Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
AdHocFerox
AdHocFerox
Posted at

I average like 6 cup of coffee a day. Can't live without it

I used to drink in the double digits back in high school but I figured that wasn't to healthy, so I gave up the divine drink for almost a year.

long story short, I'm trying for moderation.

btw if you want to see how much will kill ya, this is a pretty cool calculating tool
http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

(I could drink 158.72 cups of Brewed Coffee before it gets lethal, apparently…)

anystar
anystar
Posted at

Oh dear god..I've been trying to cut back on coke, but like every junkie I end up climbing back on the wagon. I've limited to myself to a can a day (or glass, depending on if I eat out) for the most part, and I no longer keep soda in the house regularly. I drink applejuice instead. The applejuice has enough sugar to keep me awake and avoid some of the worse parts of coke detox, but not so much that I get too jittery/twitchy to sleep at night. Being a part-asian female, I'm at extremely high risk for osteoperosis/calcium deficiency/etc and recent studies have shown that coke/soda actually flushes the things your bones need to stay strong out of your system..it scared me enough to make me cut back. My Mom is always trying to get me to quit entirely, but …I think I'd like to take baby steps XD;

To quote an article my brother gave me on the subject of coca cola specifically: "They removed the cocaine from coca cola almost a hundred years ago. Why? Because it was redundant."

Posted at

So I take nodoz daily.
No-doz is sold over the counter here in Canada, you don't need a prescription, but you need to get it from a pharmacist, same as gravol… I can't believe you take one of those a day! I only take them when I work 15 hour shifts, and even then, they make me feel really odd. Not shaky or anything, just odd.

I have about 5-6 Coka Colas a day.
How do you not weigh 300 lbs?? Do you drink them while running full tilt on a treadmill, or something? lol!

Posted at

I have one can of Coke a day with my lunch - I can get away with half a can a day so far, but anything less I really tired and headachey and just plain feeling sick by 2pm. I don't like being dependent on caffeine =( but so far nothing's worked in putting it all behind me.

That sounds more like caffeine withdrawl than anything, look it up. Go without it for about 3 days and you will be fine again. :) Even a small amount of regular caffeine will change your physiology and brain chemistry, true coffee addicts can have terrible withdrawl symptoms while their body readjusts to a lack of caffeine. Try going for a walk at lunch instead of drinking caffeine - if you think you just need caffeine to stay awake, a little bit of getting up and moving around does the same thing as half a can of coke.

Also if you take extra strength tylenol or anything too, be sure and check the package. Some over the counter pain medicines have caffeine in them, because that can help boost the effects of the painkiller (for short periods of time).

Posted at

Both.

I think this chart says it all:

Awesome.
to go from zero to 4 cups…try a Triple shot iced mocha.
make sure the espresso is fresh.
should equal about 6 cups of coffee if it is done proper.
non milk n coffee drinkers—

Rockstar drink and the el cheap o walmart version—Rip it
both will speed you along your merry way.

red bull is robbery.

isukun
isukun
Posted at

I've been moving off of caffeine, lately. For most of my life, I've substituted caffeine for water, so it really has very little effect on me apart from making me burn out faster.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Caffene never really had an effect on me, even when I want it to. Drinking lots of diet coke before working all night is no problem, the rum IN the diet coke is the problem. I work at a bar.

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I can't handle rum in diet coke. The aspartame doesn't mask the rum flavor as well as sugar does.

Posted at

That's a good follow on question, what's are your symptoms when you quit drinking coffee?

Well, you probably already know you can get massive headaches. :) That's because caffeine normally constricts your veins, but with no caffeine, they are too wide and there is too much blood in your head. Many people also get nauseous, tired, irritable, anxious, or even depressed. A lot of people get disrupted sleep and have stomachaches too (I think because caffeine makes your stomach produce more acid in order to digest it, so when you don't have caffeine as usual, you have too much stomach acid).

So withdrawl can be pretty bad. However, if you're on coffee, you only increase your tolerance to it, so you always need more of it over time… which can give you ulcers, increases diabetes risk, anxiety problems, and things like irregular heartbeat.

So, my strategy is to stay away from caffeine normally, and only have some when I really need the boost badly. :) Getting up and walking around a bit usually gets rid of random tiredness, but I'll only have coffee or something if I've had a really bad night or a really long day that isn't over yet.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

So I take nodoz daily.
No-doz is sold over the counter here in Canada, you don't need a prescription, but you need to get it from a pharmacist, same as gravol… I can't believe you take one of those a day! I only take them when I work 15 hour shifts, and even then, they make me feel really odd. Not shaky or anything, just odd.

I have about 5-6 Coka Colas a day.
How do you not weigh 300 lbs?? Do you drink them while running full tilt on a treadmill, or something? lol!

I am teh high metabolism!

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

I would be a coffee addict, but the taste prevents me from drinking lots of it. I mean, the occasional cup is quite enjoyable for me, but too much of it I just feel gross.

That is, until someone invents coffee that tastes as good as it smells, and on that day, I am hosed. ;)

-W

Posted at

I wouldn't be here without caffeine.
And I wouldn't even dream of telling you how many pots of coffee I drink a day. lol!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I would be a coffee addict, but the taste prevents me from drinking lots of it. I mean, the occasional cup is quite enjoyable for me, but too much of it I just feel gross.

That is, until someone invents coffee that tastes as good as it smells, and on that day, I am hosed. ;)

-W

Frozen coffee drinks solved that problem for me.
I hate brewed hot coffee, but I'll kill someone for a Mocha Frappe

Posted at

Okay. That diagram just cracked me up. xD!

You see, I'd probably be sucking down coffee after coffee if I could… But I can't. Health-related stuff. ^^; My heart can't take it. D:

*Cries*

herio
herio
Posted at

Both.

I think this chart says it all:

whats good like Volte coffys god but whats better is vanlla ice creem and one strate shot off coffee the kind that comes in the litte cups you can see though time with an ice creem headache

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Im tired of coffee.

I like hot chocolate and french vanilla.

I'm immune to coffee already. i can still sleep.

dragonlova
dragonlova
Posted at

I use a syringe to inject myself with caffine daily. Works for me.

On bad days I use an I.V. drip.

Posted at

Coffee has become part of my identity- as is obvious by my self-portrait avatar ;) I drink at least two espressos and innumerable cups of filter/instant/greek coffee (I am continually with a mug in my hand or one at close proximity or I literally can't work, I feel insecure). I also drink one cup before I go to bed.

Somehow, it never impedes sleep. Nor does it cause my hands to shake. Or my nerves to be grated on (I work with kids and adults kids that teach the real ones).

It's without the coffee that the problems begin.

Posted at

OMG coffee is a must!!!!!

no insane killing rampage is good without that one cup of delicious german coffe ad then it's off with their heads ^^

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Red Bull + 2 Wonka Bars = OMFGLOLROFLMAO KAY?!? Uber LaSoR'd!

seriously i start twiching and stuff. Ah but Redbull has alot of Niacin in it, thats good for you right?

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Only kind of caffine intake i recieve is from those frappicinos at startbucks every month or so ^^; I used to down about 3-4 cups of coffee a day at work, but my hands started to shake alot :s so i slowed down on the intake. Just remember, moderation in all things ^~^

Posted at

Red Bull + 2 Wonka Bars = OMFGLOLROFLMAO KAY?!? Uber LaSoR'd!

seriously i start twiching and stuff. Ah but Redbull has alot of Niacin in it, thats good for you right?

no…

Redbull + jagermeister.

YiiEEEAAAARrrrrGH!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.