Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I guess the difference is that most people generally don't look at the horrible things they've done in the past and post them in a "Funny Things" thread.

"Funny" is something that is subjective. What is funny to me may not be funny to you. And vice versa.

And especially for how regularly you complain about being regularly ostracized and mistreated when you were in school,

When was the last time I complained about that? 2003-2004 or so I guess. Yes. Back then I was younger, more immature, had more angst, and I had this I-hate-this-world mentality.

Now I still have this "I-hate-this-world" mentality. But now its being redirected to a more constructive form rather than destruction. Even if you pay me a million dollars in cash I still wont do that stupid shit.

it's pretty apparent now that you were quite the vindictive prick at the time, so the fact that people didn't apparently like you much doesn't surprise me.

And what do you expect me to do? Just shut up and suck it up and not scream? Its like if I punch you in the mouth and knock out one of your teeth. What would you do? Would you just stand there and take it and not be a "vindicative prick"?

"Vindicative prick" eh? You make me laugh. YOU are funny. lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You know… I didn't intent for this to be about "funny things at other's expense". It was more about just stuff that happened that made you laugh… Not about being mean :(

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Can we laugh at our own expense, then?

One time, I was sitting eating a banana and I had a piece of it in my hand, and somehow I squeezed it or something and it flew out of my hand and hit me in the forehead.
My older sister was sitting across the table from me and thought it was hilarious. But for some reason when I brought it up a few months later she didn't know what I was talking about, so I tried show her what I had done…and hit myself in the forehead again with the banana.

Posted at

I guess the difference is that most people generally don't look at the horrible things they've done in the past and post them in a "Funny Things" thread.

"Funny" is something that is subjective. What is funny to me may not be funny to you. And vice versa.

the fact that you even thought that it was funny is just….. wow. dude, nobody else in their right mind would even think THAT was funny.

I did some horrible things as a kid myself, as I'm sure everyone else did too… kids can be rather mean/superficial at times, even if they don't realize it at the time. like how during one week in middle school I constantly kept on calling this chubby girl "fatty", "chubby" and every other fat nicknames until she literally burst into tears over it. (looking back at it, I regret my stupid behavior. I was just in a mean mood that week and was looking for something to make fun of).

But at least I didn't look back on it as an adult and went: "Ha! that's funny how I terrorized that guy so much that he was paronid about the people who was the most dear and closest to him being the one who was terrorizing him! HAHAHAHA, he's probably an recluse hiding in the mountains far away from people now!"

not that I actually did those same things you did, but still you get the idea.

To get this back on topic–

When I was a kid I pretty much had stealth ninja skills where I could slip in and out unnoticed by people, and everyone would always go "hey, where did YOU come from?? I didn't see you coming in or anything!"
in fact my best friend was always mystified by how I would manage to disappear into thin air.

So one day I decided use this skill for "evil", so to speak. pranking people and all that. So I put on this scary-looking monster mask and would silently slip up behind people, and randomly grab them. most would just gasp and jump away as they were merely startled.
and I loved it when some actually would scream loudly and run out of the room.

however my antics were put to an end when my prank backfired. I decided to prank my best friend while she was getting ready for her swim club in the boarding school. So I silently slipped in, and hid in her locker when she wasn't looking. and when she opened up her locker, I jumped out at her still wearing that monster mask. She screamed, and punched me on the side of my head.
man, she had an mean left hook, that was for sure. it hurt so much, lol. I was actually lying on the floor clutching at the side of my head.
it was afterwards she recognized the rest of me, and were like: "that wasn't funny!" she laughed anyway afterwards.

DMH
DMH
Posted at

Went searching through my memory and came up with a little gem.

In Kindergarten, I was easily the most advanced child right out of the gate. I was self-taught in the basics you learn in that grade, such as how to read, write, count, add and draw simple shapes. Because of this, my mind tended to wander, a lot.

One day while trying to occupy myself after finishing another exercise ahead of the class, I recalled a show in which they got a bucket of stuff (Can't remember the show, but it was an old fashioned sitcom like the Partridge Family, Happy Days, Brady Bunch or another one of those types. Also cannot remember the contents of the bucket), placed it on the door while it was ajar and waited for some victim to open the door and cause the bucket to fall on their head.

With nothing better to do, I started coming up with a way to do this. I wasn't a cruel child and didn't want anyone getting too sticky or dirty, so I decided the bucket would be filled with clean water, so that the victim could just sit outside in the sun while they dried (Kids who dribbled or coughed up their drinks onto their clothes were sent outside for it to dry, which only took a few minutes. I didn't realise back then that being drenched would take longer). I also couldn't reach the top of the door, even with a ladder, so I enlisted my friends, who found it as hilarious as I did (Remember, we were all five).

Well, it came time for lunch and so the plan was put into play. As the shortest, I was made to guard the door to make sure no one would come along and bust us. After a few minutes, my friends called out and said everything was set up. We left and played so no one would realise it was us. Lunch ended and we all went back to class, with me in front of everyone, so I was first through the door…

No one had been in the room before I got there. I think you can guess what happened next. I ended up sitting outside for an hour waiting to dry.

Needless to say, ever since then I have been wary about pulling stunts I saw on TV.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Here's a prank idea.

Heard of those alcohol-free beers?
http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/index.php?cPath=2_12

Drink one of those in a car. And when you drive by a cop car, say "HI OFFICER!!! WAZZAP!!!" at the top of your lungs. Then hold out the bottle like you're giving cheers or something.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Here's a prank idea.

Heard of those alcohol-free beers?
http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/index.php?cPath=2_12

Drink one of those in a car. And when you drive by a cop car, say "HI OFFICER!!! WAZZAP!!!" at the top of your lungs. Then hold out the bottle like you're giving cheers or something.

I dunno; I think you can still get ticketed for deliberately wasting an officer's time. It's kinda like a lesser form of calling in a fake 911 call.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Monster head punch
Banana face gun
Bucket head
Those all had me laughing and laughing! :D

Good ones guys ^_^

Makes me remember one…
-When I was little I was a genius at hide and seek. I was really creative. I wouldn't just hide, but I'd hide where you couldn't normally hide, or somewhere silly like just behind a really thin tree when the seeker walked past and then silently move around the tree as they looked… then silently slip somewhere else. So I could never be found.

Anyway, during a birthday party I did that during the hide and seek game.. After hiding around the place for a while I came into the TV room, they were coming so I slipped under and beanbag… They stayed for ages, and then moved into the next room looking really really hard. So I stayed quiet and perfectly still, thinking what a freaking genius I was and how they were all idiots who'd NEVER find me! Anyway, I fell asleep under there.

They gave up looking and decided to watch TV.

Someone sat on me. -_-
the end.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

-When I was little I was a genius at hide and seek. I was really creative. I wouldn't just hide, but I'd hide where you couldn't normally hide, or somewhere silly like just behind a really thin tree when the seeker walked past and then silently move around the tree as they looked… then silently slip somewhere else. So I could never be found.

I was kind of like the opposite of that. I always thought of really elaborate hiding places that were found out in, like, two seconds. Like covering myself in a blanket and some padding and sitting in a chair so I look like I'm just part of the chair. Of course, I couldn't actually see how I looked from the outside, and it turns out it looked like a lumpy chair with a child-shaped lump in the middle. Or trying to hide under the sink, only there was already a bunch of stuff in there so I would move it all out, so that there was a suspicious pile of stuff right outside of my hiding place.

Posted at

Monster head punch
Banana face gun
Bucket head

Good ones guys ^_^
I wasn't acknowledged for my text prank :(

Seems we were similarly good in hide and seek Oz. I remember a fair share of moments where people gave up on finding me. There was this one HUGE house on an island where the father side of my family would gather during the summer. The children would entertain themselves hiding there and I frequently became the last to be found (that person got to seek in the next round). I was also a huge cheat because I had a really good ear. The seeker had to wait in a room while others went and hid and while waiting there, I could sense where everybody went. I could easily hear in which rooms of the house everybody went and thus simply visit those rooms and skip the ones I knew were empty. Worked like a charm. ^^

DMH
DMH
Posted at

I was also a huge cheat because I had a really good ear. The seeker had to wait in a room while others went and hid and while waiting there, I could sense where everybody went. I could easily hear in which rooms of the house everybody went and thus simply visit those rooms and skip the ones I knew were empty. Worked like a charm. ^^

Wow, that is a really good ear. I had good ears too, but never so good that I could tell in which room a person was.

In high school, we had these classrooms that was one large classroom, but in the middle had this folding wall that you could pull across to make two rooms. Anyway, when I was 13, one of the kids brought in this hook on a pole. It was strong, but small enough to fit under the temporary wall.

The teacher left to talk with the teacher on the other side and a few of my friends got bored and decided to poke the pole under. They managed to get a rubber (Eraser) that had fallen to the ground onto their side of the wall, and so started going for other things, such as pens and then eventually, backpacks.

Now, the teacher noticed the backpack moving to the back of the classroom, and so opened up the temporary wall to see who was behind it. She didn't say a word, but just watched as the kids kept pulling along the bag to the wall, getting more excited, before letting out a loud cheer when they got it all the way, which was quickly replaced by a groan when they saw the teacher there and realised she had watched the whole thing.

Can't remember what happened to them, but it was funny watching them go from oblivious to mortified.

Posted at

good ear
My ears are good but it does have a draw back. There's a certain kind of squeak that doesn't seem to bother anyone that leaves my helplessly wiggling on the floor with a massive migraine. It sucks that many shopping trolleys are capable of producing THAT EXACT SAME PITCH!!! Also, old brakes on bushes make that sound too. While others simply hear squeak, I hear squeICOMEFORYOURSOULHORRIBLENOISETHATSHATTERSMYEXISTENCEek.

I also secretly believe that I might be descendant of mole people because I can see amazingly well in dark but have a hard time keeping my eyes open in the middle of the day.

folding wall
My high school had a computer class room that was divided that way. Opening up that wall turned it into MONDO computer room. Many computer nerds dreamed of epic LAN sessions in that place.

tea_green
tea_green
Posted at

So I was working at a supermarket and I had to deal with a real chode of a woman. She made me go back over every single item because she was SURE that I had rung something up wrong. After that, she's looking at her receipt to see if there were some errors there. Finally, she storms off and I start ringing the lady behind her up. When I was sure that she was out of earshot, I said, "God, what a royal bitch!"

The lady looked appalled and after a few moments she said, "That was my daughter."

Oops.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Haha! Something like that happened to me once. I think it was in sixth grade, so quite a ways back.

It was the day that we got our report cards…on the bus home I was sitting beside this girl in my class who was clearly upset, and she told me that in a comment on her report card, the teacher accused her of plagiarism on a particular project!
I said "You didn't plagiarize…[other girl]'s project was the only one that was plagiarized."
She looked even more upset and told me "She was my partner for that project!"

Another funny story: during the warmer summer months, my best friend and I like to sit on top of this mailbox, just to observe the neighbourhood and chat and chill and whatnot. We don't disturb anyone, of course, we get off if someone needs to mail a letter.
Anyways, one day we're sitting there and this woman drives by and yells at us "I hope the police don't catch you there! That's an OFFENSE!" and drives off.
About ten minutes later, what do we see? That's right, a cop car! It went something like this:
Cops: "Yo, whatsup!"
Us: "Heeeeeey, Yo!"

heh. Dumb lady. I'm not sure what she thought the "offense" was, that we were vandalizing it in some way, maybe?

Posted at

Back when I was visiting Boise several months ago, I had rented a car to drive around. My friend lives near an elementary school on a busy road at a busy intersection, and no one ever follows the 20-mph lights when they're flashing.

Because I'm a good citizen I always follow speed limits (also because, speeding tickets suck). So as I'm driving through this school zone at a sedate 17 mph, my friend and I see a semi-hidden motorcycle cop radar-gunning everyone going through the zone. Right as I'm passing him he shouts "Thank you!"

I can't figure out if he was shouting at us and/or if he does that regularly… but it's pretty funny.

lba
lba
Posted at

So I was working at a supermarket and I had to deal with a real chode of a woman. She made me go back over every single item because she was SURE that I had rung something up wrong. After that, she's looking at her receipt to see if there were some errors there. Finally, she storms off and I start ringing the lady behind her up. When I was sure that she was out of earshot, I said, "God, what a royal bitch!"

The lady looked appalled and after a few moments she said, "That was my daughter."

Oops.

That reminds me of something I did like that. It was last semester and I was poking around the junior/senior illustration studios to see what they were doing while I was waiting for some paintings to finish drying and I ended up in a conversation with one of the juniors. She seemed to have a real beef with anime and manga and spent most of the conversation going on about how the art style was so immature and flat and just overall sucked. So I decided to go a long with it and picked an image out of the ones on the wall that was seriously lacking in depth, colour, composition and technique and critiqued it, making the comment that I'd expect that level of workmanship from a freshman. She just stared at me blankly and said, "that's mine."

The only thing I could think to respond with was, "Sorry. But the critique still stands."

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

Monster head punch
Banana face gun
Bucket head

Good ones guys ^_^

Makes me remember one…

Anyway, during a birthday party I did that during the hide and seek game.. After hiding around the place for a while I came into the TV room, they were coming so I slipped under and beanbag… They stayed for ages, and then moved into the next room looking really really hard. So I stayed quiet and perfectly still, thinking what a freaking genius I was and how they were all idiots who'd NEVER find me! Anyway, I fell asleep under there.

Someone sat on me. -_-
the end.

LOL WINNER!

Posted at

I'm sure I've had those foot-in-mouth moments where I've accidentally insulted someone… but I make such an effort to forget them I can't remember any of them now lol!

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

Someone sat on me. -_-
the end.

hahahaha!, that reminds me that i'm a genius at hiding in plain sight.

Posted at

Are you hiding….. behind the camera? lol!

Posted at

This actually happened last week to a couple of friends of Mine. One of the Night Graphic Design classes had gone on break, and my friends Mike and Kim were roughhousing in the hall, in rolling chairs, in front of the glass display cases for student work. So Mike being the big man that he is, gets shoved through one of the cases by Kate.(Mike was fine, the display case and chair, less so).

Next day at class, we are talking about it and the teacher looks up and says, "So you got beaten up by a girl?"

Not as funny as the rest of these, but it doesn't take much to make me laugh… especially when it comes to MIke.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

i'm actually the lump between the dresser and the bed on the right. :D

Posted at

I'm the lump
huh!? Truly you posses the ninja gene.

lba
lba
Posted at

I couldn't decide if that fleshy coloured bit was a hand or some weirdly coloured piece of cloth or whatever.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Back when I was visiting Boise several months ago, I had rented a car to drive around. My friend lives near an elementary school on a busy road at a busy intersection, and no one ever follows the 20-mph lights when they're flashing.

Because I'm a good citizen I always follow speed limits (also because, speeding tickets suck). So as I'm driving through this school zone at a sedate 17 mph, my friend and I see a semi-hidden motorcycle cop radar-gunning everyone going through the zone. Right as I'm passing him he shouts "Thank you!"
lol! Weird… You were lucky. The guy was probably so pissed off that NO ONE was following the limit that he couldn't help himself when someone actually did! lol!
I didn't guess. That's a smooth one :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.