Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

the entropy of the universe as it expands into nothingness and then contracts into a reverse big bang

the moon falling out of earth's orbit therefore destabalizing the earth axis

Blitz
Blitz
Posted at

I fear nothing.

Not even fear itself.

I'm that badass.

marine
marine
Posted at

I face your fear everyday. Sometimes more then two bowls worth Skool.

Posted at

i have a fear of being invited to a talk show…2/3 it wont be good news

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

pulling out the ol' FDR quote there, Blitz?

Posted at

I face your fear everyday. Sometimes more then two bowls worth Skool.

Nah, it's obvious those are made by machine. See, that's what I mean by 'organic' … there has to be a certain randomness to them.

Blitz
Blitz
Posted at

pulling out the ol' FDR quote there, Blitz?

The who?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone else has said that before. =/

Kiseki_kun
Kiseki_kun
Posted at

My fear is….Having artists block when you've got a deadline!! Just kidding :P Let me see…Getting bit by large animal 0_o Like bigfoot, uhmm…Getting stabbed by some unexpected object, like a ruler! OMG. I've been watching too much anime…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Falling… and never stoping

thats my version of hell.
That sounds nice to me, thrilling even. It'd get boring after a while though.

Loneliness is ok. You can get used to that. Getting close to people can be much scarier… Being ignored is also pretty scary- like being a ghost; unable to have any influence on the world, nobody listening to you, even though you can see everything happening and go anywhere. If there's a god, especially the kind Christians talk about, I imagine it'd be stuck like that. That'd be awful.

Spiders are lovely creatures. That's something people need to get over.

Death is scary, especially if there's nothing after it. But if there really isn't anything after death, then at least you can't ever die because you can never know that you have. So you're aware and then there's no "you" any longer. Your world ends with you as well. :)

Being in a vegetative state isn't scary to me. I wouldn't like that to happen, but I'd rather carry on that way than be dead. Maybe there’s some kind of random dreamy state within it? My only fear is that someone would pull the plug on me…

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I have this fear of free-falling. That feeling where your stomach feels like it's moved up into your throat? Yeah, I can't handle that. My body absolutely freezes up and I start shaking. So… I'm not really a fan of roller coasters. I don't mind the small ones with loops and stuff, it's just the drop that scares me shitless.

That, and I have a fear that I am/will be mediocre at everything I do in life. Essentially it's a fear that I'll fail at life, I suppose.

And the future. The future is scary.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I have this fear of free-falling. That feeling where your stomach feels like it's moved up into your throat? Yeah, I can't handle that. My body absolutely freezes up and I start shaking. So… I'm not really a fan of roller coasters. I don't mind the small ones with loops and stuff, it's just the drop that scares me shitless.

That, and I have a fear that I am/will be mediocre at everything I do in life. Essentially it's a fear that I'll fail at life, I suppose.

And the future. The future is scary.

Well, you don't have to worry about falling. It's like I was saying to my friend Margaret: Falling isn't that bad, really. Actually it's kind of thrilling. It's the landing that you have to worry about, and on roller coasters, you're secure to the track, so there's no real impact with the ground until you step off the train. Roller coasters are for a good thrill; they're not torture machines or anything.

The same thing is true for the future. The future isn't scary; the things that might happen, prompted by the choices you make, are. That's why you need a track to secure yourself to. And keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times. (Oooh! Extended metaphor!)

~IJ

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I've never really thought much about the landing part. Splat, you're dead. Ok. I just generally don't like the feeling of free-falling. Or maybe I subconsciously am afraid of the landing part… we'll never know.

The same thing is true for the future. The future isn't scary; the things that might happen, prompted by the choices you make, are. That's why you need a track to secure yourself to. And keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times. (Oooh! Extended metaphor!)

I suppose you're right. There are other things that are beyound my control that I sometimes worry about. Global Warming, politics, terrorism, oil supplies basically what the future of the world will be. Not really any reason why I should worry about those things… sometimes I just do. The future for the world seems quite hopeless at times.

Ah well, Que sera, sera.

Haha, IanJay can have a side job… I can see it now:

Ian Jay: Online Psychologist. Have you fears analyzed today!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

How do I know your not lying, Ian Jay?

How do I know that your are not just a bunch of randomly sequenced lines of code, put together to trick me? Huh?

.: Myxomatosis :.

Posted at

Alright, I guess I'll explain my fear of Desk Lamps.

When I was 3 years old… I had a dream.

In that dream, I got out of bed, and walked into my mother's room… which had a large green desklamp in it.

When I got into the room, the lamp turned on, on its own. Then it started growing…. a lot… but only at the flexible neck-thing.

Once it was at its full height, its light started pulling me in like a tractor beam. I held onto the floor trying to keep from being sucked in.

Eventually it sucked me in and ate me, turning me into electrical energy and dispersing me throughout its body.

Ever since that day, I've had a weird fear of desklamps o_O

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

I have a fear of heights
I have a fear of drowning
I have a fear of spiders and snakes

So…

If a spider riding a snake pushes me off a cliff and then I land in a lake and drown…..wow….sucks

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I have a tendency to think in "horror movie" terms when I'm all alone for an extended period of time. Like, "say, isn't this the part where the monster leaps out of the bushes?" or, "Man, if something was chasing me right now, that would be pretty scary."

But, I'm sure those kinds of thoughts cross peoples' minds all the time…

Okay, to get into something weirder; I'm generally uncomfortable with mirrors. I'll use them, don't get me wrong, but from time to time I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm going to look into one and see something I don't want to; like something behind me, or realize that my face is covered in blood and I somehow failed to notice on my own. I get a similar feeling if I look out of a dark window for too long. It's not to the degree that I cover all my windows and mirrors, but I do avoid unnecessary contact with them during "horro movie moments".

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Here's an interesting fear that I used to have.

When I was a little kid growing up in Colorado, I lived near (and I mean really near) this big shopping mall, called Park Meadows. It was a beautifully designed and luxurious "mountains' majesty"-themed mall, with lots of varnished wood and rough rock and copper. I really liked this mall myself, and always relished visits.

But almost all the entrances to the mall opened into these enormous high-ceilinged antechamber-type things with windows forming a ring around one large iron lantern dangling from the very top. When I was about seven or eight, I would always imagine me swinging from that lantern, grasping on by my fingertips, and then plummeting down to my death. I could feel the immense weight and space of the room pressing in on me. And then, for some reason, I would get this very shivery feeling all over my body, and I would rush as fast as I could into the smaller promenade of the actual mall.

This started happening more and more frequently. Whenever I would go into a large, open building or space inside a building, I would get the willies. I eventually started refer to it as "reverse claustrophobia", or a fear of wide open spaces. (I might have even gotten it outside a few times.)

But then, one day (I suppose I must have been about nine years old, give or take a few months), I just stopped. Just like that. I didn't fear large spaces anymore.

Of course, it didn't go away completely. I suppose I get the occasional tingle from time to time. But it's more of a nuisance than an actual fear.

~IJ

spaz201
spaz201
Posted at

I don't have many fears, I have a highetedn respect for dangerous things, but not so much fears.

But The one thing that scares me is becoming paralized or put into a vegitative state, or becoming brain dead. People who can live like that have my respect because I couldn't.

I never get it when people are afraid of spiders though, All my friends are, one will litteraly spaz if you say you saw one. To me their just benefical little acrades eating damn flying bugs.

But, tapeworms creep me out like hell. All tape and worm like.

And as a little kid I was afraid of Old people. I'd hold my breath when an edlerly person walked by because I thought old was contagious. I have no idea why.

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

when i was a little kid Santa scared the schiznit out of me. Something about the idea of him still creeps me out.

Marl
Marl
Posted at

I'm actually quite scared of tommorow. 6/6/6. Eeeeeeep

The perfect day to have a three-hour maths exam, eh? *grimaces*

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Unguarded heights (No/low railing, ladders, etc), speaking in front of a crowd without a microphone/instrument/podium/whatever,

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.