Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What do you guys think of the new www.comicspace.com?
-my page

It's an interesting development by the guy that does the Onlinecomics site. I don't like MySpace very much though and at the moment the Comicspace site just reminds me of that, or possibly Dev-art without the content. It could be a great webcomic networking and resource tool if they could merge it with some of the functionality of Onlinecomics (which I find quite impersonal on its own). Yeah so, it looks like it could be a great resoure, but currently it's just a networking tool…

It'd be great if DD did something a little like that with our profile pages… ;)

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I'm always impressed with Josh's work on that site. I'd also like to see something like that for DD.

dragonlova
dragonlova
Posted at

Hey guys,

We saw the posting about this new site actually just today. And actually, if you guys are interested, Drunk Duck now has a myspace page for all us DDers to network, etc, and get our work out there even more broadly, check it out here and add us if you like: :)

www.myspace.com/drunkduckcomics

It's nice to see a few familiar faces on there already. :)

I've noticed a few people taking their comics to myspace to use myspace as a tool to promote it in the comics world. Infact, over the past week I've been doing some lurking around on there and I am amazed at the huge comics community growing….. awesome!

p.s. I'm not giving away who the people in the top row are on the page…. *chuckle*

josif
josif
Posted at

It will be good when you can actually do something on it…

dragonlova
dragonlova
Posted at

P.S. there are talks about making more of a "profile" available on DD in the near future, so hang tight kids. We welcome all your suggestions though. :D

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I think it's funny.
It's fun to see all the comic artists being all networky.
No one really knows what's going on.

So far I think it has a lot of potential!

Everyone add each other!

Posted at

this could all go so wrong so fast…but it'll be fun in the meantime.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I'm really surprised at how quickly this service is growing for not really offering anything at the moment. Hell, I even have one.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I'm scared to get involved with anything that resembles myspace. Maybe I'll wait for DD to get profile pages.

Posted at

We saw the posting about this new site actually just today. And actually, if you guys are interested, Drunk Duck now has a myspace page for all us DDers to network, etc, and get our work out there even more broadly, check it out here and add us if you like: :)

www.myspace.com/drunkduckcomics

For a moment, I thought that was a ComicSpace account so I was searching for it and wondering why it's not working for me. ^^;;;

I don't have a myspace account myself but I am curious about how ComicSpace is going to turn out. So far it seems like there are two types of people out there: the people who are there to network and would add everyone and their grandmother. Then there are the people who add just their friends.

And I'm just going to join the choir and say it would be really cool to see something like this on DrunkDuck. :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I plan on adding mostly friends. :)
It's great when they add you first though!
There are quite a few people going around just adding EVERYONE though… That's getting a bit tiring.

Posted at

Haha! I got one just now. Mostly because I hope it just turns into some type of "We all know eachother, so it's like a comic peace place."
http://www.comicspace.com/mechanical_lullaby/

yeah I hope it will. but if it turns out to be too much like myspace… then ugh.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hmmm. When someone requests an add now, I check them out first if I don't know them. If they have 300 or so "firends" then I just leave them hanging. It's not going to be a useful networking tool if I have to wade through heaps of opportunists in my list in order to find the people I'd actually like to talk to.

Posted at

^^; I…joined as well. I figure it can't hurt to do a little networking. Of course, I joined before I'd read this thread(I need to check the forums more often, I s'pose). It seems interesting, and if I can figure out how to look professional, I can use it as an official "reference site" for my comics.

…Yes, I DO have a tendency to babble. Why do you ask?

Posted at

With the flurry of friend linking since it came online this week I have this funny mental image of artists just running around a room, grabbing others and screaming in their face, "FRIEND ME!".

Oh, http://www.comicspace.com/hauntedpixel [/whore]

Mojo
Mojo
Posted at

We've been toying with the idea of significantly enhancing profiles for members here on the Duck, but didn't want it to turn into a MySpace thing.

What do you guys think a profile page on DD should have?

And what should it not have?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What do you guys think a profile page on DD should have?

And what should it not have?
Should have:
I think that it should have space for one small bio pic (in addition to the normal avatar and be no bigger than 200 pix 350 pix), and a short bio of maybe, say 400 characters max?
Apart from that there should be space for no more than 3 links (to anywhere), and of course the users comic thumbnail links and PQ icon link.
That's all.

Shouldn't have:
Keep it as far from Myspace as possible… ie. no backgrounds, no music, no customisable template, no friendlists etc.

That's just my thoughts on things. It's rather spartan, but the way I look at it, you can put all the extra stuff into your comics and comic pages- where you should put it anyway on a comic site- and your communication needs are more than adequately addressed through the forums, comic comments and PQ system.

Posted at

I agree with ozoneocean to a point. I think that you should be able to establish comics that you reccommend(though keep it to around 5-10 as a limit), or list authors/artists that you are either friends with/reccommend. Not necessarily a "FRIEND ME!!" type friend list, but as a sort of additional networking thing.

I could be wrong…~.~;

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.