Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

-.- If I can get through to the last narration of Salsa's game, I'll be set. Salsa drew the last of his narrations and Rokulily said she would do her best to get through heaven vs. hell.

-edit- I just got a free trial for photoshop CS5. So my stuff might be coming back to normal a little bit. I don't know if I'm ready to buy it yet.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

There are free versions of photoshop, you could also use trrnts and whatnot and download illegally. I personally use a downloaded version of the cs4 thingy.
It rocks.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

My fiance has already gotten in trouble with Charter for downloading all three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'm on the straight and narrow right now.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Huh. I thought they only freak out about illegal downloading if the torrent is new and they're tracking it.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Huh. I thought they only freak out about illegal downloading if the torrent is new and they're tracking it.
I think it is because the movie is coming out soon.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I'm not american, so the chances that I'll get caught are slim to none existant!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I never download illegally.
If I am going to rob someone, I have the decency to do it face to face.
At gun point.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I never download illegally.
If I am going to rob someone, I have the decency to do it face to back.
At pick-axe point.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I'm not american, so the chances that I'll get caught are slim to none existant!

Heel yeah!
It's the internet, we all have the same chance of getting caught. You don't have to be in a foreign country to moniter someone in a foriegn country. The only difference is how long it takes to send the officials over. Also, I'm pulling out my top game idea next election…muhahahaha!

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

So many people pirate, that the chance of them singling me out specifically seems pretty slim. Even if I live in America.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'd be lying if I said I paid for all the music I have on my computer, (most of it's from friends) I do not, however, use pirated software. There are many programs out there that are legally free that do just as well, if not better than the commercial stuff. Photoshop? Pff, I use GIMP. Painter? MyPaint. Maya, 3dsMax, or any of the other 3d modeling and animation packages that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars? Heck No! Blender all the way! Flash? Pish, learn java and javascript and use inkscape for the graphics.

ok enough ranting back on topic.

What does everyone think of a secondary objective that, if achieved, gives the side that achieved it a temporary of permanent boost in the game?

What would be some good boosts for the mafia and the townies?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I have an interesting idea. I you want, in the beginning, which is before day one, you can put your role in a big randomized trade-off. The roles traded in will be mixed up and then handed to others. But you will not know who the other mafia members are before the trade off, only after the trade off.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I would like to know what sort of boost you are talking about Salsa. And would have to be done to earn it. Would it have to be something like. "Mafia kills 3 Townies in one night?"

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I would like to know what sort of boost you are talking about Salsa. And would have to be done to earn it. Would it have to be something like. "Mafia kills 3 Townies in one night?"

Ok in the game I've been proposing, Townies have to capture a certain person while the mafia have to capture or kill the same person. That person is also trying to escape, so there is a chance that neither side gets a boost.

As far as boost go it might be something like +50% chance to live if attacked, an extra kill, or maybe the chance to find out someone's role for sure. Those would be one shots an probably wind up being used the next applicable cycle. An extra double lynch or pardon, An extra kill for the paranoid, or a new oneshot would be longer term and probably last the whole game. I'm trying to avoid game breakers, although that would provide extra incentive to achieve the secondary objective.

That's another reason I'm asking for help. I as the GM may think something's cool, but you as a player may think it's a horrible idea.

Also as a warning. READ all of the roles carefully when voting for me. I like to experiment.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I would like to know how this one person is decided. Is it totally random and can be anyone? Or will they know they are the one person. I ask this because the mayor almost always asks for roles and develops a list of suspects from there. And I don't see a problem with having a small boost once. If it were for the rest of the game, I would find it troublesome. But that is just my opinion.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I would like to know how this one person is decided. Is it totally random and can be anyone? Or will they know they are the one person. I ask this because the mayor almost always asks for roles and develops a list of suspects from there. And I don't see a problem with having a small boost once. If it were for the rest of the game, I would find it troublesome. But that is just my opinion.

Well it's actually a role. I could copy-paste the entire thing over here, but basically the game has 19 roles if I counted right. three of them are neutral. One is the psycho, one is the person the other has to find in order to meet his/her win condition. It's that last role that the mafia and townies have to capture or kill in order to gain the boost.

roles and other stuff here I'd also like to know if the game has any foreseeable balance issues.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok.

MAFIA COMIC NOOSE!

This weekend, I'll be working on a summary of Legend of Townstonia. After that, I will make one very long comic that summarizes the past…almost 20. Games. This will include all games up until the end of July. After that will be any extras that were posted in order by game. Then I will go back to making the normal comic. Sound good?

Oh…and Rokulily will be making Heaven and Hell.

Posted at

Sounds good. I think that the main reason why the comic stopped was because we allowed the updates to drag behind and by the time it was 2-3 games behind, the task of catching up became too daunting.

One suggestion though, how about we give each game that's missing a full page, instead of squishing them all into a single page (as large as it may be). That way we will pay more respect to the missing games and help distinguish between them. I know I've said millions of time that I'd want to help with the catching up so I'm sounding like a broken record now but I really want to try and help out.

Posted at

I got distracted with life's harsh harsness. I don't even remember which game I was suppose to do and I can't find the pages I started. I'd love to see the comic come back though. I voted it best community project.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I might be able to find what you volunteered for…you didn't volunteer. Now is the time to start. ^.^ Just need a page summary of a game. I was thinking plot (classic, war, gangs, etc.), the bad guys, the victor. Maybe a memorable moment that you notice.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Anyone else want to help put the community back in this community project? I need game reviews for 15 - 29. We will be skipping XIV (Humorman's Game)One each page will do. If anyone wants to make new buttons, that will be nice. Heck, someone can even make a mini banner for Rokulily's comic so I can link it properly in the comic's home page.

Salsa just turned in a summary for 30

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.