Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Volunteers, illustrate anyway you wish as long as it gets the gist of the narrative. The narratives are linked in the comic anyways.

Edit: I know I've said this before, but Salsa already illustrated the final narrative of the game. If anyone wants to spruce it up, I'm sure he might now mind.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Just use the narrative comic I did of killing Salsa for me if you want.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Just use the narrative comic I did of killing Salsa for me if you want.
Umm…we are discussing Mafia XII. The one that Salsa GMed

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So I'm doing the one you sent me, or was that just an example?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I more ment when you get to that Mafia.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So, I use their current avatars, or find out their old ones when they were in that narration?

Posted at

You can't see their old avatars in the old narration. It's a bit of a pain, yes, but that's how the forum is set up.

Here's the game that the comic stopped at. You can read through it and maybe you'll see something in there that can give you hints about how you want to display the characters. If all else fails, just use their current avatars.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

,,,you just gave me a link to this same page…was that a prank or something? Did I get Ducked?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

,,,you just gave me a link to this same page…was that a prank or something? Did I get Ducked?

Here.

That is legend of Townstonia. You can skip back in the mafia comic to see how people were drawn at the time. Such as salsa kinda looking like that rubber guy from One-Piece

Edit: I think when we do this award thing, we should recognize the vets that have been with us since game one and are still playing. Harkovast, Gullas, and me.

Posted at

What the frak is wrong with my damn paste button?

That's the second time it's failed me today.

Well… even though Niccea has posted here own link to the thread, I've fixed my link so it will take you where you need to go.

I've been around since game 4. Do I get an award?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

By the way, I never addressed this, and it never came up, but…I will not be putting any Mafia stuff in the Store. Since I'm not responsible for any of the good art. I shall leave that at the artist's discretion because it would be unfair for me to get profit (no matter how small it is) off someone else's hard work. Thank you.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I say put it there and just send all the proceeds to me. That way everyone wins!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I haven't really contrubuted to the art yet but I really could care less about the proceeds. If people would go around selling No Heroes stuff that'd be a bit worse, but Mafia art? Hell sell all ya want!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Ok, jumping back to other subjects:
I WILL one day host a Mafia NOIR game, when I do, I'll give every player a character, often found in crime drama's. Like the shoplifting boy or the Sexy seducing woman, the cold tough guy cop, the drunk, etc…

What persona would people like?

Posted at

I would tell you but then people would know it's me the moment I'm mentioned in the narration. :P

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I would tell you but then people would know it's me the moment I'm mentioned in the narration. :P

You'd better tell me or I'll make you a crazy cat lady, just like TFGM and Harkovast!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Why not just PQ what you want to be? Kroatz, I'll get to it as soon as I'm done reviewing FIGHT 2.

Posted at

Well how would you distinguish between these personas and the roles you give the players?

Are the players who are about to die, and thus are named, portrayed by their appropriate persona, while the players who's identity is still secret portrayed by their role?

Wouldn't it make sense if you tie certain personas to the roles that fit them best? If I wanted to be the shoplifting boy, it would be awfully weird if I was the detective as well, don't you think?

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Well how would you distinguish between these personas and the roles you give the players?

Are the players who are about to die, and thus are named, portrayed by their appropriate persona, while the players who's identity is still secret portrayed by their role?

Wouldn't it make sense if you tie certain personas to the roles that fit them best? If I wanted to be the shoplifting boy, it would be awfully weird if I was the detective as well, don't you think?

The personas will be linked to the roles in a way, if Niccea per example would be the detective in Mafia NOIR then she would once have been a librarian, after the riots in Harlem of march 1935 the library burned down, leaving her unemployed and forced to leave her home. She then moved to Cityston, where she became the secretary for the detective of townstreet. After the detectives death two years later she took over the detective agency, using her skills acquired by reading a lot of detective stories. Working together for a little while with a competiting Detectives agency owned by me (Since I'll be telling Mafia NOIR from the detectives standpoint) she soon gathered enough clients to make living a little easier on her, enabling her to take on cases without pay.

Or something like that.

The persona's will not really be clues, since the largest part of the persona will be explained upon death in the narration. Think of it as a way for me to make Mafia more of a crime story and less of a continuous string of pointless deaths.

And a shoplifting boy can be taken in by a detective, who found him hiding in his parents house after their gruesome deaths at the hands of Gullas the butcher and WW1 veteran gone berserk. The shoplifting continued for a while until the Detective caught the boy red-handed. turning him in to the police and severing all ties. The boy, angry at the detective for betraying him, sneaked into the detectives house, stealing some files and starting his own agency several years later, in an attempt to put the original detective out of business. He'd be a bad guy but not a Mafia.

Or something like that.

Posted at

Well then make me the obnoxious salesman or something like that.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Alright. Back to my previous conversation. Is there any mafia arts that people think they might actually buy?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Maybe portraits of the players in the costume of their role?

Oh, and as I promised, I am going to make pictures for all the players!

Take that non-believers! NOw if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cower in my pillow fortress incase I got the ears wrong again.

Posted at

Alright. Back to my previous conversation. Is there any mafia arts that people think they might actually buy?

…yes.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.