Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Copyright Violation -- Legal Advice and Support Needed, Please

Dregs
Dregs
Posted at

Dude, if they ban nick, I am totally pulling my comics from DD…

oh wait, I haven't updated in like two months…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Why the heck is it that no one seems to have read this post? It has to be the most sane and intelligent thing I've read in this whole stupid thread.

Why? Because he RAN AWAY. I don't read posts from a cut-n-runner.

Black Dove
Black Dove
Posted at

Cheeko I know how you feel… Its not right…

olinn
olinn
Posted at

am i the only one who finds it odd that EEN and cheeko are mutual friends? they're on each others friends list, that makes this kinda look like an aprils fools joke.

if this is not an aprils fools joke then i suggest that you just share the credits for both characters (both say that the credit goes to EEN and cheeko for designs) wouldn't that solve things?

i mean didn't you both have a hand in creating the charateristics of both darts?

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I think y'all are both over reacting just a tad. Just a wee smidgen. Just…cool down for like 2 secs.

breathe

Posted at

Bwah?!?!?

Hey I spent hours working on those sprites for civil war! I'll have you know your sprite started out life as a monster from FF6 (3 american). It takes a lot of work to put together something like that. And the animation! Don't get me started on how hard it was to animate that thing. You…you just don't understand art!!!!!

Lets be real here, did you ever own a ghost buster toy in the 80's? Do you know what made that toy different from any other squirt gun or nerf blaster? The sticker that said "Ghost Busters". Slapping one extra design makes all the difference.

Please compare EEN's character and the final design in the top right corner:

These two masks are almost exactly the same, with the exception of the removal of the tongue and the tufts of hair and EEN's "special design", and according to EEN, this makes all of the difference. HOWEVER, according to the US copyright law of the United States, which EEN falls under (he lives in Chicago), he has committed an act of copyright infringement. Don't believe me? Then
DO THE READING YOURSELF
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

o and this is a low blow
Besides if I wanted to be a jerk I could just let an important question from 1 Question slip…..

*Gasp*

P.S. This whole ting depends on how this deal was made(and voided) last year, and since I was neither of the two parties attending, I cannot say how this deal was terminated.

Posted at

… Just 'cause he was a cut-and-runner doesn't mean he's not right… And I think that to go one-on-one with each other with a referee on hand is definitely the best way to sort things out right now, infantile though my opinion may be. Now, I am not a terribly huge fan of EEN, though he is spouse to my favorite artist, but that doesn't give you guys the right to call him these horrible, horrible names. Sure, free speech and all that, but I don't think it's right to be this crude. Then again, I have no knowledge of his history, so do explain where I can find these many almost-copywrite violations. I am most eager to see what you guys are yelling about. Most apologetic if I offended anyone, namely EEN, but both Night School and One Question are very close to me, and I felt the temptation to throw in my two cents. Sorry if I hit anyone in the head with them.

Wrenmisty
Wrenmisty
Posted at

tee hee, I'm a girl. I'm also very much of the opinion that this is all a joke. XD I would have deleted my post but I thought it might bring someone some help.
I really doubt Cheeko would act this way if it were real, and going so far to put a notice up in at least three places… also, as someone said they have been friends.I also doubt internet restaining order, though real, is a civic right.

I do congradulate them on pulling it off rather well, having the forsight to comment about it days ahead. I also think some of the mods are in on it too.
All will be revealed… tomorrow.

c_arnold
c_arnold
Posted at

Is this an April Fool's joke?

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

April fools! Good one lol, ozone's posts gave it away for me, otherwise I would have believed it.

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

HAI GUYS.

MWAHAHAHAHA

To clarify a few things, this entire thing was Nick's idea, and he approached me with it. Yes, he actually suggested that I accuse him of copyright violations and call him nasty names. Amelius also drew those "final concept" images of Happy Lucky Cat Dart, or whatever his name is.
A "good for you" pat on the head for those who figured it out right away, and another big "thank you" nod to those who offered their support and research into the matter, even if it was a fabricated one!
I think the admins also deserve a big high five for their cooperation. Thanks for not banning us, guys!

A very happy April Fools Day to you!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

April fools! Good one lol, ozone's posts gave it away for me, otherwise I would have believed it.
Yeah, bullsh*t. :P

I'd have written exactly that if it was a real situation. And I do when it happens… Apart form mebee one of those posts… You haven't been around here long, have ya? :)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Wait, it was an April Fools joke????

Now I'm angry. Everybody is getting banned.

just kidding!

Wrenmisty
Wrenmisty
Posted at

It was fun.

But my coffee is is still cold and that is not cool!
I am on my way to the microwave would you like me to warm it for you? lol

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I knew this was april fools all along.

I SAW THROUGH THIS WHOLE CONSPIRACY!!! lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You do realise Cheeko's a reptoid right? Look at her avatar. ;)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

You do realise Cheeko's a reptoid right? Look at her avatar. ;)

Yeah that was one of the things I noticed.

Also take note of the evil emperor… meaning Evil empire.

I NOTICED THE REPTILIAN - EVIL EMPIRE CONNECTION RIGHT THERE!!!

lol!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

… I also noticed the whole problem-reaction-solution setup going on behind the scenes.

The site-wide conspiracy to ban everybody!!! With Ozone and Spang working behind the scenes while distracting everyone's attention to this little distraction.

Clearly a classic example of creating a movie version of reality to dumb down the masses while executing a secret plan within plan within plan.

Like what kakashi sensei said:

That a true ninja sees underneath the underneath.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Yeah, bullsh*t. :P

I'd have written exactly that if it was a real situation. And I do when it happens… Apart form mebee one of those posts… You haven't been around here long, have ya? :)
Christ why does everything I say need to be taken out of context because your issues with other TD'ers? I meant it in an innocent way Ozone. >(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

TD people give me crabs =/

That a true ninja sees underneath the underneath.
I can see your undies.

Posted at

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Xbox's prank was funnier and didn't involve completely fooling its gullible brother *-.-
http://ebm.email.xbox.com/c/tag/hBH8jIeAlyGDmB496ucB3fQpKnW/doc.html?i_footer=2

Posted at

HAI GUYS.

MWAHAHAHAHA

To clarify a few things, this entire thing was Nick's idea, and he approached me with it. Yes, he actually suggested that I accuse him of copyright violations and call him nasty names. Amelius also drew those "final concept" images of Happy Lucky Cat Dart, or whatever his name is.
A "good for you" pat on the head for those who figured it out right away, and another big "thank you" nod to those who offered their support and research into the matter, even if it was a fabricated one!
I think the admins also deserve a big high five for their cooperation. Thanks for not banning us, guys!

A very happy April Fools Day to you!

Someone will die for this, and it is most likely going to be someone unrelated to this whole affair, but that is how I roll. (Downhill…)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

OH SH-!
I better call the laywer to stop the proceedings!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.