Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

Money and food is one thing, but it's probably not such a good idea giving homeless people car rides. Back in my more trusting days, I gave a lift to a nice homeless couple who claimed, believably, to be out-of-work schoolteachers. When I got home later I discovered my wallet was missing and by that time they'd already bought $800 worth of stuff on my debit card. If they've got somewhere they need to be, it's probably a better idea to just give them bus money instead. If you offer transit fare and they insist on a ride anyway, then they're probably up to something shady.

Posted at

Ok, I know some people have said this but I guess I'll repeat it to voice my own opinion. I don't give money to people who ask for it. I feel that there are enough government agencies, charities, and other places that people can find work, get food, or even stay the night. yes it completely sucks that they are homeless and living in a card board box. To be completely honest it seems like they want a little bit more then what everyone is willing to give them. If they just spend that time looking for a job at an employment agency then chilling on a street corner.

*end mini-rant*

Posted at

i give it to the ones that actually need it. and i've sat down and shared my lunch with enough poor unlucky folk that have lost everything to tell when one's simply unfortunate and when one is getting payback for being an asshole.

well, most of the time.

Posted at

i give it to the ones that actually need it. and i've sat down and shared my lunch with enough poor unlucky folk that have lost everything to tell when one's simply unfortunate and when one is getting payback for being an asshole.

well, most of the time.
I don't know if the people I give stuff to actually need it. I only know that they want it.

It doesn't matter much. If I have it to give and I'm not going to use it for anything, then I'll usually give anybody anything as long as I'm in a good mood.

But if someone asks me for something and I'm not in a good mood, then I'm an ass about it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.