've got some extra chowder in the fridge. Made it myself

Chowdaaaah
I dare say, that sounds a bit like flirting from you skool.

But if it's warm, I'm there.

Posted at

but shit's still pretty gay.

gay(adjective): lively, bright; merry, showy.

Why are you complaining?

(tongue in cheek) ;)

Oh, thank you. I try to ignore it, but I still get pissed when someone says "That's so gay" in negative terms. If I tried to get away with saying, "That's so Jewish" at something that irritated me at my job, I'd get fired. XD

Posted at

But getting back on topic, you really do need to tell her, "Look, you need to quit calling me if you're going to keep treating me like this. I need to move on because I don't like the way things stand right now." Then hang up.
People don't have the right to complain about the opposite sex if they're behaving like [expletives deleted], treating their loved one like dirt and have no intention of changing. Love is supposed to be love, and if you're miserable, it's toxic.

Did that even make sense? :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Say, I've got some extra chowder in the fridge. Made it myself

Chowdaaaah
I dare say, that sounds a bit like flirting from you skool.

But if it's warm, I'm there.
Unless her fridge is broken… not happening lol!

Pilgrim
Pilgrim
Posted at

i dont know my grandma always told me "the best way to get over someone new" she also liked to add in her little granny voice "and if that doesn't work try another one"

Oblivion28
Oblivion28
Posted at

Meh, you guys do so much after breaking up, then again, my last girlfriend was a playgirl who hit on me, so I guess having no feelings for her didn't effected me when I suggested we break up, neither did it effected her >_> She's my first girlfriend but oh well, I am in a relationship now though. I say one should just move on.

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

Unfortunately for me, I actually dyed my hair for the girl I was into, so when she broke it off, I was stuck with long jet black hair. The worst part was, I realllly liked my hair that way.
So being stuck with a constant reminder of what I could have had, I just drank alot (even more than I was :)). SO I guess I didn't deal so well with that one.
Luckily I met my wife a few weeks later, so I didn't have to bother with the whole 18 month "WHY GOD WHY!" so many of you seemed to have went through.
So I guess my recommendation for therapy is keep telling yourself that she left you so your "One" can find you.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

I go to the park and throw water balloons at the couples I see there. JK

Posted at

what is an "i like you" food? strawberry pie?

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

Are tacos an "I like you" food? What if the taco was from Taco Bell?

statikpunk
statikpunk
Posted at

Are tacos an "I like you" food? What if the taco was from Taco Bell?

Taco Bell is more of an I hate you "and" your colon food

I say HOOCH the cause of and answer to all of life's problems

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.