Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Forum Fighters! By Mettaur, Hakoshen, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Votes are almost over! Today the votes end, and tomorrow the end narration will be up!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

There is not yet anything prepared in case of a tie, so try and break the tie, okay guys?

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i'm voting for team one. if the bowman takes out the horse on the other team while its on the bridge it but a nice block giving time for the other horseman to stab the fallen rider while he's stumblin' making it 2 vs 3 plus horse.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Okay, late by a few minutes, but we have a tie-breaker! Winner is, Team One! Okay, brag and moan, we need to come up with another fight. Thanks for helping Forum Fighters back on it's feet!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Actually, we did consider fiction fights, but decided against it until we are deeper into this.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Okay, I know we decided against fiction fights, but Hakoshen wanted me to do this one. A Brotherhood of Steel Paladin from Fallout 3, versus a Gear from Gears Of War.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

This post is reserved for voting only.

BOS Paladin,
Votes: Four.
Who voted: TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Mettaur, Hakoshen, ParkerFarker.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin_(Fallout_3)
Gear,
Votes: Two.
Who voted: Alwinbot, I Am The 1337 Master.
http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Gear

Paladin is winning by 2 votes! With a total of, 4 votes!

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

A gear. No doubt. They've got chainsaws on their guns.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Granted, it's not a bayonet, but there's lots of chainsaws in Fallout as well.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Granted, it's not a bayonet, but there's lots of chainsaws in Fallout as well.
but it's not a gun!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

You could use it as a gun, actually, get a fatman launcher and just load it with rippers!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Plus you can't shoot a lancer and start the chainsaw at the same time. But who needs a lancer when you've got a laser gatling gun?

Posted at

I'm not familiar with either game but laser beats chainsaw bayonet in my opinion.

My vote goes to Paladin. Now Mett can remove the sad faces.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I think officially I'm going to go with the Paladin… complete armor coverage and mobile gatling guns, with bullet or laser versions.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

I think officially I'm going to go with the Paladin… complete armor coverage and mobile gatling guns, with bullet or laser versions.
But think of all the bullets that the gears can soak up. Also, they have crazy agility. With all that rolling in the mud and front flips and crap.

It'll be hard to hit them. And the gears also have a hammer of dawn. Which is pretty much a space satellite laser.

Posted at

But think of all the bullets that the gears can soak up. Also, they have crazy agility. With all that rolling in the mud and front flips and crap.

It'll be hard to hit them. And the gears also have a hammer of dawn. Which is pretty much a space satellite laser.
True but Paladins also have access to this.

It's pretty hard to dodge a mini-nuke.

Posted at

I'm gonna put my vote towards the palagear.

alright alright, paladin.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

True but Paladins also have access to this.

It's pretty hard to dodge a mini-nuke.
This is the hammer of dawn. That thing looks pretty heavy, while the hammer of dawn is a handheld remote control laser that controls the satellite. The paladin would die before he could load the nuke and fire it.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

The hammer of Dawn launcher is about the same size as a Lancer, which is a pretty huge gun, but it still would only weight about half as much as a fatman launcher, which is about 30 lbs (in game standard states 30 WG). The thing is, you have to be outside with a satellite overhead. It takes about 3 seconds from posting to beam connection, and a fatman launcher takes about 5 seconds to load and fire. Preloaded, it fires right away. Plus, in Fallout they have satellites capable of orbital bombardment as well. Case in point, the death of liberty Prime.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

The hammer of Dawn launcher is about the same size as a Lancer, which is a pretty huge gun, but it still would only weight about half as much as a fatman launcher, which is about 30 lbs (in game standard states 30 WG). The thing is, you have to be outside with a satellite overhead. It takes about 3 seconds from posting to beam connection, and a fatman launcher takes about 5 seconds to load and fire. Preloaded, it fires right away. Plus, in Fallout they have satellites capable of orbital bombardment as well. Case in point, the death of liberty Prime.
I think the hammer of dawn is a bit lighter considering it takes 4 hit to put down a guy and assuming the lancer is a hammerburst without the chainsaw, it would hypothetically take the lancer 2 hits.

And you need to remember these gears are gigantic. They're like walking tanks, so weight is no real problem with them. And also the gears have grenade launching weapons like the fatman. Not on the same explosive level, but it's disintegrate multiple enemies. You also have to account for their strange perfect reload skills which allow for almost instantaneous reloading.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.