Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Bulgin
Bulgin
Posted at

My grandmother was going to teach me how to cook but she ended up having to go to the hospital due to cancer. I decided to teach myself to make her proud. Now cooking always makes me think of her so I do it quite often and it always tastes great, though it tends to look none to edible. And damned if my chili wont burn a hole right through ya. :D

Posted at

I love cooking, and I do think I'm quite good at it. ^_^ Specialities include my own recipe for salmon which has converted even people who don't like salmon, and from-scratch burgers. I have a special way of turning steak into burgers that makes them to die for. :D Hubby is addicted, at least. ^_^

The only way I'll eat ground beef if if I do it myself- that's what inspired that. I like to see what my food is made of.

We do a lot of our own food. Our home made chicken stock (made from a whole chicken and a bunch of veggies) is poured into ice cube trays and frozen… a handful of our "stock cubes" melted in a pan makes a wonderful gravy at short notice.

We've also taken to making cookies for people as presents. ^_^ Hubby made some yesterday to give to a workman in his lab as a thankyou for fixing something important. Of course, wanting to look more manly, he told the guy I made them. ;)

He's VERY good at steaks. I let him handle those, just so I can die of delicious steak. :D

Mmmm. Food.

Sub Zero
Sub Zero
Posted at

NOT, AT, ALL, that is unless ur counting microwaveable foods, then yes.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

For someone my age, I think I'm a pretty good cook. Since I was little, I've watched my mom cook (she's amazing at it) and I've learned a lot of techniques. I also like to watch cooking shows and I can memorize recipies without writting it down. I'd say my specialty is breakfast food. My mom says I make the best omelettes and my dad really likes my breakfast sandwiches.

I'm set for when I go to college next fall. :D

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

I can cook. I come from the experimental school of cooking.
I have a good palette for what would be good with other things.
I can take a normal premade dish and kick it up 10x!

Dan
Dan
Posted at

My ramen can make others cry.

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

hmmm >.> Well I can make Mexican rice, Enchiladas, hamburgers, pasta based stuff, and loads of other stuff.

So yeah I can cook pretty good like a common Cooking momma (well male version >.>)

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
Posted at

I do a lot of baking. I'm thinking of opening a bakery too. I make pies, cakes, breads, tons of sweats. Which is pretty funny since I don't eat any.

Miruku
Miruku
Posted at

I *can* cook, but I have no patience, so I usually will either set the heat too high to try to get it to cook faster or I'll go sit down and not pay attention to whatever it is I'm cooking. If I'm the only one eating it, it doesn't really bother me as long as it's edible. My cooking strategies make my roommate cringe. She tries to instruct me…I don't really take instruction too well…

But if I actually bother to follow the recipe, or if I'm baking most anything, then it usually turns out rather well.

Gosh, I'm lazy!

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Once, after freezing this Capri Sun thing for a long time, I got thirsty, so I took it out of the freezer, and put it in the microwave to thaw it out. After 3 seconds in the microwave, I saw what looked like blue lightning strike the Capri Sun, and I immediately took it out.

I'm not good right now, but I have plenty of time to get better.

…I can boil a mean batch of noodles

Posted at

i can cook…sorta.

meh.

Posted at

I can, but I always have to take a look at the manuel 'how to cook' in my book of Cooking… because I always forget. ^^''

Posted at

Cook???? ummmm……. is that when i put the little pouch in that heater bag thingy….

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.