Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
warefish
warefish
Posted at

I'm just a little curious as how many musos we have on the Duck. Personally, I play the tenor sax, the Irish tin whistle (that's right folks!) and I can kinda play the guitar. I like to play jazz, ska (reggae) and Funk music as well (on the sax and guitar. NOT on the tin whistle :P).
Post a reply if you feel like showing off!

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I've dawdled on the guitar quite a bit. I never became very good. I could play a few songs, but I never really devoted myself to it. I would like to continue, though.

I would love, also, to learn to play the violin. The violin, guitar, and piano are my three favorite instruments and I love when they're played together.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I can play the gusli.
After a fashion…

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I played clarinet for about a month….heh.^^;

I think cellos sound awesome, I wish there was more modern music with those. XP I've considered learning to play one…but I just never have the dedication to learn an instrument, I always end up losing interest…if I did I might learn bass or guitar too.

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

I play a classical guitar. And I'm thinking of getting myself an ukulele.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I play a classical guitar. And I'm thinking of getting myself an ukulele.

Ukuleles are awesome!!!

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I can play the gusli.
After a fashion…

what's a gusli??

Posted at

I play guitar mainly - gig a bit on blues and jazz, though I used to be a funkasaurus. Tuesday night I play in a restaurant. Also uke.

When I get the chance I like to cut loose on didgeridoo, though I don't get the chance that often 'cos it's pretty loud and you have to blow for fifteen minutes solid to really get a trance state going.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

what's a gusli??
It's like a cymbali, only you don't use hammers…
You know, like a psaltery!

lol!

Yeah, anyway, like a zither but trapezoid in shape. They're very old and simple, from Eastern Europe; good for teaching kids about music!

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

Ukuleles are awesome!!!

Oh yes, they are!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I played piano when I was little and French Horn in junior high…and gave them both up as quickly as I could because I finally realized that the best instrument for me is a kazoo. Oh, and I can whistle really well. Seriously, like to the point where it's almost a talent.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

i played violin from 5th grade up until i got into private school where they didnt have an orchestra, so i gave it up…

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

I played the trumpet in junior band but later in high school I got bit by the drum bug. I've been a drummer since. I also played other percussion instruments like congas, bongos and timbales. Is funny 'cuz i started drums playing Rock music but later fell in love with tropical music and Jazz.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I play guitar mainly - gig a bit on blues and jazz, though I used to be a funkasaurus. Tuesday night I play in a restaurant. Also uke.

When I get the chance I like to cut loose on didgeridoo, though I don't get the chance that often 'cos it's pretty loud and you have to blow for fifteen minutes solid to really get a trance state going.

I'm assuming you're an Aussie like me coz you play the didgeridoo. If so, which restaurant do you play at and where?! (I heart live music. Even if I don't know the band/ artist etc…)

warefish
warefish
Posted at

what's a gusli??
It's like a cymbali, only you don't use hammers…
You know, like a psaltery!

lol!

Yeah, anyway, like a zither but trapezoid in shape. They're very old and simple, from Eastern Europe; good for teaching kids about music!

Very interesting… I shall look more into this!! :D

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i used to play guitar, but now i just play the fart trumpet and try to sing in the shower without drowning.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

i used to play guitar, but now i just play the fart trumpet and try to sing in the shower without drowning.

HAHAHA! You've just won at life my friend!

Posted at

I'm assuming you're an Aussie like me coz you play the didgeridoo. If so, which restaurant do you play at and where?! (I heart live music. Even if I don't know the band/ artist etc…)
Sorry warefish, I'm English and I live in London - ever since Rolf Harris arrived here with his didge in the 60s, we've been crazy for all things Australian - even Prisoner Cell Block H!

I couldn't play the didge in a restaurant though, unless it was some kind of new age hippie tofu joint! It's all jazzy guitar type stuff. If ever you're in London we'll have to jam.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

Sorry warefish, I'm English and I live in London - ever since Rolf Harris arrived here with his didge in the 60s, we've been crazy for all things Australian - even Prisoner Cell Block H!

I couldn't play the didge in a restaurant though, unless it was some kind of new age hippie tofu joint! It's all jazzy guitar type stuff. If ever you're in London we'll have to jam.

Darn! I had so much hope!!!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

HAHAHA! You've just won at life my friend!

i hope so. i LIKE being alive.

werien343
werien343
Posted at

I used to play a bit of piano, and acordion. I suck at both though, I really want to play violin.

Posted at

I play rhythm guitar and sing in a band called Absinthe Junk. I also play the electric violin in said band.

For classical and jazz I play saxophone, viola, steel drum, clarinet, piano, bassoon, oboe, and a few others.
Most excellent! You've got the talent, you've got the front and your multi instrumental skills are the badger's nadgers. Now if you could just work a bit of didge in there…:)

Posted at

I too can play the didgeridoo, but not well it took me forever to learn how to do it, now I mainly use it to annoy the wife and confuse the dogs!
I can also play guitar fairly well, and piano like a star!

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I too can play the didgeridoo, but not well it took me forever to learn how to do it, now I mainly use it to annoy the wife and confuse the dogs!
I can also play guitar fairly well, and piano like a star!

O_o Are you an Aussie??

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.