Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*
AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

King, I would like to say thank you for organising this for a third time, without delay or flaw. These remixes are fun!

Posted at

Sign ups are officially closed! The final list is up now so if you're waiting till the last minute to submit your blackball, nows that time. it's 9:40 US Eastern Standard Time. If you're going to do a blackball I'll need to know by noon!

Posted at

Ooh! I got–
Oh, wait, yeah, whoops! Almost broke a big rule there!

Posted at

Alright, I'm a day ahead of schedule, all the assignments have been sent out! If you haven't received one please give me a heads up so I can get you your assignment ASAP.

If you have any questions or concerns about your assign ment please PQ me. DONT POST THEM HERE

*phew what a day*

Posted at

Just a reminder that the due dates for your remix is only 2 weeks away!

I'm sendin out PQ's this afternoon

Posted at

Hey all, I definately have some extra work that needs to be done.

Please PQ me if you're able to help!

Thanks!

Posted at

Mine Is done, and it's been sent in!
I can't wait to see what someone's done with mine!

Posted at

Finished mine yesterday and sent it in.

I did terrible…

can't draw humans.

Posted at

Well you should've drawn it in a way that you enjoyed it.

Thats kinda the point…

Posted at

I am going to wait for the afterparty in the Comic Remix forum to go into the fun around making my page, but I must say here I really felt excited with it! It was a challenge in some ways.

Posted at

Well you should've drawn it in a way that you enjoyed it.

Thats kinda the point…

Meh… I didn't feel like being different.

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

I've come up with a really crazy idea. It might be a little hard to do, but I think it might be interesting.

Ultimate Comic Remix

It involves three people, the person who wrote the original comic, a chooser, and a drawer (all three are entered into the contest).

Basically, the chooser is told the title of the comic and the artist to send their chosen page to.

Now here's the trick: After the chooser picks the page, they send only the script for the page to the drawer (No pictures, just words) without telling the artist which comic it came from. The artist then takes it from there and draws the page.

Well, sound like crazy fun?

Posted at

Ultimate Comic Remix

It involves three people, the person who wrote the original comic, a chooser, and a drawer (all three are entered into the contest).

Basically, the chooser is told the title of the comic and the artist to send their chosen page to.

Now here's the trick: After the chooser picks the page, they send only the script for the page to the drawer (No pictures, just words) without telling the artist which comic it came from. The artist then takes it from there and draws the page.

It's not a bad idea. But i dunno what poor sap would be willing to organize it. The organization to the remix is pretty brutal without the extra step. Plus its hard enough gettng some people to supply just art, let alone art AND a script for someone else to draw.

I can't begin to tell you how many hours I spend just making the non-ultimate Comic Remix run smoothly. It's a good thing I don't have anyone over my shoulder at work, lemme tell yas.

Posted at

It's not a bad idea. But i dunno what poor sap would be willing to organize it. The organization to the remix is pretty brutal without the extra step. Plus its hard enough gettng some people to supply just art, let alone art AND a script for someone else to draw.

I can't begin to tell you how many hours I spend just making the non-ultimate Comic Remix run smoothly. It's a good thing I don't have anyone over my shoulder at work, lemme tell yas.

I don't think the third person is supposed to write a script- i think they're just the one to choose the page and send the words on to the artist. It would remove any preconceptions about what was originally on the page, which might make the results more interesting. :) Still though, organizing a third person…

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

I don't think the third person is supposed to write a script- i think they're just the one to choose the page and send the words on to the artist. It would remove any preconceptions about what was originally on the page, which might make the results more interesting. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. They write down the script from the page they chose, using "Person #1" and "Person #2" (Or another appropriate general noun with a number) and send just the script.

Still though, organizing a third person…
That's also why I didn't go ahead and make an "Ultimate Comic Remix" thread. I think it might be fun, but we ought to limit the number of entries like DD Fusion does. It would probably be easier to manage. Maybe I'll try experimenting with it later.

As for today, the collage went up and I have no idea what mine looks like! All I got to see was a BOX!!

marine
marine
Posted at

Ultimate Comic Remix

I could help out organizing it. Course, I'd like to participate so someone could see the excessive penis scripts that I do.

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

I personally would like the challenge of someone sending only the script to me to draw. Kinda like a "Blind Ante" or something. I think that the author of the first comic should pick their favorite comic and send a detailed script into the organizer who would then randomize and give it out to someone else. The fun thing about this is that everyone has no choice but to totally revision the page.

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

I'm ready to sign up for the 4th round now.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Great remix, it was a lot of fun. Most pages were full of creative thinking and great art. (..except ONE remix that was just plain insulting to everyone..)

I'd be up for another remix for sure.

Wills42
Wills42
Posted at

I would like to sign up with 'Barely Listening'. (ignore the MS paint pages that are around the middle of the comics lifespan, the rest are good, though)

Posted at

Sorry Wills, this one has been over since last August, check the date of the post above yours :)

The original organizer has said he doesn't have enough time to run another one- so until someone else wants to step in, there won't be another one

Posted at

There was actually four rounds of the Comic Remix you pulled up an extra old post

Wills42
Wills42
Posted at

This is the part where I blame the medicines for not making me pay attention… And then run away…

Wow, this was at the bottom of the first page, how much does this board update?

Now I feel stupid. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up…

Posted at

Wow, this was at the bottom of the first page, how much does this board update?

Haha, not a lot I guess :) Sorry this wasn't currently running for you to join in on :/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.