Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
mlai
mlai
Posted at

1. Update on the SJ mirror more regularly but not care too much about it.

2. Um… if I asked JNP to host my comics on his site, he's probably too nice to say no, heheheh..

3. If a lot of DDers go somewhere else, I'll investigate to see if I should follow. Most likely the crowd would just disperse and melt into the woodwork, though.

4. I made 1 long-term friend from (the now expired) Impromanga and now he's my co-artist. I've made 2 long-term friends in DD, and I'll keep in frequent touch with them (online).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I hate you all… -_-
You wouldn't see me for DUST!

…not really. But it's harder now to keep up than it was. Before when DD died I kept in touch with so many people, even getting lots to come back when we came back, but life has moved on and I can't even get much time to read comics here let alone make them. I don't know how well I'd stay into things really.

But as I said, I'd still do Pinky TA… slowly :)

authorfly
authorfly
Posted at

What would I do I wonder? I could meet new people, maybe date a little… NAH!

Dan
Dan
Posted at

I see what you did there.

I can't deny it. This is probably the only forum I've ever come across where people will not go crazy over small issues. I love the community to death, but I just can't seem to fit in with it. I love the people here but I can never get myself into getting more involved. I love the comics here because I actually see comics that aren't actually severely effortless sprite comics. I constantly wish that I'd spend more time in this place. I'm sick of hanging out with people from my age group since I'd have no idea what they're talking about.

If DD went down for good, I wouldn't know exactly what to do, but I'll probably end up forgetting about it sooner or later. Who knows? Maybe I'll find another place to go.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

Drunk Duck!
It's like crystal meth in a can!
It's crystal meth in a can!
Drunk Duck is crystal meth!

Warning: May contain Anna Kournikova.

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

Answering the original question and going to the premise that nothing last forever: I'll provably keep doing what I'm doing, maybe search for another site or hook with some friends a do a web-page of sorts… but sincerely I'll miss the Duck the community its cool and there are some great comics here that i watch regularly…

Yeah, the Duck will be missed.

Posted at

If Drunkduck ended I'd probably stop making comics. I hate smackjeeves set up and I'm not sure if there's another comic website I'd like to use.

Posted at

Probably move to my own site, or find another free hosting site. I'm still really attached to this one though it's got charm.

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

At first I thought this was some horrible fear-mongering thread! But, it's a legitimate question, and here's my answer:

Last time, during the big one, I went to keenspace, but it's such a chore and so counter-intuitive to me, after the ease of DD (but it did force me to learn a bit more html). I definitely missed all the people and the comments, and a tagboard just wasn't the same! I deleted those accounts recently, thinking, oh, DD is super stable now, so I don't need to bother! hahahaha… Well, not that I would go back to keenspace, but if DD did really end, I certainly wouldn't give up drawing my comics. I'd probably find another host. There'd be someone who would try and fill the DD void out there, I bet. Quite a few tried when DD went out of commission last time. I don't know that it would be any fun trying to create my own website, but if I had to, I'd do it. The biggest annoyance for me, would not necessarily be getting my comics back up, but finding all my favorites and feeling sad when some would no longer exist!

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

Like everyone else who has found a home here, I would be devastated if DD took a header…but surprisingly enough, there are so many fantastic comics listed here, with so many talented people working on them–if we put all that together in a weblist–we could really make things happen…I believe! Marvel Comics started with far less!
I often wish DD had a publishing arm (yeah, I know, sell your soul to Platinum Studios and you too can have a go…….) that actually put out a hardcopy booklist. Sort of a Comicbook Lulu. No one goes to Lulu for comic books much, but here on DD, everyone stops by. How hard would it be to form a DD POD? DD has access to advertisers–which could make actual hardcopy comics being made as POD a real, money making concern as opposed to just a vanity publisher! Just a thought!

Biz3
Biz3
Posted at

I'd be pretty bummed if Drunk Duck suddenly one day shut down. Really enjoying this place.

But, if it was to happen, I'd probably scrap together the pages of my comic and wander off to find a new place suitable to host webcomics, and put it up there.

That, or march in protest and demand the site to be brought back up. Choices, choices…

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

I think what should be made if DD ever go under, is a website that tracks comics the way DD favorites works. Not necessarily a place to host them, since I doubt everyone would go there. Just somewhere people can log in and have links to comics. It'd be even better if it kept up with page updates and you could comment on them, but that might be too difficult.

Posted at

(OO) After screaming, kicking stuff, and then crying for several days… I would try and find a new home for Raw Fish. But, I know that no other place on the net would be the same… Drunk Duck brought me back to the drawing table (now computer) to draw. This site has the best community hands down. I have seen may other comic hosting sites, but their surfability is cumbersome to say the least.
I am in the process of making Raw Fish's own home, but will always post here!!

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

I already have Punk-Pink! on MySpace, DeviantArt, Smack Jeeves, and ComicSpace, and I have HapoVille.com to migrate to in the worst case scenario, so I wouldn't technically NOT have anywhere to go, but Drunk Duck seems to be where I get the most feedback from people, so it's not like I wouldn't be losing anything, either.

Posted at

I would be very sad, I can't imagine going anywhere else. I may be fairly new to this site but I love it. I just may have to learn how to build my own site if that ever happens.

herio
herio
Posted at

go back to hanging around gaia more offen

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

I'd die.I made too many friends here.I would keep on making comics but I'd be really depressed.

Knuckles
Knuckles
Posted at

I sincerely doubt that DD will be going away anytime soon. We have such a great and large community here who have contributed so much and continue to do so. If DD does end up going away, howere, then I'm pretty sure someone from the community will work on trying to resurrect it in some shape or form again.

Molechan
Molechan
Posted at

D: I'd probably be sad. I'd miss the possibility for feedback, but I do have other places to post, so it's not like it'd be all over.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.