Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

The Godfather sends his congratulations to the newly elected mayor and pardoner. He is sure that they would be much more happy to be working for him than to serve the puny masses.

I expected something like this but am still absolutely disgusted that the godfather thinks it is that easy to buy us out. There is nothing he can do against us if we don't join him, he doesn't have enough mafia to get through the bodyguards- I'm not afraid of him, and our masses aren't puny, we outnumber his men 4 to 1. (And really, 'puny masses' is an oxymoron, how smart is this guy anyway?)

I reject the crime lord's foolish offer! I will do my damndest to hunt him down and see him dead!

People of Townston, this has been a difficult day. It will be a difficult night. There well may be killings or even explosions as fear runs rampant among townies and the mafia realize this may be their safest night. But there may also be heroic rescues, and every crime leaves clues. If we stand together, keep our heads, and refuse to be bullied- we can drive the mafia from our town for good!

Who does that mafia bastard think he is? The people of Townston are the most morally upright I know, withe the exception of garbage like him.

odysseus55
odysseus55
Posted at

So if I dont have a night duty I need to wait until the day cycle to do stuff? I am soo confused. I will wait and watch for a few days to see how things work.

But I think this will be a fun game!

Hail Mayor Ozone.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hooray! The town of Townston made the right choice. We'll work together to eliminate this mafia menace!

In the meantime, I'm quite unwell and will have to take a short break.
(f****ing migrain headache damnit. this is not part of the game. I think I'm going to be sick)

Posted at

Who does that mafia bastard think he is?

He probably thinks he's the godfather and I'll wake up with my prize thoroughbred's head in my bedsheets. :)

I'm sorry citizens, this is not a time for jokes! Ozoneocean and I will do our best to protect you all. I gracefully accept my defeat and will cooperate with whatever Ozone plans, so long as I feel it is in the best interests of the town. But you mafia… your days are numbered.

(Now I go to bed for 8 hours, no more fancy speeches)

Edit:
So if I dont have a night duty I need to wait until the day cycle to do stuff? I am soo confused. I will wait and watch for a few days to see how things work.

I think people who don't have a night duty will still end up chatting amongst themselves and speculating about guilt and motive, putting out clues true or false, etc. If you aren't sure about something I'm sure BK would be happy to answer.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

But I think this will be a fun game!

Hail Mayor Ozone.

Indeed. He has made a shining example for all of us. I pray only that his archetypal morals can get us through the dark nights ahead.

Posted at

I think people who don't have a night duty will still end up chatting amongst themselves and speculating about guilt and motive, putting out clues true or false, etc. If you aren't sure about something I'm sure BK would be happy to answer.

Yes~ It is why the night cycle is shorter. That way everyone else doesn't have to spend two days waiting for a minority of people with night abilities.

Just to let you guys know, the narrative will be done using the "he" pronoun for practical reasons:
1. I'm not 100% sure of everyone's genders here.
2. I think some of you aren't 100% sure either. :D
3. I suspect there isn't going to be an even split between male and female players.

Posted at

some ones going to mess up by day 2, they better hope they didn't mess up too badly.
*drinks warrior stew*

Nersop
Nersop
Posted at

Oh wait, it's nighttime, then?

Anyway, you have to wonder… with all these people posting and throwing accusations around and acting suspicious and whatnot, you also really need to look at the fact that there are those that don't talk, most likely for the purpose of not giving away their roles by slipping something up.

Just a thought.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I think they don't talk because they are absent.
That will make things hard.

As mayor I'll start communicating with people now, broadly following Skoolmunkee's brilliantly outlined strategy.

So far I have suspicions regarding some players, but not enough to go on. With our honest townies outnumbering the mafias 4 to one, we can afford to loose some people, but I'd rather not. If we can get the mafia's numbers down early, the chance they they might win becomes less.
————
Edit.
There, Following Skool's post election strategy, I've PQed everyone requesting their roles.
How they answer me, or even wether they choose to answer at all will help me decide who is what. :)

Nersop
Nersop
Posted at

Edit.
There, Following Skool's post election strategy, I've PQed everyone requesting their roles.
How they answer me, or even wether they choose to answer at all will help me decide who is what. :)

Wait, you're allowed to ask people what their role is?

waff
waff
Posted at

zzz…apparently so…zzz…that way if an inordinate amount…"turns over"…of people say they have a specific job…like 2 vigalantes… the mayor knows at least one of them is mafia…no tv i don't want applesauce…"rolls off bed"…must hold onto folder…baby pictures…zzz

Posted at

Well, technically speaking if 2 people say they are detectives or something, one of them isn't necessarly a mafia. They could just be someone trying to mess with everyone. I'm sure there are going to be some people in this game who are motivated for some reason to be not completely honest. :] Heck, neither of them could be the real detective.

But that's ozone's problem now, not mine! lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wait, you're allowed to ask people what their role is?
According to BK, yes I am. For the reasons Waff said.

People don't have to answer if they don't want though. But it will help the town if they do, and help themselves as well. 10 of you are just plain townies with no special roles.

The pardoner and the mayor (Skool and I), can also have been townies with no special role before they got their current roles, but as we've discussed they could also already have a special role or be mafia.

Fortunately I was a townie with no special role, so that makes it easier for me to know who's who since that's one less name on the list.
————
if someone wants to mess around and claim they're a role when they aren't and they aren't mafia, that makes them a suspect for lynching, so they're an idiot to do that.

Posted at

Fortunately I was a townie with no special role, so that makes it easier for me to know who's who since that's one less name on the list.

I think we should operate on the assumption that anyone could be a mafia, even the mayor- why would a regular townie want so much to be mayor? Just because you're mayor doesn't mean you're suddenly above suspicion or that we should believe you're a regular townie beacuse you say so… I think you and I are the most suspicious people in the town right now. People might not want to be honest with you just because of that. :]

if someone wants to mess around and claim they're a role when they aren't and they aren't mafia, that makes them a suspect for lynching, so they're an idiot to do that.
I don't think so, necessarily- it would also make the OTHER person a suspect, and valuable time would be lost by trying to figure it out. They might be counting on people's reluctance to lynch someone potentially innocent, or useful. Or they could just be trying to make things as complicated as possible for everyone else and don't really mind if they end up getting lynched or not.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Alright. Since I'm a procrastinating nut who thinks she has more time than she really does…I'm going to make a comic page outlining the first day. I got the script outlined all ready. Course, since I see more people than others, it will be them. It is not a matter of preference, it is a mater of what has been imprinted in my brain. Besides. This will give me something to do during work. We are allowed to do anything but be on the computer.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Brilliant Niccea!

I don't think so, necessarily- it would also make the OTHER person a suspect, and valuable time would be lost by trying to figure it out. They might be counting on people's reluctance to lynch someone potentially innocent, or useful. Or they could just be trying to make things as complicated as possible for everyone else and don't really mind if they end up getting lynched or not.
I don't think so… it makes both suspect. And if the person is only doing it to screw around, well, that/s how it has to be!

waff
waff
Posted at

zzz…very good idea niccea…zzz…you have my favor…zzz…and skoolmunkee's point makes sense…zzz "sets alarm clock in sleep"zzz…

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Skoolmunkee, on the contary, a mafia person would keep their head down and try to be ignored, someone shouting and making lots of noise and wild accusations is obviously a townie. No mafia would deliberately draw attention to themselves unless they had too.
The correct suspects are the ones doing and saying as little as possible.

Posted at

Skoolmunkee, on the contary, a mafia person would keep their head down and try to be ignored, someone shouting and making lots of noise and wild accusations is obviously a townie. No mafia would deliberately draw attention to themselves unless they had too.
The correct suspects are the ones doing and saying as little as possible.

You're only saying that because YOU are a mafia and don't want us to be suspicious of you.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

If I am a mafia, I would be the worst mafia the world has ever seen.
Why would a mafia make as much noise as I do?
that would be silly!
Obviously I am just a townie who is drunk on the power of being able to lynch people.
That might make me a bad person (no , actually it deffinitely makes me a bad person), but I am also the person LEAST likely to be mafia.

I mean I've said things earlier about how I hope ozone is mafia so he can make me a made man and I can sell out to him.
No mafia would draw attention to themselves in this manner! That is just silly!

From now on, when ever you consider who to kill, I will always be at the top of the list because I have drawn so much attention. If I was a mafia I would have just kept my head down and let you kill each other.

And don't say "oh it might be a double bluff". Why would I go to that much trouble when I could just keep my head down as a mafia and avoid any attention at all?

As I said, I am just a townie who is bitter that he didn't get a more interesting role and wants to lynch other people whenever possible.

Posted at

Maybe I'll just totally discard everything you say because you just sound so insane lol!

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Okay people lets all calm down, no matter what really happens during the night cycle, we'll hopefully get more clues on the matter of the mafia.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Okay people lets all calm down, no matter what really happens during the nigh cycle, we'll hopefully get more clues on the matter of the mafia.
Very true. I already have some suspects though, thanks to Skool's plan. :)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

*mumbles conspiracy theory about who is in the mafia*

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.