Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Daylight Savings Tommorow! One extra hour to sleep!

fourobs
fourobs
Posted at

more time to do comics oh wait more scanner time nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Threads can go on as long or as short as we want ^_^

In Australia we only do Daylight savings over the spring/summer. We put the clocks forward for it, and back when it's over…
In my state people have always hated it and every time there's been a vote on it, it's been soundly squished!

But 2 years ago our state government forced it on us for a three year "trial", we weren't allowed to vote this time. :(

Mainly it's just a pain in the bum, a totally, completely, unnecessary, stupid, idiotic artifice…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

A poor reason for then and a non-existent reason for now? :)

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

no it was for time covertion between summer and winter. So everyone should use, it's a little hard for me to explain today (no meds for my autism and ADHD today)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, we don't need it. the measure of time is an artificial construction… Personally I think we should get rid of time-zones all around the world and just have one single time… May as well all be on GMT. :)

What time the clock says doesn't really affect how you feel or how dark it is, it's just a way for us to co-ordinate as a community and organise things. It'd be even easier if we all had one single time to do that to. I don't mean that everyone would have to all wake and sleep at the same time, you can do that when it's light and dark still, you just all use the same clock time for reference.

Yeah, daylight saving is about the earth tilting away or toward the sun in certain seasons and days getting longer or shorter and trying to adjust for that. But it only works if you really strongly tie into the conceit of measuring your day by the clock and relating that to how dark or light it is at the time. Very old fashioned… Especially when you think how work times are more flexible now, the world is more "global", the shops are open earlier and later anyway, you can even watch your fave TV shows any time you like because of tivos and DVDs etc.
So daylight savings time becomes utterly irrelevant. Just a nuisance.

The only reason our state government forced it on us is so businesses in the West wouldn't fall from being two hours "behind" the Eastern states to three hours when they went into daylight savings. You see? Co-coordination. That's what it's about. :(

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Thank you for explaining that for me, you just said what I wanted to say. time zones are there to set an organized time for sunset and sunrise. DLST is there to make sure of the amount of time between makes sense, also it to adjust for the amount of light you have in the daytime.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

You got out of that one easily enough,

Ok, I'll stop now.

Posted at

Also its so you can get an extra hour sleep, or in the other case- 1 hours less sleep

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.