Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ProfessorF
ProfessorF
Posted at

Everything makes me feel old.%(

This.

In fact, I'm so old, Spongebob was around for about 5 years before I even knew who he was!

RaineSlave
RaineSlave
Posted at

Eh, not really. I was 8 when it came out. Pretty amazing the show has been around so long (even though the post-movie episodes aren't as good)

elmatto
elmatto
Posted at

You know you're old when the music you used to listen to in high school is getting compiled for sale on infomercials. Or at least the music that was popular when you were on high school…

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

You kids are talking about "old things" that aren't that old.

I watched NEW episodes of Voltron and Thundercats. The TV stations were still playing Thunderhawks. I was entering high school when Power Rangers started. Pokemon was popular when I was a Junior. I got a Super Nintendo the Christmas of the year it came out.

I would watch new episodes of You Can't Do That on Television, Inspector Gadget and I remember when MTV started showing their "strange" line-ups of The Max, Eon Flux, and Beavis and Butthead were fresh/new. Hell, I remember seeing the last few new episodes of The A-Team. Yes, I remember the Mon-Chi-Chis

Born in 1980. I am the true 80's kid. Remembering when you watched Pokemon in Elementary school does not make you an 80's kid, it makes you a 90's kid.

My rule for dating girls is that if they don't remember Thundercats, we're not going to go out.

hell,im an 80's kid too and i think thats WHY it makes me feel old. i mean our cartoons man, i know those are down the track. but Spounge bob still seems so new to me,and when i hear it's 10+years old it kinda knocks me on my ass.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

They've made a new series of Roobarb and Custard.

I used to watch that even though it was old then.

It's not the same now that they have a load of new characters and a wooden computer in a shed…

Posted at

10 years went by fast! I can remember the first day it aired. I was 5 and my sister was 7, and a couple of days after we had just learned that there was a Pokemon animated series, we learned about Spongebob too. However, Pokemon and the spongebob premiere were on at the same time. So, I watched Pokemon and my sister watched Spongebob, then afterwards we told each other about it, haha!

Yeah, I have a lot of memories from Spongebob since that basically was -the- show of my childhood. When my dad had to commute from Philly to Chicago every week when he first started at his current job and I was having a hard to dealing with it, he used to watch spongebob over the phone with me and my siblings. Yeah, thems were some great times. Too bad a bunch of the original Spongebob writers left and took their talent with them.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.