Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Zachary was simply sprinting through the streets, taking in the sights and sounds as they blurred past him. He loved the thrill of running, the feeling of being able to anything- except see the foot that suddenly was stuck out in front of him. "Gaaah!" He screamed, and landed in a large globe fountain. He swirled around for a bit, trying to find a way out, and then swum quick through and grabbed a hold of the railing. He pulled himself out and gasped for air, wondering who would pull something like that. He found his answer when he looked up. A Dragoon, about 17, was looking down on him, smiling in a way that was not at all pleasant.
"Well well well, looks like we have someone disturbing the peace!"
"What, I didn't-"
"I'll have to do my duty as a citizen, and beat the hell out of you if you don't pay me all you've got for wasting my time."
"Rin didn't say anything about-"
"Aw, who's Rin? A imaginary friend of yours? You gonna cry kid?"
"I'll make you cry!" Zach said agressivly, as he quickly pulled out his knife.
"Ah! He's gonna murder me! He's gonna murder me, a honest and respectable member of me own community!" Yelled the Dragoon, as he ran screaming, wings flapping uselessly. Everyone that was watching this strange episode then returned to what they were doing before, as if the Dragoon was always trying to cause trouble. The children were so obsorbed in their games they didn't even notice anything. They also didn't notice as Zach liberated a good share of coins from them."They probably would have wasted it on sweets anyways,"said the Rouge"Now, where is that dating class for theives I saw a few streets ago?"

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

(Remain in character Same)

Rin walked out of the cafe, Mr. Z as he was called had dissapeared, the air was still brisk as ever as she walked down the street, she noticed Fras sitting on a bench with a ciggerete, she crinkled her nose to the thought of the smell, and moved on. Shirk was making a meal out of a squirrel, and young Zachary had found his way into the hands of one of the local trouble makers, along with him makinga away with some cash that was not his. "Ahem" she coughed behind the young rogue, she towered over him, an irritated look on her face, "Thievery is not tolerated in these wall. Now I suggest you hand that over to me, before I have to take more severe actions."

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I-I'm sorry miss, it's just that the Dragoon, and he said I only had imaginary friends, and, and…aw, I messed up. Here…(Hands over coins). Green is trying to get me to stop, but when I get mad, I find that picking pockets helps me clam down. I didn't want to scare anyone…besides, I left some candies for them for the coins…I'm a dissapointment to society, I know. "How did your parents raise you?""You lad, should be lynched for ruining the Baron's feast! But we're just going to put you in hold till that green fellow shows up.""Hey look, it's a rouge, let's beat the living tar out of 'im!""You just scuffed my shoes you punk! You don't scuff an officers shoes and get away with it! Boys, get him!" You know what that last guy did? He sent eight big regulators on me, they pushed me over and started hitting me, then I curled up to lessen the damage, but then two of them stretched me out while a third kept kicking me in the ribs. They kept doing this until Green showed up and saved me. So I get lots of bad memories, the looting of a few coins here and there helps keep back the pains, I don't want to go crazy like Ryan the Rouge did. He was my brother, in one town I was asked if related to him, turns out they asked because he kept screaming my name, for me to save him from the wolves. So…that's why I steal. You can take me away now, just-just please don't hurt me…(Tears streaming down face)

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

Sloth suddenly started to move. He slowly started dragging himself foward, to get to the group of soldiers around the corner, he needed a hospital. Suddenly, a speeding Dragoon punk started running his way down the street. "Out of the way you stupid git! theres a murderer at the fountain, I fought him hard but he was too crazy! Run!" and with that, the punk had crushed his skull with his boots, and then ran into the soldiers, and then started running away.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Sloth! Why, why does everyone I know die? Die or go mad? Please lock me up, for the safety of everyone else as well as my own…is-is there really any g-d? If people like Sloth and Green die but I live?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Rin blinked, she bopped Zach on the head. "I'm not taking you in…" she groaned, her eyes rolled. "And I didn't exactly need a life story… Anyway, the business at the office should be taken care of, your team can go there now if you'd like. Just make sure it's a unanimous vote, we don't want any people who don't want to be there" she looked at the teary eyed youth, her tail twitched, as did her nose. "And stop blubbering kid, you'll become dog meat if you cry about every little thing.."

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

"Okay, I'll try…it's just there's been lots of death around, I saw some of my relatives die in the attack. It was, well, gory…the thing ripped her leg off, then rammed it through her skull. It's left me kinda emotionally shattered here. And Sloth just dying didn't really help me out much…okay, sorry to have wasted your time, I'll go round up everyone else…but, uh, what about that Dragoon? Shouldn't he be arrested or something? He tried to mug me, and he killed Sloth. And, um, Sloth was a soldier, could you give him a soldiers burial? and do you mind if we come to it?"

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

A sweatdrop dropped down Rin's forhead. "I'm just a patrol officer… you'll have to talk to the chief about that…" her face sunk.

"The brats probably already in custody, the dragoon that is." her ears twitched a little as she walked off.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Narration 6

(Sorry this took a while, was giving people time to RP)

Rin moved swiftly through the streets, the now assembled team following her, her cat tail twitched as Zach got uncomfortably close to her, Fras eyed her up from the side, beads of sweat ran down her face. As the approached the station, the crowd grew thinner, more soldiers walked about, two guards with massive shields stood outside the station. "Guardian Souls." Rin pointed to one, "They're mechanized soldiers that know no pain, making very relentless guard dogs." Beyond the gate was a large stretch of crystal blue water, a bright white marble bridge went across it, a patrol of guards came walking up it, nodding to Rin as they went by. She lead the group further along the bridge, large black forms could be seen in the water below. She didn't pay them any mind however. Shirk looked over the edge, beady red eyes returned his gaze and he went back to following the cat girl. "They're Ether Sharks." she stated, "They feed off the Ether of spells, with them in the waters around the station, it makes a Tech Whizz pretty much useless, as all their ether would be devoured by the sharks."
"Glad I'm not a tech whizz" Fras muttered, he adjusted his ratty coat, giving a look towards Green who yawned a zombie yawn. "Right." he muttered. Shirk followed the woman quietly, despite his massive size he made little sound. Beyond the bridge was a marble platform, upon it a building made of obsidian and marble, spiraling together in a black and white pattern, before them stood a bearded man in white, he eyed up the arrivals. "So these people are them?" he asked gruffly. Rin nodded before stepping to the side.
"I am Colonel Whitemoon" the man introduced himself, he looked to be in his 50's roughly, a gruff looking man, many scars upon his face, a pair of gold spectacles sitting on the bridge of his wide nose.
"Weren't we supposed to meet with Mister Z?" Shirk spoke first, the colonel casted him a cold glance, "You must prove yourself first." he said, "That is why I am here, if I deem you worthy, you can meet Mr. Z."
"I see" Green cut in, "But before we begin, I must ask, who is Mr. Z exactly?"
"You will find out only if you prove yourself worthy." the colonel's face did not express any emotion as he said this. Green let out an irritated sigh. "Fine whatever." the corpse finally groaned.

"Tell me when you are ready to begin." Whitemoon waved a hand to them, the nodded, Rin stepped in front of them. "Before you do, I want to teach you something."
"What's that?" Shirk growled.
"Combo moves."
"Combo moves?" Fras raised a brow, "What the hell do you mean?"
"A combo is a attack that combines two different people. It can deal more damage with your attack, but you can only use it once every so often (4 turn cool down)"
"So basically, Shirk and I could deal more damage if we worked together?" Zach chimed in, Rin nodded, "However you can only combo with one person, you cannot do multiple. (PQ your partner first, then once agreed, both PQ the GM who you wish to combo with, if they match up, The combo will occur) I will also help you out, so if you wish to use me in a combo just ask (First one to send in the request to Combo with Rin gets her) and I'll be at your side."
"Why are you helping us?" Shirk asked.
"Think of it as hands on training"
"I see." Fras grunted, "So what's the combo to make you take off your top?"
"…" Rin's ears twitched with annoyance at the elf.

"Okay, Okay I get it." Fras muttered, turning his attention to the colonel.
"We're ready!!!" Zach shouted, the colonel gave him an irritated look.
"I'm not deaf child" he growled.

"Sorry." Zach squeaked, Shirk moved forward, drawing his sword and shield, Green stood off to the side pulling out his duel revolvers. Fras reached into his coat pulling out his revolver. Zach unsheathed his blade.

Combat

Enemy

Colonel Whitemoon.
HP:???
Strength:???
Agility:???
Defense:???

Ally:

Rin
HP: ???
Strength: ???
Agility: ???
Defense: ???

Posted at

"I don't like the idea of fighting an old man…but it you insist."

Posted at

"Zack always remember to respect your elders," Green said in a serious voice. "And in this case respecting your elders means fighting them," he said in a more humorious voice. He pointed his revolvers at the Colonel. "Lets do this thing before I start to rot."

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

(-waits for Mett-)

Rin looks at the rogue, who just stood there. "Anytime now…" she muttered

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

*Large intake of air* Uh, I think I got some sewer mold in my lungs…but It's fine, I'll fight it off. Alright, lets do this!

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Attack

"Alright old man, you asked for this." Fras grinned, putting away his revolver, he charged at the colonel, drawing back his fist, he threw it forward, the colonel grabbed it, throwing Fras into the air, after reaching 10 feet, he began to fall, smashing hard into the marble. (Fras takes 6 damage)
Green grit his teeth. "Come on Rin! Show me how this combo thing works!" he shouted, Rin nodded, running forward, she drew her sword, it was a massive claymore. "Green get in front of me!" she shouted, Green blinked, but did as he told. "You have to jump just right or I'm going to end up smashing your head off."
"WHAT?!"
"Just trust me! When I swing, jump and aim your feet towards my blade!"
"FINE!" Rin drew back her sword, sending it forward as Green jumped, the blade hit his feet and he jumped off it, propelled by the force of the swing Green launched high into the air and broke into a fully vertical spin, upside down, he aimed both revolvers at the colonel and unloaded, the bullets coming down like lead rain. The colenal drew his duel massive blades, and held one over his head, the bullets sparked off of it. The other bladed parrying the charging rin and sending her flying back towards the group. (Rin takes 4 damage) Shirk growled, he readied his blade and charged at the Colonel, who smashed Green with the hilt of his blade as the soldier came down, (Green takes 7 damage (no armor)) sending him skidding off the bridge. Green clung on for dear life, the Ether sharks eyeing him up hungrily. The wolf's blade came down, but a large blade parried it, forcing the massive beastman back, Shirk's eyes widened as he recieved a blow to the ribs from the colenal's plated heel. (Shirk takes 3 damage)
He let out an irritated growl. Zach shot forward, sliding in between the Colonel's leg, he went to stab his thigh, only to get a plated fist smashed into his stomach, which then proceeded to grab his coat and whip him back at the rest of the group, Zach skidded to a halt (Zach took 5 damage)
"Pathetic." the colonel muttered.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Shirk growled. "NONE OF OUR ATTACKS ARE WORKING!"
"A little help guys?!" Green shouted as the sharks began to jump, Rin pulled the undead back onto the bridge. "Theres a reason he's in command…" Rin muttered.
"Yeah I noticed…"
"You can't just attack him blindly on your own"
"You mean, the only way to get a hit is to combo him?" Fras twitched.
"YOu are a team aren't you?"
"Sorta" Fras scratched his chin.
"We're a great team!" Zach chimed
"When you keep your trap shut, yes we're great." Fras glared
"Hey! I take offense to that!"
"Do not."
"DO TO!"
"Can we get on with this? I'd like to take out the trash." The colonel growled, he readied his blades, and began to charge.

Defense

You can brace for impact (Simply RP it) to reduce damage taken. You cannot RP him attacking you, merely yourself being ready for it. You can also use defensive skills, Like For Glory in this phase. Rin cannot defend, but you can defend her, doing so may be helpful to you if she's feeling generous.

Posted at

Bracing myself and redying my shield I use my "for glory" technique.

Posted at

Green moved back a bit and braced himself for the worse. "If combos mean me getting close I think I rather not. Don't get me wrong I like flying through the air as much as the next guy, I just don't like getting hit by melee attacks!" Green said angrily at the fact that he had listen to Rin and ran up to the opponent when his weapons were range.

((I'd like to use the Long Range skill, if it isn't a skill that is always active.))

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

(Waits for Mett, and Same to do a defencive move, they've got 3 more hours, and I'll just move on with a narration. Whitemoon can't take 3 days to attack, that'd just be silly)

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

"Okay, I don't see how much I can be useful here, you guys brace for impact. I'm going to slip out, see the angles of the battlefield and such. I'll be back when it's time to attack again."As I slip away I start to hum-"And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar"-

(Move used: One With The Shadows)

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Defense Phase

Whitemoon charged forward, his massive swords drawn back, he swung out towards the unprepared Fras, but his attack was diverted by a shrill howl from Shirk, a red aura appeared around the wolf, for some reason, Whitemoon couldn't fight against it. (Shirk used For Glory) the massive blades slammed against Shirk's shield, the rusted metal cracking away from the sheer force, the blades suddenly opened up, revealing energy blades. "Covers?!" Shirk howeled as his shield was sliced in half. (Templar shield broken) "PATHETIC!" Whitemoon roared gashing open Shirk's chest, (Shirk takes 13 damage) the wolf let out a howl of pain as blood splattered from his wounds, "Dammit!" he growled, Rin shot foward, compelled by Shirk's bravery, she jumped onto the wolf's back, startling him at first, Whitemoon went in for anything swing, this time parried by one of Green's revolvers. "Uh-uh!" Green yelled, "This fight isn't over!" while Green held the massive blade in check with his crossed guns, Rin moved downward and placed a small pill inside Shirk's wound. A loud howl echoed through the city as the wound bubbled, and burned, but it began to close. (Shirk healed for 20)

"So thats what Rin can do." Zach muttered fading into the shadows as he back up. Whitemoon slammed his sword down hard, slicing into the marble bridge, and forcing Green's revolvers apart, he jumped back, bits of debri slicing at him, but no real damage.

"Alright…" Green muttered, "Now what?"
"We hit him with everything we've got." Shirk growled, picking up the broken half of his shield.

"But you can't use that move of yours for a while." Green muttered.
"Don't worry about it, if we can finish him this time, we'll be golden."
"Fine, whatever." Green reloaded his guns. Fras cracked his knuckles, Rin sat on Shirk's shoulder.

Attack Phase

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Attack

Shirk nodded to the shadows, Zach shout of out of them, jumping in front of the wolf, Shirk threw his sword into the air, Zach grabbed it, before being snatched up by the massive figure. Shirk threw his arm back, the small rogue loaded like a slingshot, and then, with a howl, Shirk shot his arm forward, whipping Zach at Whitemoon. The small rogue held out his blade ready to impale the man.

Green jumped back, "Rin lets try this again, this time no flinging me!"
"Right" Rin nodded. The revolvers cylinder's turned, Green opened fire on Whitemoon who used one of his massive blades to harmlessly repel the bullets, however Rin shot to the side, jumping onto the bridge's rail, she wall-ran to his right flank, Zach came from his left, and the bullets kept coming from Green, with an irritated roar, he flung his other sword out, smashing Zach out of the air, who slammed into the ground (Zach takes 4 damage) He went to swing his blade at Rin, when he felt a warm sensation around his throat, he looked down to see a wolf's fangs only meters from his neck, the blade stopped, and Rin impaled Whitemoon in the side. The Colonel let out a few cusses.
"Still think we're pathetic?" Shirk growled, the vibrations of his voice hitting his foe's throat. The Colenal looked down at the wolf, and then his soldier who had stabbed him. Crimson blood oozed from his lips, "I admit, that was well played… Using the soldier, and the rogue in such a way…" he chuckled to himself.

"Very well… You may pass" with that Whitemoon swung out his blades, hitting both of them harmlessly with the hilt, but hard enough to knock them off. He pulled out Rin's sword, and placed a pill in the wound, gritting his teeth, as the wound bubbled and healed.

Rin panted a bit, looking to the rest of the team. "Good work" she said, Green nodded, trying to reload his guns. Fras stood off to the side with an irritated look on his face, "He gave up before I could hit him." he growled.
"You man enter the barracks now." Whitemoon said turning around and heading for it.
"We have some work for you."

With that the team followed him into the obsidian and marble building. When they entered, they saw several women working on computers, a man sleeping on the watercooler, who Whitemoon gruffly woke up. They made their way down a spiralling hallway to a large black door.

"Mr. Z is behind that." Whitemoon jerked his finger at it.
"Thanks." Shirk grunted as he pushed upon the doors, behind a white marble desk, sat a familiar figure, he had a white fedora, white suit and a smug look.
"Its that guy from the sewers!" Zach shot, the little rogue blinked a few times. "So he's not the theif boss?"
"No Zach, thats only in your little dillusions." Fras rolled his eyes. The white cladded man looked up from what he was doing, a word problem, and to the new arrivals. "Ah hello, so you managed to get past Whitemoon here?"
"Just barely." Whitemoon grunted.
"I see." Mr. Z put his hands together. "Well welcome all the same, I hear you're survivors of the strain of Shadow Plague that hit the Obsidian Rock."
"Yes" Shirk grunted.
"I have a few jobs for you if you're interested, you'd be payed most graciously mind you."

"Jobs you say? You mean as in we can get money? And then use said money on classy women, and expensive drinks?" Green chimed in, Rin shot him a dark glare, he turned his head away scratching his chin.

"If thats how you want to spend your reward…" Mr. Z gave him a puzzled look, "I've never had to pay for a woman's company."
"You'd scare em away?" Fras grinned.

The white cladded man seemed to give the dark elf no mind, but got up. "Alright, if you look to the board to your right, you'll see several missions posted, I want you to complete that one."

He raised a black leather glove and pointed to a peice of paper.

Quest

Name: Eliminate the Deserters
Description: Several soldiers have deserted out of fear of the oncoming shadow plague. However having them wandering around with our information is a no no. I want you to hunt them down and put an end to ur 'problem' once you do this, return to me with their uniforms so that I know the deed is done.

Private Grizmal was last seen in the Dimhart Forest.

Private Lucy was last seen near the Echoewave coast.

Private Bob fell off a cliff and died. We just haven't had time to retrieve his uniform.

Sargent Helstrin was last seen in the Blacksun Cave.

Rewards: 200Currency

You may pick one:

Reinforced Templar Shield
Defence: 35

Standard Dagger:
Attack 10

Standard Blade:
Attack 14

Standard Rifle
Attack 20 (2 handed)

Polished Claymore
Attack 18 (2handed)

Posted at

After a good deal of grumbling and cursing about my broken shield I growl "I'm up for a quest, have to make money somehow."

Posted at

"I do love money and guns. But before I say I'm in I would like all the intell you have about these deserters. Fighting styles, race, appearnence, strenghs, weakness, weapons, personalities, and measurements in the case of Private Lucy. You know the basics." Green started with a serious tone that changed into an amuse tone.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.