Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I need caffeine in my system or I will get an unbearable 'gnome-between-my-temples-with-a-pick-axe' headache. So, I have the usual two cups of coffee this morning, and now I discover my hands are shaking so much that I actually had to stop work on the Nancy update I was inking. Too much caffeine + pressure sensitive tablet = big f'ing mess.

Just thought I'd share. Let that be a warning to you, kids. Drugs are bad.

Posted at

so you're saying that the 5 or 6 cups of coffee i drink a day is the reason i can only drawn in pencil?

you know what? i don't believe you. In fact, I'm pretty sure your a damn dirty witch! Nobody speaks ill of coffee on my watch! BURN HER!!!!

XP

Posted at

Haha,I'm the exact same way. D: My breakfast usually consists of a can of soda. I can't wake up without it. People have tried to tell me that caffiene isn't addictive, but the headaches I get when I don't get my daily fix speak otherwise, lol.

Posted at

Um, I know exactly how you feel. I'm so saturated by this point that I doubt the addiction is curable.
Perfect example- yesterday the bean grinder in my store's coffee bar was pronounced 'broken' by the lady who works with it. I waited until she went somewhere else, snuck in and fixed it (blocked chute) so that I could get my moccaccino. Resourceful, but sad.

Posted at

I'm addicted to coffee. I just know it for sure. And I keep drinking it more and more. From one cup every sundaymorning it build up to 2 cups every single day. And lately it's even gone to 3 or 4 cups. I just can't resist. It doesn't give me any powerful effect or something, but I just don't feel complete anymore without having it. So it's a curse I believe.

Still I do find it tasty and I tend to tell myself it's the secret to being a creative person :P

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

People have tried to tell me that caffiene isn't addictive…

I have never met anyone who tried to claim that. That's just silly. I'm glad I'm not alone in this pathetic addiction, though.

I used to drink a lot of Coke… I was at about four cans a day. Then I realized how many empty calories that is, so I taught myself to stand the taste of diet, which I now prefer. I think the aspartame killed my tastebuds. But, of course, that stuff is really, incredibly bad for you, so I switched over to coffee (half a teaspoon of sugar and a whisper of milk.)

I NEED IT!

Posted at

Yeah, I know soda is horrifyingly bad for you, but I prefer it over the taste of coffee (I've never been able to develop a taste for it, no matter how hard I try). I drink tea sometimes too, but with the amount of sugar I dump into it, I'm not sure that it ends up being much better for me than soda in the long run, lol.

And yes, the people that have attempted claim caffiene isn't addictive were usually either a) addicted themselves and in denial or b) just not all that bright.

lol!

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Both.

I think this chart says it all:

Posted at

I never drank coffee until about 8 months ago, and then I had maybe a cup every 2 days… but a month ago it started making me feel sick to my stomach to drink (maybe because I had no other caffeiene in my diet most of the rest of the time) so… although I still like it, I can only drink it after I've eaten and I'm full, when I don't really want any. :/

Posted at

I'm drinking coffee right now too. I drink about four cups a day, regularly. But I don't think I'm addicted. I can do without or with decaf just fine. It's the taste that gets me. That delicious aroma that warms my soul. Ah… …I drink less in summer. I really like hot drinks, though.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I am a serious caffeene addict, i Drink this many energy drinks a day:

5 monster
6 Full throttle
10 Red bulls
5 Amp'd
1 Rockstar

and after that i just drink alchohol and solid foods.

for me caffeene is a gift, when Im all hyped up i get the work action and start drawing, and when im sugar crashed Ideas just keep popping into my head.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I used to drink a lot of coffee after long cycle rides… My muscles would be vibrating like… like something that vibrates a lot. So I gave it up. I only have the occasional cup now.

The funny thing is I just took two strong anticongestant pills with pseudoephedirine in them (because my cheeks are ACHING), and now my heart is beating extreemly fast. and I'm all twitchy. That feels so good when you haven't done it for a long time. :)

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

5 monster
6 Full throttle
10 Red bulls
5 Amp'd
1 Rockstar

for me caffeene is a gift, when Im all hyped up i get the work action and start drawing, and when im sugar crashed Ideas just keep popping into my head.

Ho-ly crap man… If I were you I would worry more about diabetes than any caffeine addiction o.O

Posted at

5 monster
6 Full throttle
10 Red bulls
5 Amp'd
1 Rockstar

Ho-ly crap man… If I were you I would worry more about diabetes than any caffeine addiction o.O

… Or a heart-attack.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

It's really unhealthy to have that much Glarg…

I have about 5-6 Coka Colas a day.
If I don't get caffeine, I die.

Pretty much all of the above.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I hate coffee. I dont' have a strong taste for Soda, and generally avoid it since it's such a simple way to cut out some really bad stuff from your diet…

So I take nodoz daily.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Oh wow, Is that off the counter stuff, Volte?

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Yeah… it's 200mg of caffeine in each pill. You can get it anywhere in the U.S…. gas stations, liquor stores, Target, etc…

I imagine it's a controlled substance in Canada though… isn't Caffeine illegal there or something?

Anyhow, it makes my day much better. I supposedly have what they are nowadays calling "A.D.D." and I find that caffeine has an equal effect to just taking the usually prescribed Ritalin, without turning me into a zombie.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Both.

I think this chart says it all:

That's a fantastic chart. I love the top. "God Sighted".

But like all drugs you really do come crashing down off of it. I really don't like coffee much. I fear for the day when surviving in our society means that you have to take caffeine every day to stay as productive as the companies want you to be. Maybe that day has already come in some part of the business world.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

That's a fantastic chart. I love the top. "God Sighted".

But like all drugs you really do come crashing down off of it. I really don't like coffee much. I fear for the day when surviving in our society means that you have to take caffeine every day to stay as productive as the companies want you to be. Maybe that day has already come in some part of the business world.

haha that day has totally come… or do you come from somewhere other than the U.S.A.? Even so… man caffeine has made so many positive differences in my life that I can't really complain about the downsides too much. I have accomplished so many things in my personal time with it that I never could have done otherwise… like DrunkDuck! :D

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Yeah… it's 200mg of caffeine in each pill. You can get it anywhere in the U.S…. gas stations, liquor stores, Target, etc…

I imagine it's a controlled substance in Canada though… isn't Caffeine illegal there or something?

Anyhow, it makes my day much better. I supposedly have what they are nowadays calling "A.D.D." and I find that caffeine has an equal effect to just taking the usually prescribed Ritalin, without turning me into a zombie.

Oh God, I know what you mean. I have "ADHD" and my medicine made me angry and not able to focus. I took something called concerta. I stopped taking it all together and just drank tons of coke. But if I can find these pills, that'd be amazing.

Thanks a ton.

Posted at

Ever since I started having heart problems, I've cut coffee from my diet. The combination of stress and any coffee related drink would shoot my heart rate up really high when I was in high school. It's been years though since that has happened so occasionally during the summer I indulge in some iced cappuccino.

Weirdly enough, tea doesn't have that same effect on me. My mother on the other hand would drink one cup of tea at dim sum and be awake all night.

I don't think caffeine in and of itself is banned in Canada but caffeine pills, I'm not sure. I do remember hearing though that if you really want to get an energy shock, you combine caffeine pills with Red Bull. I've always imagined my heart exploding soon afterwards though so I don't really suggest or advise that for anyone.

Whirlwynd
Whirlwynd
Posted at

I have one can of Coke a day with my lunch - I can get away with half a can a day so far, but anything less I really tired and headachey and just plain feeling sick by 2pm. I don't like being dependent on caffeine =( but so far nothing's worked in putting it all behind me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.