Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

PP, you're right, we need some illogical silliness! For example, last night I saw my kitten trotting around with a slipper in her mouth. She was stealing all the shoes in teh house, and it was freaking hilarious.

And that's good PP, that is absolutely going down as a card.

Posted at

Gees, you guys. What's up with you and all your good points now?
I'm dead, so I've nothing better to do than badger you with good points. Ohohoho.

I can see it if it's like mettaur describes there, where no clues are given and it's merely a swift execution. That way it would also be a deterrent preventing people from betraying the team, since that's the real problem.

same
same
Posted at

What about the GM includes their own set of rules in their narration. That way we know weither or not we want to vote for them on their GMing style.

Edit: Sorry. Not narration. In their concept in the GM elections.

Posted at

What about the GM includes their own set of rules in their narration. That way we know weither or not we want to vote for them on their GMing style.
I encouraged that once and tried it, a while back. That's when I wrote up my rule interpretation thing. Niccea, monkey and few others wrote up their own interpretations and I started providing links to my interpretations on my GM election posts, sign up sheets and game threads. Nobody followed suit and I eventually stopped it myself. We could always try again.

And that's good PP, that is absolutely going down as a card.
If you use the kiss of death name. Use this picture.

If you use the you have failed me.. line.

Posted at

I'd also like to see another game where not every member of the mafia is given the name of every other mafia member. I recall one game where only the godfather was given the names of all the members, to share them as was seen fit.

I was the godfather that time and I thought it was kind of weird then, but now I can see the practicality of it. There's the danger of being killed and leaving everyone else disconnected, but I'd think that it'd be a good preventative against people who can't be trusted with the list being automatically granted the list.

Posted at

I'd also like to see another game where not every member of the mafia is given the name of every other mafia member. I recall one game where only the godfather was given the names of all the members, to share them as was seen fit.

I was the godfather that time and I thought it was kind of weird then, but now I can see the practicality of it. There's the danger of being killed and leaving everyone else disconnected, but I'd think that it'd be a good preventative against people who can't be trusted with the list being automatically granted the list.
The good points keeping coming.

I'm going to look at Scruffy for advice.

Scruffy says I should second.

Also, if the Godfather is going to officially receive that power, it is justly to warn that he better be certain that there's a traitor in his midst and that his target is in fact the mole.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I have done it in the past by just saying who is in the mafia. No roles. (Not even to the godfather).

And I do remember that there was one game that stated that the godfather could kill off mafia members.

Oh…

Another rule.

Inactivity: It needs to be fixed up. Right now I allow 6 cycles. (3 Days and 3 Nights) It is that way because most of the town doesn't have night actions.

(Not many GMs punish inactivity and it causes games to drag on…like humorman's mafia doesn't do shit strategy)

Also when I do ordering…I pick a random point and go in order from there. That way it gives an equal chance to those that are not there with a PQ ready to send as the narration goes out.

I also like having the hidden paranoid. It adds some spice.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So, if I decide to make a tree of this later…who fits where in this mafia tree? Who runs the thing, who advises with rules and styles and such, who is the underboss, the soldiers, and who are the associates, the people who have barely played?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

The vigilante can't choose who he kills! It's randomized! It's like the paranoid and vigilante combined!

Oh, or a paranoid veteran! It's like the veteran, but on the first attempt on his life, he kills the attacker! But second life, he's fair game!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

So, if I decide to make a tree of this later…who fits where in this mafia tree? Who runs the thing, who advises with rules and styles and such, who is the underboss, the soldiers, and who are the associates, the people who have barely played?
I thought we said before that we wouldn't think like that. We are more like a council than a mafia when we organize things.

Posted at

Hhhm couldn't find my rule outline. Probably from lack of sleep. Though going back in the pages I decided that;

1.) I miss Aghammer and waff T.T
2.) I'm promafia: I counted atleast 5 times I said mafia are under powered and 2 times were I said the detective is too powerful.
3.) I was so cute back in the good ol'days.

Though one rule that will be added if I ever find my list, NO TRAITORS. It ruined my turning game and Mettaur has proven how much it ruins the game for the mafia. You become a traitor and I will kill you off. I have no love for those who would backstab their teammates/friends.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Hhhm couldn't find my rule outline. Probably from lack of sleep. Though going back in the pages I decided that;

1.) I miss Aghammer and waff T.T
2.) I'm promafia: I counted atleast 5 times I said mafia are under powered and 2 times were I said the detective is too powerful.
3.) I was so cute back in the good ol'days.

Though one rule that will be added if I ever find my list, NO TRAITORS. It ruined my turning game and Mettaur has proven how much it ruins the game for the mafia. You become a traitor and I will kill you off.
Well, I'm not too happy about team killing either, it can usually fuck a game up good. This game however it has only made the game more even. I think that it should be up to the GM, in my game it wasn't allowed, in Same's game it was.
I think that if it would have been allowed to teamkill in my Mafia game it might have been better, instead of Mett telling all the roles it would have been possible for him to try and take on the Mafia on his own, making it unnecessary to tell any roles.

Posted at

Hhhm couldn't find my rule outline.
Page 19. It includes my rules, niccea's rules, your's and… hark's special rules.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I think with treachery there is a gray area much like deadtalking.

Teamkilling – Since the mafia knows exactly who everyone is. There shouldn’t be any reason for a team kill. As a team they must work together. (No matter how stilted the numbers are or how much they want to make the game “more interesting”)

Betrayal – Giving up roles and names to mayor. I know TGFM doesn’t like this either. But at least in this case, the mayor may know all the mafia members, but the mafia cannot kill their own players. It takes longer than if there was teamkilling.

Loose Tongue – When the mafia is low in numbers, they do sometimes try to recruit a townie to help them. But townies sometimes use this knowledge to eradicate the mafia.

Social Loafing – Mafia member just doesn’t do anything. They aren’t helping either side. (I did this during the recruitment game from TGFM. I didn’t do anything but vote, and I voted with the pack rather than against mafia members.)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The mafia don't need to be able to kill each other.
Killing traitorous members makes no sense as all a traitor has to do to destroy the mafia is say say what their names are. Then it is already too late to execute him.

Posted at

The mafia don't need to be able to kill each other.
Killing traitorous members makes no sense as all a traitor has to do to destroy the mafia is say say what their names are. Then it is already too late to execute him.
It makes me feel better to execute them.

@Niccea: All good points. My main problem is when power roles(Any mafia roles, detective, medic, etc.) betray their team.

Teamkilling is not allowed in my games.

Betrayal is not allowed in my games. Don't care if you tell someone your role but you don't tell your allies rolls to the otherside.

Loose Tongue: Like I said I don't mind what you tell about your role. Nor do I care if a disgruntal townie joins the mafia.

Social Loafing: If your not helping your hurting. I'll make this like inactivity if you don't do anything with your power role in 3 night actions I will give you a warning and if you still havn't done anything with your power role on the 5th night action you are killed off.

@PP: Thanks :D

TFGM's interpretations of the rules.

Kills are arranged in a first come first serve bases. Therefore if two people declare that they're gonna kill each other, the one who sends in their kill requests first will succeed.

Protection does not last through the entire night. A person protected by a paramedic, bodyguard and other possible roles can be killed, if the protecter dies that night before the protectie is targeted. So if Medic A protects Citizen B and is killed by Killer A the protection is canceled from the point the hit for Medic A is recieced. The same goes for bodyguards and godfather's BC power. If the bodyguards die before Killer A sends in his action to kill Mayor A then Mayor A is dead. The reason is as follows, you can't protect someone if your DEAD. Medics can still save someone who was attacked before they sent in their action.

Actions take place as soon as they are able. So a horsehead if timed right can disable a players night action the night it sent. If Godfather A targets Vig A before he can send in his night action then Vig A cannot use there action for that night. Nor can they use anyday actions or vote. But if Vig A managed to send in his action first then he will lose his next day and night action.

The Mad Hatter is a clever one and is the only one to be able to kill the Paranoid single handed. Though at the cost of his own life.

Godfather can not use the horsehead on the same person twice in a row.

Detective can not look up the election votes.

Posted at

1337's rules:

1. Rokulily must die at some point during the game.
2. Not much else happens.
3. 1337 always has to die too…
4. Well not always.
5. But Roku has to.
6. Why?
7. It's a rule, that's why!
8. Stupid 1337.
9. Stupid.
10. [someone elses rules here]

same
same
Posted at

My rules then:

1.Pretty much anything goes gamewise except cheating. Meaning deadtalking etc…

2.No being a prick

3.Leave your grudges ingame and don't start complaining to me that someones being nasty to you. Stand up for yourself. I'm not your mommy.

4. Unless I say otherwise team killing is fine. Townies kill themselves randomly so why cant mafia kill mafia?

5. Respect my stupid decisions. If not you'll be seriously apologised to!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I still think the paranoid veteran was a good idea…wait! I gots an idea! It's a mafia game, where roles are mixed! I still have to figure out which gets mixed with which, but it will be up!

Paranoid/Veteran
You have learned much from your experience in a horrible war, but it has also opened up a part of your mind. The insane part. During daytime, you appear normal, but at nighttime, you relive the horrors of your past. The first person to interact with you in any way, Hitman, paramedic, bomber, vigilante, die instantly. But the second time around, you will be the one that dies. But the detective will not die when interacting, as he is not directly interacting with you. Oh, and you think you are a regular townie.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Also…pages? DD Awards are coming up. I was wondering if anyone who volunteered to help is ready. Cause I'm about to start catching myself up.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

DD awards? Huh?

Posted at

DD awards? Huh?
In here.

One of the categories is the best Community project. Drunk Duck mafia qualifies as a community project but since it's been pretty inactive it doesn't stand a chance, unless we kick it up a notch.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Then somebody might want to make that page i was supposed to do, incase i can't find time. in fact, i have to do some schooling now, so see you all in half an hour!

Posted at

Also…pages? DD Awards are coming up. I was wondering if anyone who volunteered to help is ready. Cause I'm about to start catching myself up.

you do realize I asked to be fired cause I suck. Right?

In all actuality I'm really only posting here to get the 1000th post.

or that was my initial plan.

Vote 1337 for new GM.

ahh promotion.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.