Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Did You or Would You Make Your Drunk Duck story into a film

Posted at

Did you, would you, could you, should you make your Drunk Duck comic into a film? With the electronic simplicity to make your story available to most anyone via the World Wide Web it's now equally easy and economical to make an independent film to be shown using the same venue. Would you take your comic idea to the next level and try your story in film format? Would you try your hand at it or get a collaborator? Would you let evil Hollywood (I say this in jest) take a crack at it?

Posted at

We've been over this before…yes, we have decided we're all sell-outs.

Speaking of this though, I need to get back to work on my animation. <_<
Didn't know this was a rehash. My apologizes. And I thought I was getting all original!

YEAH! I would sell also. I love money.

Posted at

i think mine would make a better long-running cartoon series than animated film. it would take a ridiculously high budget to do live action, though, otherwise it would be… campy, and probably actually funny as hell. xD i wouldn't let hollywood touch it though. they're monsters. independent film for the win!

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I'm willing to sell to Uwe Boll if it means it can be made into film.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Well, if it was Warriors of the Night, then sure. Let's see, Johnny Depp would play Damien, Jessica Biel as Cassie, Hugh Jackman as Cain, Kiera Knightley as Terma Christopher Walker as Samuel, Hugo Weaving as Drake and the fight between Cassie and Terma at the beginning would go for longer and involve a lot more clothes ripping.

Yeah, I'm a sellout, but so what? As long as they don't completely rape it like the Harry Potter movies, I'm cool with that

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Eh, probably not. If we're talking Hollywood, they'd screw it up through all manner of dubious creative intent, merchandising, and legalese.

I'd more prefer an episodic cartoon ala The Maxx.

Posted at

No, the two stories I'm working on wouldn't work as films. One might just squeeze into a series with a bit of editing, I've actually got two versions of it, one for the telly, one for webcomics if that doesn't work out (which is very likely).

Posted at

Mine would be better as something on Cartoon Network instead of a movie.

Posted at

I hear dat. And I despise that man.

Posted at

I'd happily sell out to Ed Wood if there were a cheque with lots of zero's on it involved. Which there wouldn't, because his average budget was around fifty pee. What's that in American? About five moon rocks?

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I personally think Nadya would make a great movie, so yeah.

Posted at

I'd happily sell out to Ed Wood if there were a cheque with lots of zero's on it involved. Which there wouldn't, because his average budget was around fifty pee. What's that in American? About five moon rocks?

Actually I think Wood often worked with a budget of zero anything. So yeah, if you sold to him you'd get a lot of zeros on your check! 8D

My comic wouldn't work as a movie, but maybe a television series. But since I hate most sitcoms, it'll never happen.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

With the kind of things on your Deviantart, I'm pretty sure that your cartoon wouldn't be suitable for younger viewers. ;)
Well, I have made a few Frank and Vinny animations. But they were so much fail it caused headaches and illness.

And AIDS.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Eh… Well Before, Pinky TA was my precious little baby, but I'd sell out BIG now. Like Hewlit did with Tankgirl…
Except Pinky TA isn't anywhere near that good so it's not gonna happen lol!

Ah well, it'd make a great anime film I reckon. ^_^

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Ah well, it'd make a great anime film I reckon. ^_^
Anime? I'd think it's more suited as a short story in a Heavy Metal anthology film.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oh, please no :(
Noooooo… I hate what they did with their animation…
Ha, you've managed to make me not want to sell out after all ^_^"
Damn!

Heh, I'd be glad enough if it was ever in heavy metal magazine though ^^

HalJones
HalJones
Posted at

My son wants to do Beyond Human as a live action film, though I have no idea who would play what, and Crimehater would probably have to be cgi if he were left in. I've always felt it would make better animation, but at that, it would be really long. It's really meant to be a graphic novel, so it'll be that first. But who knows, if the right producer or director came along, I might be willing to see it out there as a movie.

Hal

Wills42
Wills42
Posted at

Mine would make a great youtube video that only 5 people would watch, and 2 would comment, one would be 'Lol' and the other would be a long rant in which the viewer would say stuff about how I was a waste of space, that I wasted time making this ****. It would be very long, and then I would reply saying "If you hated it, why would you watch it?" And then he would send another comment back that is even longer….
This would continue for 20 years and then we would both die.
Ah, Youtube..

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

There are some comics here that would make GREAT movies and T.V. shows. If I could some how be part of that money making horse, then I would help them become into movies.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

well, i wanted to see if i had made it on to google….so i searched….and apparently it already is a movie….two years before i started mine….but i had no idea untill about a month ago….

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Katch would make a good anime/game

and Revenge Addict would make a good movie OR an anime ~ i mean i SEE scenes happening in my head~

me and my crazy imagination >:3

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Alright I'll make another post. =P

Yeah, I'd probably sell-out…even to Uwe Boll….but that might make me want to kill myself eventually. =/ I think VP could work as both an anime and live-action fine.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I've thought about making the Young Studs into a Flash animation, but I like it more in comic form as of now. Besides, Captain R: The Game Ranger is our "series" in Flash. I could technically make that into a comic like 8-Bit Theatre…nah.

Unless it's a video game, he won't touch it, haha.

With the kind of things on your Deviantart, I'm pretty sure that your cartoon wouldn't be suitable for younger viewers. ;)
Adult Swim is all I have to say…followed by Shin Chan.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.