Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Compliment the Comic Belonging to the Person Above You!!

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Yet another artist who is better at drawing in black and white than I am hehe, nice. Great little details, the clothing imparticular looks great.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

VERY creepy stuff. I looked through all of it and I liked how at first it wwas just a dream, but it got creepierz.

Dark… but cool.

Valid Soul
Valid Soul
Posted at

Very wacky and wild, and uses Paint well to express it's maniacal and random nature…in a good way.

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

Pretty crazy sprite designs. Love the color theme. And the fire shoulderpads. Good use of integreting them with props.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

The first thing that caught my eye was the art and the spiffy html you have going on.

I love the dog designs, and I've got my interest sparked enough to go and look at the rest. :-3

Posted at

While I like the dark and moody art, I have to say "be careful" with lighting especially on the second page. The only visible light source is the hanging light but the rest of the picture is bright while shadows are being cast on his midsection which makes it seem off.

Still, even with no lettering yet (whether it's intentional or part of the story, whatever) I like what's going on… something about an alchoholic ogre remembering his wedding day being interrupted by elven hunters? You get an extra 50 points from me because I have a "thing" for stories where monsters are the main characters :D

Thanks for taking a look. I havent done the lettering yet because I'm lazy. heh.

Those are supposed to be a troll military. In the story the Trolls = muslim extremists, Ogres=Armenians, Elves(who show up later)=indian, and there are other creatures to represent the middle east too. Anyway, the country is attacked by Monsters=terrorist, and our Ogre is mistaken for one of them.

*edit*

Nadya, has very fine art indeed. Very moody designs. I like how you ended it.

sobergoose
sobergoose
Posted at

When I looked at your most recent comic, I was initially overwhelmed- there was so much going on, so much drama in the use of color and layout, but I didn't know where to start. Then I went back at the archives, and I got a chance to understand the Ogre's character through your earlier drawings. I went back to the most recent strip after getting a feel for the character, and spent a little more time on it, and I was surprised by how well each panel expanded on the story. So, what you're doing is sort of like a Frankenstein flashback, years later? Well, I'm impressed.

Posted at

When I looked at your most recent comic, I was initially overwhelmed- there was so much going on, so much drama in the use of color and layout, but I didn't know where to start. Then I went back at the archives, and I got a chance to understand the Ogre's character through your earlier drawings. I went back to the most recent strip after getting a feel for the character, and spent a little more time on it, and I was surprised by how well each panel expanded on the story. So, what you're doing is sort of like a Frankenstein flashback, years later? Well, I'm impressed.

Your first page cracked me up. haha.

Yeah, Ogre is a visit to the past but the story progresses in the present too. He goes to work, he gets mistaken for someone he isnt. Theres a fight. He goes to jail. Sad stuff. Its based on something that happened to someone i know. Kinda.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I think Ogre is fascinating thus far. I hope you don't mind artistic comparisons because I do recognize this as a unique style of its own. Still, I see some artistic elements that remind me of Bill Sienkiewicz's realistic renditions and colors – think "Moon Knight," "New Mutants" and his painting collaboration on the "Elektra Assassin" limited series. And anyway, there's just something too cool about an Ogre in professional business attire!

Man, I'm determined to show the world my age, aren't I? :)

Posted at

I think Ogre is fascinating thus far. I hope you don't mind artistic comparisons because I do recognize this as a unique style of its own. Still, I see some artistic elements that remind me of Bill Sienkiewicz's realistic renditions and colors and Frank Miller's pencils circa 1980's Daredevil. And there's just something too cool about an Ogre in professional business attire!

We were kind of going for a Dave Mckean vibe, but I'm sure my artist will love the comparisons made. heh. Actually, now that I think about it, the script I wrote referenced some of Bill Sienkiewicz arent specifically.

I read due east a few days ago, Good stuff. I rather enjoyed what was going on with it. I like the fact that you draw people. You dont get into the BS about how people "should" look. You draw people how they do.

marine
marine
Posted at

I looked through ogre, and while there aren't enough pages for me to really judge the story, the artwork is phenomenal. Its easily one of the best looking webcomics I've seen on drunk duck. The contrast between panel to panel is amazing. Every piece of artwork has this amazing texture to it that most comics neglect to create. Very interesting design of the main character (assuming the "ogre" from the title is the main protagonist. Very nice looking stuff. Can't wait to figure out whats going on though. It seems like its got an interesting "no words" kind of silent comic approach. Having dabbled with doing stuff where there is no text myself, I can admit that such feats are a challenge.

Posted at

My envy of paint and airbrush effects. After reading your comic I've been applying some of your lineless techniques in my own work.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Very interesting premise, methinks…

I think the coloring and art style is very dreamy. I also like the way the story is being told, like the first person journal.

Rainyday2
Rainyday2
Posted at

Exquisite shading. You have a gift for that. And the story is good too. I like how you have your own individual style. It's not manga, americanized, cartoon…it's something different. I like it.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Your comic is just plain adorable. I follow it regularly. The young main character and talking cat are a different sort of cast. I love all the cute facial expressions too.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I was impressed by your mastery of comics.
By this I mean that when you decided to seperate pannels, and what the pannels showed inhanced the whole feel very much.
Cool comic.

Posted at

i envy yer mspaint skillz
"juiiiice!"

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Wow, insanely good coloring. Awesome.

EHJones
EHJones
Posted at

I like the stark art style of yours. The black and white with very few shades of gray really increases the ickiness of the… whatever it is… that's coming out of the shadows. Especially the whole gooey drippy thing you've got going on with that… whatever it is… LOL

Next person to look at ours, sorry, can't get the banner to work, but here's a link:

http://www.drunkduck.com/ringofauberon

Posted at

great pencil work and shading
cool realistic style

Posted at

I just love the nice painterly style of your comic, and the way you handle the narration with the letters curving around the art has always impressed me. It's so much fun to watch your art style evolve and improve over the course of the comic, too. I love seeing that kind of progress.

marine
marine
Posted at

Very nice layouts and artwork. If I had time to read it, I would. Lot of animal people running around too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.