Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

shapin my idea still. gonna throw down some layouts on paper tonight. gonna take a walk behind the factories to get some proper insperation, if you never hear from me agin, you'll lknow what happened.

Posted at

sorry, i was gone most of the weekend

Is there a way to tell if tones will print well/not look like ass-aids? I've made some of my own with the bitmap trick but i dunno how to test them, just print and see?

i guess so

looks awesome guys!
i guess ill have to step up my A game for this!

hyena: the noirish style sounds cool

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

hyena: the noirish style sounds cool
Word!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

nice giys! looks like this's gonna be real diverse! [as if there was a dobt] first page as of last night.
bout to get back on the horse now.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

So how many pages has everyone got? I just…finished up page 2 >.< *slow*

Posted at

…Wow, I'm smart. XD I initially saved the first page as a .TTF instead of a .TIFF. As you can imagine, didn't quite work right.

Anyway, pages one to three of yet another idea finished… and I swear I'll stick with this one, not like the last three. *sheepish* But yeah, this thing is bizarre. It's like the Sandman crossed with creepypasta crossed with a lot of amateur typography. I like it, though. Should have it finished and sent in the next few days.

Posted at

Wow. How do you do it? I have trouble with Painter as I'm not used to it.

thanks!
i mix traditional pencils, photoshop and painter

elektro
elektro
Posted at

thanks!
i mix traditional pencils, photoshop and painter

I should try that some time. I've always wanted to make some digital art that was a bit different style than the cartoony stuff I usually do.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

*almost done with page 3*
….probably alternative time.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

This looks so cool… It makes me wanna join. Can I still?

Posted at

Important question: My pages ended up rather large in size due to the "texturized" coloring so the entire thing has 57mb. Should I send it in one mail? two? three? perhaps upload it somewhere instead? (I have successfully used megaupload for moving large image files in the past).

Other than that I am finished, all pages are drawn, colored, lettered and checked.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Try flattening the image (don't know if you did that already) and, when saving the TIFF file, use the LZW compression. My pages were over 25 MB before I did that. If that's already been done, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Posted at

I did all that. My unflattened pages run 40-70mb (total 350mb for all 6 pages together) while flattened and resized to 300dpi go between 7-10mb. And yes, it's TIFF and LZW etc. It's just the style of coloring I've used (and the amount of detail on the pages), it gives large files.

I don't want to spend 20 minutes uploading a mail (I believe I could send out one this big) only to have it bounce back at me because it wasn't accepted by the server.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.