Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Ah, I remember that. I know I didn't play that game, but I read it over. But seriously, Rokulily in a suit with a hat and gun? Sell it on a shirt. Or a mug, people seem to like buying stuff on mugs. Anyways, onto the next! This is what I got for Alwin.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Ah, I remember that. I know I didn't play that game, but I read it over. But seriously, Rokulily in a suit with a hat and gun? Sell it on a shirt. Or a mug, people seem to like buying stuff on mugs. Anyways, onto the next! This is what I got for Alwin.
Oh god. I look like an ungrateful douchebag here.

Good thing my comic is an autobiographical one, so it's all true

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

This one is for Hakoshen!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

lol

Posted at

It has come to my attention that there are some haters out there. I don't care about you I'll keep on collecting titles. But for the convenience of GMs they can just put "TheFlyingGreenMonkey Has a friggin' large amount of titles"

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

As far as I know, dead talking has never been a problem in the Mafia games. Me and Kroatz, however, suspect that a certain someone, who shall remain nameless to avoid starting a flame war, deadtalked to a friend after his death. This in turn has lead to the entire game coming unglued. I understand that the nature of this game leads to plans falling apart and having to deal with unforeseen contingencies,but this, at best was a major breach of the few concrete rules and, at worst, a deliberate sabotage made in spite. I propose that, in light of this, a penalty be made for breaking the no deadtalk rule.

Posted at

Dead talking is allowed unless insider information is spilled to living players, regardless of whether it was publicly or via PQ's. I didn't pay close enough attention to the game after my death so I don't fully know who you're talking about but there should be some sort of punishment for breaching this rule if it's possible to prove it.

Obviously, it it was posted on the game thread, the proof is there for all to see but if the dead player PQ some info to a living player, then there really is only 2 things that could prove the act:
1: The guilty person admits what he did (resulting in a mild punishment or a warning, if it's his/her first violation)
2: The person who received the tip, informs how s/he acquired the info, resulting in a much harsher punishment (long term ban from the game).

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Aside from the deadtalking issue the same person has also been asking about roles after his death. I know this is not against any rule but the person has been specifically asking about a friends role, wether the person was a townie or a paranoid, someone who was at the time still in the game. The 'reason' for the asking was becuase the person wished to make 'art' for everyone, linked to their roles.

I responded with the message that I wouldn't tell any roles, and that it was more than likely cheating that the person was trying to do. I even warned them that it might cause them punishment, or even banning. They didn't respond to the message, later acting like nothing happened. I am under the honest impression that the person should be banned from the game, mostly for royally FUCKING my game up.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Let's just say you did, how should we respond?

Posted at

[spoiler=Only those who've ever been GM's may reed this:]There's a rumor about an unwritten rule related to a certain "club", who's existence can neither be confirmed or denied. Only the members of that group are allowed to inquire about roles after their death. Whether or not this rule actually exists, it is hypothesized that these "club" members have somehow proven that they can be trusted with this incredibly delicate insider info.[/spoiler]

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

If i fucked it up i wont play again.

you didn't fuck up.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

It was most definitely Mettaur.

Posted at

If it's true that Mettaur affected the gameplay with insider information, then we need to impose a temporary or even permanent ban. It needs to be clear that such actions will not be tolerated.

But first, I want to give Mettaur a chance to explain himself before we start throwing rocks.

Posted at

I've been snooping around, PQ'ing left and right and just read Salsa's side of the story in the current game thread.

It now seems that both Byndris and Mettaur are being accused of spreading insider info.

Hark just confirmed that Byndris informed him of the roles of the remaining Mobsters and Kroatz has given me pretty concrete info about how Byndris and Mettaur had been behaving behind the scenes.

I've PQ'd mettaur, asking for his side of the story and want to wait about how we rule this, until he's done just that.

Until then, we just have to wait…

… and see.

Posted at

Ok. I now have an updated story. Mettaur was still alive when he told Byndris about those mafia roles. However, Byndris was dead at the time he gave Hark those information so he's guilty of deadtalking (Hark told me that Byndris was dead). Edit: Mettaur just contacted me and swore he didn't deadtalk. Edit Edit: And now I've been informed that Byndris didn't even die.

P.S. There seems to be allot of tension around here now, so I'm gonna suggest we all take a breather and collect ourselves. There's no need to say stuff you might regret later on.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Um…this sounds stupid, but when did Brydis die in the game? Kroatz didn't keep up with the list very much. And there was no linking.

-edit- Byndris didn't die…

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Listen, the reason I asked about the role after my death, I'm coming clean now, is because I wanted to make some Noir art for the game. Is that worth a permanent ban? I didn't know there was a rule about that, and if there is, sorry. And I didn't respond so long is because I was on a…well, about a day long drive, then spent most of today settling into Florida. So, apology accepted?

Posted at

I didn't know he was dead either.

I agree to the warning things.

Were all the rules posted on the game thread?

Did we tell anyone that it's a good idea to READ THE RULES if it's your first time playing?

Breather?

Hand out of arses?

Smiling?

SHooting 1337?

Posted at

Hark hinted in his PQ, that he sent me that he thought Byndris was dead. I took it a face value.

No harm done.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I have reviewed the game personally. And aside from anything that was private (which I'm not at liberty to see). There was no rule breaking in the game. Just some role leaks (which happen all the time). And the people that sent me the roles never died in the game, so there is no harm there either. There is no rules that say the mafia can't tell others who they are. It just isn't a smart thing to do.

There was "from the beyond" talking, but that was not relevant to the game or it didn't reveal any helpful information about the rest of the mafia. We have no rules about "from the beyond" talking because the point of the game is to have fun.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.