Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ProfessorF
ProfessorF
Posted at

Thanks for all of the hard work! I can't wait to see all of the finished projects!

Posted at

Sign me up with Brokk Bloodaxe and the Hellsword if it is not too late. Thanks

Posted at

Sorry, assignments have already been handed out. But I'll give you a heads up if theres a dropout

LilyRose
LilyRose
Posted at

If anyone is still paying attention to this thread…

I just had some thoughts after reading through all of the archives of the previous remix, and so I thought I'd put it out there, so… just take it in the spirit it was intended, just a thought.

Something that I noticed in the "remixes", was that quite often the remix artist aimed at more or less reproducing the original page, not just textually, but in terms of panels, layout, character poses, etc.

So what the finished project turned out to be was a version of the original page done in the remix artists' style.

But occasionally you saw something different, and that was what I found most interesting. That was when the remix artist pushed the envelope, and while remaining true to the text (except for a few cases), really re-visioned the entire page, giving the exact same text an entirely new slant or perspective, or, in some cases, an entirely new meaning altogether.

So… I just wanted to put it out to everyone dong a remix this time around… consider really doing something wild, ya know? Think about the parameters of the project: all you have to do is keep the text. It says nothing about being true to the spirit of the original, or respecting the original's main point, or even using the same characters. You can literally do anything as long as you keep the text. That's it.

Seems to me a great opportunity to see different people's imaginations really running wild. And isn't that at least part of what this kind of thing is about?

thanks for listening.

Posted at

I agree wholly, thats why terminal's and whirlwynd's remixes were a couple of my favorites. They really changed the pacing, the camera angles, the and really the FEEL of the whole thing, which is really the point of the project.

FAL
FAL
Posted at

Damn! if only I had more pages finished…

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Two things.
one: i just sent you my page. hope you got it, King.
two: if I don't get anything AGAIN, imma slap someone upside the head.

specifically KingofSnake.

:)

Posted at

Just a request guys, because I'm steamrolled. Can I get a PQ with the deadline for the page? Just so that I don't let anyone down by forgetting. Thanks!

F_Allen
F_Allen
Posted at

this sounds like an awesome idea, i havent got 20 pages though on dream music?

Posted at

This round is almost over anyway, keep an eye out for the next one!

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

I went visited all the pages of the people who said they would participate this round in hopes of finding out how was remixing my comic, but came up empty handed. But while I was going around, I noticed that ALOT of people haven't updated their own comics in a long time.

With this in mind, how many of us shouldn't expect a remix?

Posted at

I wouldn't be pessimistic. Maybe they are lagging because they are making other projects ;) Besides, there were not too many who dropped out of the first one, and there is a good list of those up for double duty should the need arise. I'd be confident to claim everyone will get a remix.

Right, kingofsnake? :)

Posted at

I'm only waiting on eight remixes now, and most of them are from people I'd call reprutable. I'll probably know if I need any last minute work done in the next couple days.

Rydel, you shouldn't be trying to ruin the surprise for yourself anyway. You only have a little while left to wait before the comic remix site is updated with EVERYONE'S remix.

A couple people have been jumping the gun and posting them on their own sites *cough* not that it's a big deal, and I'm totally cool with people doing whatever they want with them AFTER the release date, but before, well, it kinda ruins the surprise.
Like how christmas day is way less fun if on christmas eve you peak into all your presents.

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

Oh, sorry for jumping the gun. While I was going through the pages I noticed a few so I thought it was ok. My bad! ^_^

Posted at

Hey everyone, they got my accounts page working again, just wanted you all to know I think I've fixed all the broken links and downed images and everything.

PQ me if you see something I've missed though

Posted at

Hey everyone, they got my accounts page working again, just wanted you all to know I think I've fixed all the broken links and downed images and everything.

PQ me if you see something I've missed though

Posted at

Hey guys,

It looks like I MAY have one dropout. It's still unconfirmed, but if so, can anyone do an extra strip all last minute like?

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

Aw, who dropped out so I can go kick their ass. =P

Posted at

Nope! they pulled through at the last minute, we're all good

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

This round was simply amazing. There were some really great entries.

I was wondering if I couldn't go ahead and RSVP a seat in the next round. I work such crazy hours now, I'm afraid I might miss the posting of the topic when it happens.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.