Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hey guys,
so with all the controversy swirling around this book how can you resist buying one? You can't!

Seriously all joking aside, this is a wonderful book and really worth a read. three years and lots of blood, sweat, and tears went into producing this book. (blood, sweat, and tears sold separately and not covered under warranty)

Show support for your community and take a look.

Here's the link:
http://store.platinumstudios.com/category_s/41.htm

and becuase I luv you enter this code to get 25% off:
drunkard
(shhh don't tell the boss man!)

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Excellent…

This looks pretty cool!

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Well THANK #$@%ing GOD!

No… I couldn't be happier. Everyone buy one. …or else!

Posted at

YAAAAAAAY!
They will be available as long as they are in stock! I'll be taking a few around to conventions I'll be attending as well. So far I'm gonna be at Anime Expo and Anime Las Vegas. ^_^

If ya buy one and I see you at a con, I'll draw you a perdy picture ^_^

Zac
Zac
Posted at

April Fools!

Posted at

no not April Fools, April Happy-gasm!

Carly

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I'd like to point out that while Platinum were concerned about asking my permission a fourth time… which they needed that day in a rush manner, an e-mail I missed until too late, so they 'legally' couldn't put my story in the book, they weren't as concerned when it came to my character's likeness being included on the cover.

Also, Inkmonkey's name is Shane Woodis, not Woods. With things seemingly rushed and not proofread, Maybe it was a good thing the story I sat on for THREE YEARS didn't make it into this collection. At least I assume it didn't. My name isn't mentioned as a contributor. Though as I don't have a copy, I can't confirm or deny that.

Anyway. My character Gene is the duck on the cover who's down in front looking surprised. Though it is more based on my and Sean Murphy's take on Gene, rather than the more "current" Vidiot version. I'm not annoyed that he's on the cover. I'm annoyed that after three years of me saying "yes, you can use this story" they "needed another confirmation" that had to be answered same day and he wasn't included after, as I said, I sat on the story for three years when I could have ran it or put it in my own collection. [/run-on sentence].

D0m
D0m
Posted at

This is kinda weird. I picked up the book and looked on the back when I was in my comic shop, and it costs ten dollars, or something. That's nuts. :(

Posted at

Hey now, $10 is less than $1 per story. But if you buy it from the Platinum Studios store, you can get it for about $7.50 plus shipping. Not too bad if you ask me. most of the Anthologies I've been in start at $15.00!

^_^

Allan
Allan
Posted at

$10 seems totally reasonable. I might just pick one up!

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Also, Inkmonkey's name is Shane Woodis, not Woods.

Oh crap, I didn't even notice that earlier… I sure hope that's just in the order information and not the book itself… My name gives me no end of trouble. Even my lease is written out to "Sean Woods"…

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Have you sent out contributor copies at all?
I don't have mine!

Posted at

I have mine! But then again I paid for it =p

Book is very tiny o_O

Neilsama: The DDR dance scene you made was pretty creative though!

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Has anyone gotten their contributor copy yet? I was told it was going out at the start of this month, but i haven't seen it.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

speaking for Ronson… nope.

Posted at

Carly was supposed to mail them before she left Platinum, but she didn't (might not have had time?) So… it looks like no one else has been given that particular job yet.

I'm still waiting for my copy too :/

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Oh, so that's it, eh? I've been wondering where my books are. Well, as long as I know, that's cool. Kinda funny how the anthology maintains its enigmatic aura. Took three years for the book to materialize and it STILL hasn't landed in the laps of the contributors.

The legend continues!

gigi
gigi
Posted at

I'm in the same boat with Ink and skool. I've sent numerous e-mails asking when I should recieve my copies of the anthology book but not heard a single word back from anyone. I'm seriously concerned about how stable PS is at this point. In addition to the DD anthology I also did a full length graphic novel for PS and since the book went to print (5-6 months ago) no one has replied to a single one of my e-mails! Which is really making me mad by the way… I feel as though I've been tossed aside or something *grumbles*

Posted at

I'm in the same boat with Ink and skool. I've sent numerous e-mails asking when I should recieve my copies of the anthology book but not heard a single word back from anyone. I'm seriously concerned about how stable PS is at this point. In addition to the DD anthology I also did a full length graphic novel for PS and since the book went to print (5-6 months ago) no one has replied to a single one of my e-mails! Which is really making me mad by the way… I feel as though I've been tossed aside or something *grumbles*

I know just how you feel.

Unfortunately I've lost all faith that things are going to improve.

gigi
gigi
Posted at

Unfortunately I've lost all faith that things are going to improve.

*sigh* I thought as much.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I haven't received my copies either, but it's good to see that they actually exist, at least for the people that order them. I'm not very proud of my contribution anymore. I'm still a little bit excited to get my copies and see it though.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I don't know, Reed. I think we took down our sarcast forum signatures prematurely. The book exists, but it seems that the contributors have been quietly forgotten. I think it's time to get bitchy again…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.